Interplay done for, Bethesda sues, Defonten creates

Maybe the whole point of the lawsuit on the selling of the old games is to try and stop the 'knowledge' that there was ever a 'Fallout' before Bethesda. If they silence all the re-releases, then new gamers have no comparisons between their 'great' effort and the 'archaic' beginnings.

Ausir said:
And before that, Glutton Creeper actually tried to squash a fan-made Fallout d20, so they got what they deserved.
D20 really doesn't work well for anything other than DnD and 3rd Edition had a crapload of problems due to WotC pretty much pulling all of the numbers for it out of their ass. They didn't do any calculations on it until something like two years before 4th Edition was released.

If Fallout was going to be made a campaign setting for any system I think that Alternity would work the best for it, but I'm biased :P.

EDIT:
Commiered said:
Maybe the whole point of the lawsuit on the selling of the old games is to try and stop the 'knowledge' that there was ever a 'Fallout' before Bethesda. If they silence all the re-releases, then new gamers have no comparisons between their 'great' effort and the 'archaic' beginnings.
Methinks you've been reading the BSGF topic on this :P. Beth likes to talk about looking forward a lot and don't seem very interested in re-releasing their old games (Arena just finally was re-released for free) so it's very possible that they wouldn't keep the Fallout Trilogy on the shelves. They also might not to keep it out there so that people can't see how much content they translate from old games into new ones. I especially think that they wouldn't want people comparing FO:BoS with Fallout 3, but there is not real threat of that being re-released ;). It's also possible that they want the old games so that they can release a Fallout Trilogy in a couple years that includes Fallout 1,2,3 and ignore Tactics, that is one of their complaints after all.

Cimmerian Nights said:
The closest thing to a Fallout sequel you'll ever see was already made, it's called Arcanum.
It would be cool if Interplay would make Arcanum as a second SPECIAL game instead of Fo2.

Back