Is this Cannon? *possible Cass spoiler*

Goweigus

Mildly Dipped
Is Rose Of Cassidy (or whatever) meant to die? I finished her quest line and now I have a quest to bring her to Baptiste who will have her killed. I was told not to take revenge on Baptistes sister or the Crimson Caravan by the NCR fella that will take the caravan conspiracy paper (although I doubt the game really keeps track of that).

So I am wondering if I am supposed to let her die and that is her character arc as imagined by the developers cannon or what. I don't want to let her die, and I don't think I can save her without cheating and losing out on the Baptiste quest and the ones that follow after bringing in Cass.

Does anyone know anything about what events in New Vegas are cannon? Or has there not been any word yet on what was cannon in the series since Fallout 1 and 2?

Of course the canon for this game hasn't been set yet.

What's with the influx of people bringing this up? Current games never have canon paths. Fallout 2 doesn't have friggin' canon other than what we incidentally pick up from New Vegas. 3 and New Vegas certainly don't.

And even if they do, what does it matter?

We will see what's canon when the next game comes out.

Ausir said:
Current games never have canon paths.
Actually, Star Wars games always do (the light side path).

:roll:

Seriously Ausir, you're having a terrible correction day. This is a Fallout forum, I'm talking about Fallout games. Stop. Reaching.

Heh, well it would have been sort of downers if the Dark Side paths were canon as in several of them my player character would end up as a despot even more evil than Palpatine, dragging the galaxy down in darkness.

Goweigus said:
Is Rose Of Cassidy (or whatever) meant to die? I finished her quest line and now I have a quest to bring her to Baptiste who will have her killed. I was told not to take revenge on Baptistes sister or the Crimson Caravan by the NCR fella that will take the caravan conspiracy paper (although I doubt the game really keeps track of that).

So I am wondering if I am supposed to let her die and that is her character arc as imagined by the developers cannon or what. I don't want to let her die, and I don't think I can save her without cheating and losing out on the Baptiste quest and the ones that follow after bringing in Cass.

Does anyone know anything about what events in New Vegas are cannon? Or has there not been any word yet on what was cannon in the series since Fallout 1 and 2?

You can easily kill everyone in the Baptistes except for the Woman. Simply do the Missions for them (guarding the door) and either:

A. Let the man with the revolver in. He will kill everone (including the woman)

B. Complete the quest, then you will be allowed to enter the building without disarming. Go in there, drop C4 on the ground through the guard positions, and one at Jeans feet. Then detonate them. Everyone will die and the woman will still live.

Back