Japanese Toilets!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Duckman, Jul 15, 2006.

1. calculon000

calculon000 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 10, 2004
    The toilet citied there is a western-style toilet, not the piss trough design the Japanese originally have. It is this piss trough I find moronic.

Western:

Piss trough:

2. frissy

frissy Mildly Dipped

Feb 18, 2005
    I thought that was for the Swedish rocking chair?
    ________
    No2 vaporizers

3. Loxley

Loxley Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 11, 2003
    Well from a hygiene point of view the japanese toilet is probably superior since it involves not as large contact areas as the european standard.

4. Hotel California

Hotel California Mildly Dipped

Feb 6, 2005
    Don't even get me started on FRENCH toilets - what use is a hole in the ground: never mind the fact you have to squat but it all pings back up - eww.

Ever read The Last Albatross by Ian Banks? It has just such a scene where huge queues of women want to try the autowash - even the fridged school teacher wants another go!

But in all honesty how long do you need to stay on the toilet? I'm all for having a good read of the paper but bringing your own memory card to plug in and play is absurd.

5. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 18, 2004
    Cultural inheritance, a squatting tradition against a sitting tradition.

Besides, there is also the horror of the The German Poo-Shelf Toilet.

6. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    Hilarious link! Maybe the inventor had a secret shit fetish?

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller

7. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Ehehe, those are really common around here.
    I have no idea why, though. Perhaps it has to do with technical flushing problems.

8. brandons1313

brandons1313 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 18, 2004
  9. Hotel California

Hotel California Mildly Dipped

Feb 6, 2005
    Good gawd i totally forgot those! I went to Germany in March on a Foreign exchange and my partner's house had many. I don't understand the reason for having water to cover the smell when it just sits there. However, it can stop the unpleasant splash back that comes with conventional toilets.

10. DirtyDreamDesigner

DirtyDreamDesigner Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 15, 2005
    Silly Germans and their coprofilia...

11. Starseeker

Starseeker Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 25, 2003
    I had one in my hotel during my trip to Vienna last year. It wasn't a very ....enjoyable experience.

The same reason I can't squat any more. It's interesting how spending a lot of time in other countries can change one's behavior. Still, most modern/young Asian kids I know haven't even seen a squatter.

There was that funny story where a group of American kids I lead for a Chinese exchange trip had some problems while we were on the train. Apparently, one of the girls slipped while squating, and she panicked. She thought her foot was stuck, so after we were notified of the screaming in English in the bathroom, we had to mount a rescue mission.

Needless to say, she had quite a cultural shock.