Just started playing Fallout 1 for the first time!

UnbuiltSpy

First time out of the vault
And let me tell you... This is EXACTLY how I imagined the world of Fallout to look like after leaving the vault, when I played FO3 for the first time in 2011 I was a little let down with the general atmosphere of the game. A A month ago when I decided to buy Fallout 1&2 and I started Fallout 1 up and played for a few hours I was INSTANTLY hooked! The wide open desert wasteland and cliff faces just outside the vault and the few sparse communities is exactly how I imagined the world of Fallout to look like. No 1950s wannabe humor or toned down violence. Just a pure post apocalyptic role playing game. I LOVE the RPG elements in this game! And this may just be my opinion but I actually prefer the gameplay in fallout 1 to the newer action oriented style of the newer games.
Here's a screenshot of my player, I got lucky and found an alien blaster upon leaving the vault!! I sold it and got me a plasma rifle!!! At only level 2!!!!

ndyh6NP

For reference, imgur galleries have to be imbedded as media, not images

The Alien Blaster is a really good gun! You should have kept it.

Nice to see you discovering Fallout 1! It's a great game.

e: There's loads of recent threads by people coming here and telling us about their first ever experience of of Fallout 1. Like this for example. It's a nice little trend.

The Alien Blaster is a really good gun! You should have kept it.

Nice to see you discovering Fallout 1! It's a great game.

e: There's loads of recent threads by people coming here and telling us about their first ever experience of of Fallout 1. Like this for example. It's a nice little trend.
Where do I find ammo for it? I have an older save with the alien blaster without ammo.

That's true! You will be able to buy ammo for it in later towns and also loot it from late game enemies. Sticking to small guns is probably wiser in the beginning.

I'm glad you're having fun with the game so far, very much worth finishing. It's one of my favorites and some of the most fun I ever had with an RPG, and it's always nice to see that it's still beloved from the people who play it for the first time.

Last edited:
Back