Resource icon

Fallout 2 mod Last Hope mod v1.086

So yeah, I've finished my playthrough, although agin if it wasn't for vad's save editor i would've stumbled upon trouble as certain folks get mad and or hostile for completely no reason. Anyways a lot has improoved. There's definetly a whole lot less bugs than in 1.082.. although still no ending slides :(

still looking for martin to get that molerat hunting quest. was this pulled out of the game?

are those systolic motivators used for something or are they useless junk items to tease the weaksauce players with power armor?

the decision to put Combat Armor Mk2 in the game and gate it behind such a huge sacrifice was spot on.
I even began to adapt myself to the fact that even one of the basic Combat Armors is obtained with a sacrifice.

I truly recommend this mod to anyone looking for some fresh classic fallout experience.

Most notable parts are:
1. it's not easy to steal in this game for the most part
2. Currency are fallout 2 golden coins (as should be) and not the imbecylic bottle caps. ( though threre is some amount of pre war money).
3. no usable power armor. You won't be op in this mod regarding defense

Dr. Karl in Farmer's Town asked for heart pills and I brought the pills to him but now he is just saying "please don't kill me" and not starting dialogue with me.

Edit: Other locals are also calling me "the killer" but I have no idea who I killed in that town, only some geckos.

Edit 2: Same thing in miners town as well.

Last edited:
Dr. Karl in Farmer's Town asked for heart pills and I brought the pills to him but now he is just saying "please don't kill me" and not starting dialogue with me.

Edit: Other locals are also calling me "the killer" but I have no idea who I killed in that town, only some geckos.

It's a bug.. happeed to me as well, the game somehow applied a town enemy gvar to this savegame. It's not fixabel without save editor.
I got mine fixed by the man himself, although it's highly doubtfull He's going to fix every single instance of this.. although this might ecourage Him to fix this bug. there's going to be one more guy in Golden Valley that throws you to jail, but that's another story.

@Forgotten Knight

See told ya I didn't fucked up, and it's a bug..

Hello there, you can sent me save game file to check your case. Just to make sure you played a good character. So far my investigation found one suspect, i'll deal with that later.

For future comments, please check your ingame actions carefully. Shooting accidents count too. Thanks for being polite, that's very rare these days.

Hello there, you can sent me save game file to check your case. Just to make sure you played a good character. So far my investigation found one suspect, i'll deal with that later.

For future comments, please check your ingame actions carefully. Shooting accidents count too. Thanks for being polite, that's very rare these days.

How can I send it to you?

It's a bug.. happeed to me as well, the game somehow applied a town enemy gvar to this savegame. It's not fixabel without save editor.
I got mine fixed by the man himself, although it's highly doubtfull He's going to fix every single instance of this.. although this might ecourage Him to fix this bug. there's going to be one more guy in Golden Valley that throws you to jail, but that's another story.

@Forgotten Knight

See told ya I didn't fucked up, and it's a bug..

Yep, getting arrested for no reason in Golden Valley was on today's menu lol.

the onlyw ay getting out is if you have stole the key of the sheriff's man guarding the cells, after that you could in theory run past that arresting bonehead, althoug i'd recommend exiting by Aston's map ( there's seposedly an exit grid) ( Aston's map is west of sheriff's office).

@Forgotten Knight

Please man don't tell me You feel bullied by me by saying "politeness is rare theese days".
I may be a bit rough around the edges, however I do not intend to insult you in any way..
So how it's gonna be 'o budddy 'o pal?

How can I send it to you?
Very easy, pack that save game SLOT folder with winrar or zip and upload it even here if it's easier for you.
If you played like usual players do, it should be no problem for me to check that save and see what's on the menu.

Very easy, pack that save game SLOT folder with winrar or zip and upload it even here if it's easier for you.
If you played like usual players do, it should be no problem for me to check that save and see what's on the menu.

I hope this is the correct file.

Attachments

I hope this is the correct file.
Thanks, everything is there.

I checked your save, little Tim died here:

scr00000.png
His or Dan's death will cause Darren to confront you and send you to jail. There's no other scenario where Darren does this, it's a specific case.

How about the folks in farmers town and miners town being hostile to me?
Of course, i found this:
scr00001.png
That spot where you see brass knuckles item on the ground is where local citizen should be. Now, this person didn't drop their inventory and leave, they're actually dead.
This is rock solid atm, everyone who's interested can check that save. If new evidence shows up i'll be happy to put it before the jury.

For the record, i did a playthough before the release and there wasn't a single case of sudden hostility towards the player.

well, how come Tim and that lady are dead, i haven't kiled them in my playthroughs, and i specifically took Dan's quest to kill the raiders, and so i did, and later sent Dan to hospital.

besides there are no bull guards in front of bulls's base

Of course, i found this:
View attachment 27775 That spot where you see brass knuckles item on the ground is where local citizen should be. Now, this person didn't drop their inventory and leave, they're actually dead.
This is rock solid atm, everyone who's interested can check that save. If new evidence shows up i'll be happy to put it before the jury.

For the record, i did a playthough before the release and there wasn't a single case of sudden hostility towards the player.

I am 100% sure I did not kill anybody in this town.

@Forgotten Knight
About to sit down and make a test playthrough to see if Your fixes helped solve the issue..

on the other hand:
setting apropriate section in ddraw.ini
MovieTimer_artimer1=-1
MovieTimer_artimer2=-1
MovieTimer_artimer3=-1
MovieTimer_artimer4=-1

causes theese won't display. I know You've disabled hakunin dreams, however they still cause a black screen for few seconds, which might freak out some players..
Better set this as I did above to disable the dream sequences completely.

Also In unofficial releases by Pyran_ there is an credits.mve and elder.mve that have content other than black screen.

So i upscaled them plus the Last Hope Logo movie up to 720p. they are in format playable by the game Xvid .avi ( just enable AllowDShowMovies=1 in ddraw.ini , drop the files in \data\art\cuts and you're good to go ) .

If You're interested drop me a place to upload theese.

not good at this. but why did you add the res config there, if it is not used by default. and if another is used, why is that not configurable

anyway, my point is , I cannot play it in window mode with the default ? where do I configure the DEFAULT settings?

edit: nvm. its in ddr ini

is there a way to not lock the cursor in the window?

Last edited:
@nimeni
sfall a.k.a. ddraw.dll and ddraw.ini is a separate moification to fallout2 it is used since fallout2 has trouble running on modern PCs. With sfall running Fallout2 and it's mods should be fairly easy with enaugh configuration.
res config, you speak about has double purpose, as there are two high rez mods that are supported currently:
-Original HRP
-sfall's builtin HRP

both use the same files to work, although both of them handle resolution functions in a different way.

resolution can be changed in f2-res.ini and or in ddraw.ini

anything beyond resolution change in f2-res.ini requires DirectX9 support. Both set in f2-res.ini and ddraw.ini, but also you need the libraries present in your system. (a.k.a. get it from microsoft download and install it).

@Forgotten Knight

few things actualy..

1. Music is missing (in order to play the music it needs to be present in data\sound\music folder or any other specified in falliut2.cfg, it won't work from master.dat and there is none in LastHope 1.084 nor in 1.083), it does not play during the game (on any of the maps).

2. Martin the molerat hunter is missing. Unable to get the quest to hunt molerats.

3. Been a couple of times to Farmers Town in 1.084 didn't notice any problems so far. that problematic lady stays where she's sepose to be.

4. What are the exact requiremets in order to trade with the APC travelling merchant? I'm lvl 12 with Combat Armor and HK-P90c and he still tells me "high profile customers only"
what does get one to be high profile? Last time i was lvl 16 maybe and did not had the car yet nor a combat armor, and i was allowed to trade with him if i remember correctly..
So what are the true conditions?

5. do you want the Last Hope upscaled intros to 720p, that are in a format playable by the game?

Last edited:
few things actualy..

1. Music is missing (in order to play the music it needs to be present in data\sound\music folder or any other specified in falliut2.cfg, it won't work from master.dat and there is none in LastHope 1.084 nor in 1.083), it does not play during the game (on any of the maps).

2. Martin the molerat hunter is missing. Unable to get the quest to hunt molerats.

3. Been a couple of times to Farmers Town in 1.084 didn't notice any problems so far. that problematic lady stays where she's sepose to be.

4. What are the exact requiremets in order to trade with the APC travelling merchant? I'm lvl 12 with Combat Armor and HK-P90c and he still tells me "high profile customers only"
what does get one to be high profile? Last time i was lvl 16 maybe and did not had the car yet nor a combat armor, and i was allowed to trade with him if i remember correctly..
So what are the true conditions?

5. do you want the Last Hope upscaled intros to 720p, that are in a format playable by the game?

1.I've been suggested not to use any of the main copyrighted files, including music. I'll stick with that. This belongs to generic category from here.
2.Already mentioned couple of times, just dragging along with no actual purpose but to exist, not implemented until stated otherwise. Wait for director's cut edition.
3.Thanks, that's a good thing to mention.
4.True as the sky is blue, or is it black...
level >= 15
5.Old pixelated one feels nostalgic, not sure if i need to change that atm. Thanks anyway.

@Forgotten Knight

About the intro videos i actually had credits.mve in mind.

Thing is the unofficial Last Hope releases come bundled with credits.mve an additional video that plays right after the "Last Hope by Forgotten Knight" Intro.mve

Your original version has this file with only 8kB in size, the unofficial version is somewhat bigger and includes content beyond one black frame.

As for music in the game, could you list which trancks i am sepose to unpack from master.dat in order for music to work ingame? I mean the maps do have some music files set to be played right?

Back