MacGyver saves Lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by alec, May 6, 2006.

1. Duckman

Duckman Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 18, 2005
    I actually fell for the show because of the amazing scenery in the first few episodes.

Even now, these landscapes I find breathtaking.

(Hey, I don't get to see much rainforest/massive open areas around my place)

2. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    It does! And it was cancelled. Wtf? Well, Battlestar Galactica isn't bad.

3. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    They show two episodes at once on Belgian television. That way each episode is about the length of a movie.
    I must say that I have roughly the same feelings and opinions about Lost. I really like some of the characters (like John Locke and that fat dude that won the lottery, for instance), while I totally hate others (like Jack, who's a real arsehole). I'm still wondering what's happening on that island, though. The Dharma-project? The Others? Everyone seems to kinda sorta know each other from before the crash? It just puzzles me. The way the plot will work out and such.

4. Malky

Malky Lived Through the Heat Death
    Orderite

May 7, 2003
    It was cancelled because Fox sucks.

Battlestar Galactica actually turned out really good. I wasn't very optimistic about it, but after two episodes I got hooked.

5. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    My guess is, they don't know where they're taking it themselves. Their show probably got more popular than they ever anticipated, so now they're just going to drag it out for ten seasons, up to a point where nothing will make any sense or be even remotely interesting.

Precedent: The X-files.

6. Duckman

Nov 18, 2005
    Yeah that's the way I'm seeing it now. There is no sense to what is going on, or will happen. Hopefully it won't go the way of the X-Files, as that turned out fairly *ehem* shite...

I'm only watching it to see what happens as once I actually start watching a series I need to see the conclusion and the like...

7. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Which probably what will happen to Prison Break as well.
    Damn, that first season rocked.

8. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Hey, fuck you, The X-Files were awesome. One of my favourite sitcoms ever. Plus, Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) featured in practically all my teenage fantasies. I virtually raped and massacred every part of that woman's body, especially her butt. Great memories there. Rrrrrrrrrraaawwrrrrrrrrr...

9. Duckman

Nov 18, 2005
    So you really didn't like the X-Files, rather one of the actors...

Mmm, interesting :roll:

10. babadook

babadook Lived Through the Heat Death
    Orderite

Apr 2, 2005
    Yes she was kind of hot.

An old serie that I started to like a few weeks ago features Jean-Luc Picard on a spaceship. It's the season with Jean-Luc that's good, the rest sucks.

11. c0ldst33ltrs4u

c0ldst33ltrs4u Vault Dweller

Jan 12, 2004
    I liked that season of star trek, I saw it when I was eight or nine, they would air one episode every Sunday afternoon and all the kids would go watch it... Beam me up Mr Scotty! :lol:

Alec, you have good taste as always :lol: , Dana had that innocent look with a 'hurt me bad' vibe, can't say why but that's how I felt. I lost some juice over her too :look:

12. Malky

Orderite

May 7, 2003
    Okay, okay, I'm an idiot for ever talking shit on Lost. Fucking amazing show. I can't wait for the next season to start.

13. victor

victor Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Dec 12, 2003
    It starts soon, too. By the way Malk, thanks for mentioning Jericho in another thread. It might turn out really cool, but then again, if it's some christian propaganda about family values and go america and shit, then meh. Everyone watch the pilot, it's worth it. I'd like to discuss it here, but I don't want to spoil.

14. Malky

Orderite

May 7, 2003
    No problem, and I'll check it out when I can. I'm not sure if it's premiered here, yet. I have been working evenings lately so I'm kind of out of the loop on TV schedules.

15. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    Alec, Sitcom = Situation Comedy.

These are drama series, or whatever you call them.

16. Duckman

Nov 18, 2005
    Meh Lost was good. After watching Season 2 though, it just made me realise that this is show will drag on for fucking ever.

Oh and Jericho starts here in Australia soon and it looks quite good. What do you guys think of it??

Now a good show is House. Hugh Laurie is a damn fine actor, and there was an episode on the last few weeks where Foreman had some disease thing that they couldn't figure out. Awesome stuff!

[Yes I know I'm crap at ep descriptions]

17. Volkov

Volkov Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 30, 2004
    Got hooked on House after seeing two episodes on TV, bought the first season the next day. He's just so much of a bastard that it's difficult to stop watching. :D

I tried really hard to like Battlestar, but I just found it so goddamn boring and melodramatic, which is a shame, since Stargate isn't really fulfilling my sci-fi needs these days.

18. victor

victor Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Dec 12, 2003
    House just started over here, it seems pretentious and well, "oh no not another doctor show".

I can definitely recommend the Jericho pilot. It has tons of potential, up to the writers if they're going to fuck this up.

19. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    Every time someone praises Lost, God drops a hair on a pizza.

I'm looking forward to it, too.

Galactica's second season's been significantly weaker than the first.

20. roshan

roshan First time out of the vault

Sep 17, 2006
    The new season of Prison Break is awesome, Its much more fast paced than the first, lots of action and intrique. Im glad theyve actually moved it forward rather than dragging it out in the prison. They should wrap up the plot this season.