Making an un'offical classic Fallout game set in Australia.

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by BadGamerDude, Jul 4, 2019.

1. BadGamerDude

BadGamerDude A long day and a peasant night.

Jul 4, 2019
    Hi all. I was hooked on the classic Fallout ever since Fallout 1 and 2 came out, and always wanted to see an other Fallout came, but out side the US. Considering that I live in Australia. Way I see it, considering that the Mad Max movies help played a large part in coloring the overall look and feel of the Fallout game to one degree or an other. So I am considering in making an unofficial Fallout came set in my own country of Australia. I have a few ideas with the overall plot and location's within the game long with idea's in what mutated Australian wildlife that the players will find in the game. Considering that I have no idea in programming, nor any idea what it take to do something like this. What is the best way to get started

2. a721402

a721402 Played FPS for decades still suck at it.

Mar 29, 2016
    Start from learn to code.

3. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I think Torontrayne should post his text on gamers wanting to create fan mods here, but in short; don't.

Don't start with a major project when this is the first time you seek to mod.
    Learns skills, decide what to specialize in (writing, script writing, map making, artist/designer), make a small mod first, join an existing team and learn the ropes of designing and making a game.

4. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    Try fonline Australia.

5. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    One small mod. That'll give you an idea (and it won't be pretty).

6. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Master scripting first, then see where your talents can take you.