Master

The Master's army would 100% go there and fuck that up quite easily and quickly.

The Master's army would 100% go there and fuck that up quite easily and quickly.
I found a reddit thread where people are coming up with all sorts of dumbass excuses for Vault 4. Like, the Master wouldn't want to get in there because it's full of mutants (there's no way he'd know that). Or the vault was a trial vault that started experimenting 5 years before the war so of course it wouldn't be hidden (but it's still a vault though, it's supposed to be hidden regardless and it's not a showcase vault where they do tours).

I found a reddit thread where people are coming up with all sorts of dumbass excuses for Vault 4.
People are coming up with all sort of dumbass excuses in all sorts of places to defend this garbage show.

This is nothing new, Bethesda fanboys were making excuses for all the changes and contrived garbage in Fallout 3 and that was almost 16 years ago.

Why? They're mutants.

The Master wasn't on a random genocide campaign.

He didn't destroy Necropolis and it doesn't have any humans who can be turned into Super Mutants.

Like, the Master wouldn't want to get in there because it's full of mutants (there's no way he'd know that).

What? You think he'd just go in guns blazing?

And? The Master is all for Super Mutant supremacy, if you offer nothing of value to him and his army, you get blasted.

Except...no.

That's not how he operates.

Still attacks it and kills a lot of people.

Except Seth and company are now his "allies" even if they don't have a choice about it. The Master doesn't engage in pointless murder. He's trying to end all conflict via mind control and transhumanism. He even planned to offer humans who didn't want in a chance to be sterilized.

Except...no.
Except...yes. That's how he operates.

If the Master thinks you have nothing of value you get killed, that's how it is. He doesn't leave communities not related to his plan in any way hanging around when he is looking to completely control the world with his Super Mutants.

Except Seth and company are now his "allies" even if they don't have a choice about it.
Yeah, because they had something to offer. The mutants in Vault 4 wouldn't have really anything of worth to offer him, i doubt he would find anything of value out of some lunatics that workship an exploded city and a specific faction.

Also, the Master wouldn't know that the population in Vault 4 is mutants, nothing outside of the vault says "hey mutants here, don't bother checking". So the fact that he didn't checked is incredibly dumb.

I'm pretty certain that when you talk to Master he says that the ghouls have no place in his future and will be wiped out.
Reason for why he's "allied" with the ones in Necropolis is to keep them calm while they move in and take over.
Last time I played because I took too long with something Necropolis got slaughtered by Unity.

What? You think he'd just go in guns blazing?

Yeah, because they had something to offer. The mutants in Vault 4 wouldn't have really anything of worth to offer him, i doubt he would find anything of value out of some lunatics that workship an exploded city and a specific faction.

The Masster would have seen a ton of value in humanoid mutants who are reproductively viable. The Lou would only need a few test subjects to realize the goldmine they had on their hands. Plus Vault 4 is a genetics research facility and the dwellers know how to operate that technology. The Master would see a lot of value in trained technicians who could help him perfect F.E.V..

Yeah and he also created the Children of the Citadel to spy on people and serve as his operatives.

The Masster would have seen a ton of value in humanoid mutants who are reproductively viable. The Lou would only need a few test subjects to realize the goldmine they had on their hands. Plus Vault 4 is a genetics research facility and the dwellers know how to operate that technology. The Master would see a lot of value in trained technicians who could help him perfect F.E.V..

The Master wants FEV mutants not gene spliced animal mutants.

Yeah and he also created the Children of the Citadel to spy on people and serve as his operatives.

The Master wants FEV mutants not gene spliced animal mutants.

You don't see how the first point contradicts the latter here?

Supermutants always wipe out Necropolis (including Set and his goons) after 110 days. If you kill Harry and other mutants guarding the pump, then the invasion happens 30 days after that.

Master also laughs at the suggestion that ghouls are able to survive better than SMs.

How? The former are all going to be dipped eventually.

The mutants are reproductively viable and likely have traits that help them to survive in the wasteland. It's a potential alternative the Master can keep in his back pocket. The more immediate and obvious benefit is that the V4 dwellers are already familiar with the genetics facility and could work for the Master to perfect FEV and the dipping process. Which is something they can't do with the facilities at Mariposa alone. No matter how much the Master and The Lou experimented with FEV-2 at Mariposa, they still only have the FEV-2 strain to work on. The mutagen used in Vault 4 is capable of hybridizing species, which is about as "Unity" as it gets.

Also, didn't the Master experiment with splicing animals and humans together as well? That's where the centaurs came from. Surely he'd be interested in a genetics lab vault.

I think the Master was dipping critters to see what kind of fusions he could come up with before he started dipping people.

Back