Maybe NMA should start chatting on Steam

I don't understand how people can enjoy playing games and being constantly interrupted by messages. If I am killing stuff in a real time combat game I don't want popups appearing telling me this guy just said "Hi" and stuff like that. Then I have to pause the game and reply with something witty like "Hey." or something... :scratch:

You can customize your notifications so the window just flashes with new messages, no pop-ups bottom right, no sound, no nothing if you're in full screen, you won't notice it unless you shift+tab.

Plus just put that you are Busy or Away and tell people to fuck off like everyone else.

I'm joining AFK crew then.

I don't understand how people can enjoy playing games and being constantly interrupted by messages. If I am killing stuff in a real time combat game I don't want popups appearing telling me this guy just said "Hi" and stuff like that. Then I have to pause the game and reply with something witty like "Hey." or something... :scratch:
You have a lot of ways to circumvent that, though. For one, Steam Group chad doesn't pop in or make noise (default setting). You can also set your status to "Busy" or "AFK" even when playing (appears in chat). Or just put your status in Disconnected if you want zero pestering.

EDIT: So what the others said.

You can customize your notifications so the window just flashes with new messages, no pop-ups bottom right, no sound, no nothing if you're in full screen, you won't notice it unless you shift+tab.
Plus just put that you are Busy or Away and tell people to fuck off like everyone else.
I'm joining AFK crew then.

You have a lot of ways to circumvent that, though. For one, Steam Group chad doesn't pop in or make noise (default setting). You can also set your status to "Busy" or "AFK" even when playing (appears in chat). Or just put your status in Disconnected if you want zero pestering.

EDIT: So what the others said.
But then what's the point in having it open if I am too busy playing the game? :scratch:
Wait does steam chat channels keep public logs? I guess if it doesn't then it might be an advantage to have it open while we are busy doing other stuff... But it is still a small advantage >_>.

Oh well, I guess I am just not a social person :whistle:.

Hale. You have no excuse.

I created a Discord server for NMA and you can join at this link: https://discord.gg/HQDutJJ

There, you can hang out by chat, voice or just bum around AFK. There's always the alternative to go to private chat or specific rooms, of course.

You can invite whoever you feel like, as I or the Moderators can create different rooms, assign roles... That doesn't mean that non-members can come and hog a room to play all by themselves to CS:GO or something. Make your own server for that.

Could this get pinned somewhere? I can work on a better pamphlet if needs be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam Chat will now be used for "let's fuck off to Discord" lawl

I am saddened that people actually still use Facebook. I hate people on there because they are your typical brain dead non-internet user that only gets on Facebook.

Does Facebook have any... reason to exist anymore? A lot of other social networks have taken and done better the particular functions, and forums or blogs can do the other stuff.

Does Facebook have any... reason to exist anymore? A lot of other social networks have taken and done better the particular functions, and forums or blogs can do the other stuff.
I pretty much just used* it for swedish social media.

*Edited - I don't really use it much nowadays though. So I guess your point still stands.

That's the thing, for news and updates in stuff I'm interested Twitter with a link does it. No need to scroll through seas of crap and Candy Crush invites.

Back