Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

AND DA CHILDREN! ;D
MY FAVOURITE QUEST IN FALLOUT IS THE ORPHANAGE QUEST IN THE DEN!
Because it is VERY ANNOYING to keep things either in a locker somewhere and pray it doesn't get looted, or on Sulik to avoid the prying hands of the little thieves. (BECAUSE WHAT IF THEY STEAL THE CAR MOTOR? I NEED DAT! Nevermind that I don't understand how they steal it, IT WEIGHS MORE THAN THEY DO!^^).

And can't kill 'em, either.
Children have like 10 hit points.
It's like pointing a gun at a fish in a barrel. Boring.

I do steal from children, though.
BECAUSE THE NERDY ONES READ THE BEST BOOKS! (Science/repair^^).
And one is probably going to grow up to be Dex because I saw a Guns and Bullets on 'im. xP
(Or I may be misremembering.).
Is it still stealing if I play a weird uncle and give them a nuca cola for it?
(Come here, Little Boy (or Girl). Give Uncle Chosen One your pretty shiny magazine. I'll give you... A FRUIT. :D
Or a flower.^^).

Can FLARES be used to KILL?
Because once I was caught by Raiders and our greatest wealth was in LEATHER JACKETS and all I could do was throw flares into the Raiders' eyes. No one died. (IS IT possible to kill with a well-aimed flare?^^).

I wish all things like Sheriff's Star badge, or papers (Fake Citizenship and what not) didn't weigh anything.
I LIKE TO KEEP IT AS A REMINDER OF MY ADVENTURES! (Will probably put it up on my tent wall in the New Arroyo + Vault 13 Settlement.^^).

I WISH THERE WAS A NEW ARROYO SETTLEMENT! WITH TENTS FOR ALL THE SURVIVORS OF ARROYO AND VAULT 13 DWELLERS!
I would be perfectly happy with a VASE or a CHEST or a SHELF (bookshelf OR arroyo herbs' shelf, either are ok) inside each tent.

I WOULD PUT MY STUFF ALL OVER MY PERSONAL TENT FOR THE WIN! :D

And, I WANT THERE TO BE A CEMETERY!
So that the Elder can ask me to bring Hakunin's body to the new village location for proper burial (and this makes Hakunin's body lootable, even if he looked like a blood stain last time I saw him) so that when I go back to the the Old Arroyo I can pick up Hakunin's body (even if it looks like a box, on top of the blood stain) and go back to the Elder. Maybe one of the cemetery stones can say Hakunin on it and I put him there with a shovel.).
And plant XANDER ROOTS and BROC FLOWERS all around his grave IN MEMORIAM. :D
(This last part doesn't have to be part of the quest. I WILL DO IT REGARDLESS, EVEN WITHOUT A QUEST.).
(And go to his plot yearly and GET HIGH WITH SULIK AND KLINT! Good times, man!^^).

OH!

I just remembered a very annoying glitch.

Sometimes people die in combat WHILE STANDING UP without a death sequence (like being riddled with bullets and falling to the ground, with blood pooling underneath them).

The glitch looks like the person is standing and if you examine the person, it says, "He looks: Dead."

I am glad there is no Weather Mod.
Because I didn't know what it was until I read about it in the forums.
I thought the weird thing I was seeing was a glitch.
I totally didn't realise it was a sandstorm.

The drug dealers in New Reno do not get a fresh stash of jet in their inventory. Would be nice if they refreshed also after some time (like after 1 day^^) SO I CAN BUY MORE JET! :) I LOVE THAT STUFF EVER SINCE I SAW MY PC GET 13 ACTION POINTS! NOW THAT'S SOME PRIME SH*T! (pun intended, because I LISTEN WHEN MYRON TALKS!^^).

If you want Sulik to use HtH weapons, go into his stats and for weapons choose the option "unarmed." Then, if you tell him to use the best weapon, he will pick whatever HtH weapon he has that does the most damage. (if he is high-level, and you tell him to use best weapon, he will use a gun. Because DUH! Even if he has a PowerFist, Sulik is smart, and knows that the best way to kill is from far away. ^^).

Also, if Sulik is a "ranged" fighter, nothing will make him use HtH weapons.
(Tell him to be an "unarmed" fighter first.^^).

Thanks, it works! I usually play with "ControlCombat=2" and never use that submenu.
As for the being smart: Klint and Sulik both have Melee Damage = 9, and this is a good bonus to the damage even for Ripper or Power fist. It's almost like additional Living Anatomy, only they have it from the start! Also Power fist and Ripper have WeaponPenetrate perk (it removes 80% of target's Damage Threshold) ))

Last edited:
@MIB88
It seems that the "problem" with Sulik, Klint and HtH weapons is solved (actually, there never was a problem, only my inattention :) ). Only I still find it strange that with default setting (Melee or Ranged) both of them will actively prefer to drop, say, knuckles and choose "None". I think something wrong here, and "Unarmed" should take precedence of "None. )

Last edited:
@MIB88
If you make save during the night fight (when it's all dark), then exit and reload from that save, suddenly there will be a spot of light around the place where the Chosen stands, as if it was lit by flare.

Nirran, did remove that ddraw line from 1 to 0, and started to work. Another BUG - vault 23 elevator is missing script that adds buttons to go down. I can walk through the mountain texture freely.

Another BUG - vault 23 elevator is missing script that adds buttons to go down. I can walk through the mountain texture freely.
I played through Vault 23 recently (with the latest update, I mean), and there was nothing wrong with the elevator. Gladly I didn't forget to push movement animation to the maximum acceleration before entering the location (because of the huge amount of slow rats), but other than that - everything was easy and smooth. )

I LOVE MEGAMOD!!!!!!!!
I started playing Killap's Restoration FOR THE ARMOR MODS! (MYRON WITH A LITTLE COMBAT ARMOR BACKPACK FOR THE WIN!!!!!^^).
HERE IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MEGAMOD:
I LOVE *ALL* OPTIONS OF CHARACTER FIGHTING BEING AVAILABLE IN MEGAMOD! :)
Marcus in non-megamod has NO OPTIONS to choose from. There is like 2.
IN MEGAMOD, ALL THOSE OPTIONS CAN BE CHOSEN!
AND I LOVE THE ONE WITH "BE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU WON'T HIT ME! :)
I just recently had A REALLY NICE KILL WITH CASSIDY.
I gave 'im a choice of Hunting Rifle, Assault, Rifle, or MAW.
He chose MAW. :)
And in battle, we were facing bandits attacking a caravan and CASSIDY MADE A REALLY NICE DOUBLE KILL!
I thought for sure he would hit one of us, BUT NO! REALLY CLEAN, and 2 BANDITS FELL DOWN DEAD!
(I LOVE CASSIDY!^^).

KLAMATH:
I WISH KLAMATH HAD THE HELP TORR WITH BRAHMIN QUEST!

(The highlight of Klamath for me is to kill Dumb and Dumber. And get Spiked Knuckles off 'em! One for me and one for Klint. SULIK GOES AROUND WID DAT GIANT HAMMER OF HIS! BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS!^^).

SLAVER CAMP:
Glitch with opening door to Kurisu once the Slavers are dead.
I don't talk to anybody there.
I just attack straight off.
Well, after I killed them all, THE DOOR'S MESSAGE KEPT SAYING SLAVERS ARE NEARBY, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE ALL DEAD.

PRIMITIVE TRIBE:
Crashes on entering.
(Also, please add back the quest to gather knives and spears. It is easy enough and I love the experience!^^).

I ALSO LOVE ALL THE RANDOM AWESOME LOOT OF MEGAMOD!
I love the pretty golden locket. AND THE GECKO TEETH NECKLACE! (and how fire gecko pelts look in Megamod, even though I haven't encountered any in da recent play-through^^).
I also love all the herbs in Megamod.
(I love collecting devil's weed and ROLLING IT UP INTO JOINTS! heh heh heh heh^^).

Last edited:
DEN ORPHANAGE QUEST:
Please remove that last one child standing in front of Tubby's.
If the Orphanage is built.
Even if it makes that Coldhearts quest inaccessible.

I don't do Coldhearts quests. (I can never leave the Den without killing Metzger, for some reason. I blame Sulik for this.^^).

COLDHEARTS FARM:
Could you put more directions all around the Farm? Like when LOOKING (binoculars) at the trap door. Maybe mention HINGES and OIL. (Because it is not obvious at all. So that I would not be left to figure it out on my own, because if I do that, I will bury myself by exploding that trap door.).
And please add a direction of what to do with that round rock. Like when LOOKING at it, maybe it can say how to proceed to move it out of the way to go down. (Because blowing it up doesn't help.).
AND THOSE TRAPS ARE REALLY HARD TO SEE IN THE TUNNEL! (my Perception is 8.).
It is literally hard to see the traps ON THE COMPUTER MONITOR.
(Vault City acquired some nightlights on its streets when it is dark out. Maybe the Cold Hearts' Farm can have torches burning in the walls. To see the traps better.^^).
(I like traps because FREE EXPERIENCE TO UNTRAP THEM!^^).

CAR GLITCH:
The car can't be refueled unless it is A GREY COLOR.
I go around this glitch by giving myself GREY COLOR PAINT with Editor and asking the guys in New Reno to paint it.
COULD YOU ADD THE POSSIBILITY OF ASKING SMITTY AND THE NEW RENO CHOP SHOP TO PAINT THE CAR? Maybe they can all sell paint because where else to get it?
It would be AWESOME to be able to do that. (Also a necessity because THERE IS NO WAY TO REFUEL THE CAR IF IT IS A RUSTED WRECK.^^).

What I like about MEGAMOD is all the STUFF that HAS A PURPOSE IN MEGAMOD!
(like I can eat fruit and meat for health.^^). (I don't get why fruit's radioactive, though. It should be no problem for someone who's been raised in a tent and ate off the radioactive land their entire life, and their parents before them.^^).

MODOC QUESTION:
Rose's omelets are said to, "cure what ails ya."
Does that mean that they can cure POISONING AND RADIATION?
Could we make that happen? :D
I think logically, an omelette can't cure a broken limb, BUT THAT WOULD BE AWESOME TOO!
(Because we don't meet any doctors until we get to Vault city courtyard, and I wouldn't trust that guy to patch up my robo-dog.)
(The gecko doc seems ok, though. LENNY! I remembered!^^).

COULD ELDRIDGE ALSO SELL DOG ARMOR IN NEW RENO?
(And can it be worn by robot dogs as well as real ones?^^).

I have never taken Dogmeat from the Cafe of Broken Dreams.
BECAUSE AT LEAST HE IS ALIVE THERE!
I remember Dogmeat from Fallout 1.
I played the modded fallout 1 just to be able to tell Dogmeat to "wait here, boy."
Because MILITARY BASE IS HELL FOR DOGMEAT!
Especially Level 1.
On the lower levels, I can find some doors to put him behind.
There is one room with robots in it and I leave him there because I play around the the base security and I rewire it to consider "huge" critters suspicious and attackable. So Dogmeat would be fine. (:

But in fallout 2 I STEAL SHREDDER'S DOG!
BECAUSE HE IS LIKE ME, EXCEPT CANINE!
("Teeth, Master. Those sharp things they installed in my mouth." SUCH A CUTE DOG!^^).

Last edited:
I MISS THE SMALLER RADSCORPION TAILS WEIGHING ONLY 5 LBS INSTEAD OF 20.
(Was it gotten rid of because of the glitch where a scorpion, on death, has yellow rubber gloves in their inventory, instead of a tail?).
(Any way to keep the smaller tails WITHOUT this glitch?).

I KNOW OF AN EASY QUEST TO ADD:
MAYBE WE CAN GATHER YELLOW RUBBER GLOVES FOR A QUEST FOR SOMEBODY.
(Maybe the EPA doc.).

I LOVE HOW EPA LOOKS IN MEGAMOD! (ALL DEM TREES REALLY ADD TO THE ATMOSPHERE!).
I wish Dex, Cat Jules, and Kitsune were added to the EPA, though.
CUZ CAT'S THE BEST! (but he talks too much, DON'T CHANGE IT. His bad point makes Kitsune more likable.^^).
(I HAVE ALREADY DECIDED THAT CAT AND FOX MARRY. He is loud, she is quiet, they will do well together.^^).

THAT DOOR THAT KURISU IS BEHIND IN THE SLAVER CAMP:
MAKE IT EXPLODABLE WITH MOLOTOV OR GRENADES! (or even a flame thrower, because it is wooden, would just burn down so it makes sense.).
This is one way of going around that stupid slaver camp glitch.
BECAUSE EVEN WITH MY CRAP SHOOTING SKILLS, I STILL MANAGED TO KILL THEM ALL. And freed the slaves in the pen, but Kurisu's just standing there, behind bars, making sad eyes at me and Sulik. ;_;
PLEASE ALLOW KURISU TO BE SAVED!!!!!!!!

I like to save caravans from Raiders.
COULD YOU MAKE IT THAT ACCIDENTALLY HITTING EACH OTHER DOES *NOT* CAUSE THE CARAVAN GROUP TO TURN HOSTILE? Because I notice that if they hit me and I just ignore it, combat ends once we kill all the bandits.
Problem is, if *I* accidentally touch any of them while aiming at a bandit, they turn hostile instantly.

Is there an easy fix for this?
I don't want them to never turn hostile. If they are purposefully attacked, they should be hostile. But if it says OOPS! They should not turn hostile.
Because I *think* Vault City guards are hostile to anyone with bad karma.
That should stay true for a character with negative karma.
But all the caravans I encounter, even if caravan guards call me a goody-two-shoes, I can still save them from the bandits. (I save them to get the bandits' loot. So my help is conditional, even if I look like a good guy.^^).
They don't turn hostile (I like this) because the only ones whom I ever attack are bandits.

Last edited:
Back