Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    Slick the Trader in the Canyon Bridge has is in his misc trading inventory, was like forever there...
    if you found it anywhere else that is because of the random loot distribution mod.

2. obimark

obimark First time out of the vault

Aug 1, 2012
    Elridge basement in New Reno, cannot upgrade Laser pistol, Laser rifle, game simply hangs.

3. AlexanderMarabou

AlexanderMarabou First time out of the vault

Aug 17, 2019
    MIB88 have you managed to duplicate the bug? I've just encountered it and searched the web for fix to no avail :(. Is there a fix for the dialog file? I'd be glad if anyone could help me to fix it.
    First I played it on ver 2.47.1 then I realised there's ver 2.47.4 and updated it, but change didn't help and I'm still encountering this issue.

BTW. I have few saves before killing the slavers and after if it'd be helpful to replicate it.

PS. Love the mod, keep up the great work.

Attached Files:

4. MIB88

MIB88 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Could you please check something in your Fallout2/data/scripts folder? Please find the script rtribec7.int. Does it have a date of 5/27/19 with a time of 11:06 am? Also: in your Fallout2/data/text/English/dialog folder, is there a file called rtribec7.msg?

I never tried this while also having slaves, though. I'll look inside the script to see if that even matters. (It shouldn't.)

Again, I cannot replicate this error. Everything still works on my end.

@obimark
    I do not encounter this problem. Please check something. Inside the data/proto/items folder, do you have items 00000401.pro and 00000402.pro? If you do, try deleting them. They should not be there.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  5. AlexanderMarabou

Aug 17, 2019
    Yes, both files are there and rtribec7.int have the date 5/27/19 with time 11:06 AM.
    rtribec7.msg has a different date though 4/29/16 with time 10:55PM

I reinstalled the game from the scratch on an external HDD with a GOG F2 copy from a different source and installed Megamod. Copied the saves and still the same thing :/.

I've uploaded my save slot (SLOT32) where my Char is standing in front of the gate in Slaver's Camp. Maybe it'll be easier to reproduce.

BTW. do you also have discoloration in the game? In short intro videos I can see some rainbow-discoloration and in the game itself I cannot see the numbers of SPECIAL in my character sheet. The message box in the bottom left hand corner is also discolored.
    I saved print screens (they are black but for some reason I managed to capture discoloration).

Attached Files:

6. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ First time out of the vault

Jan 31, 2017
    Hi there.
    MIB
    1. There are extra files in the mod (old hi-res, edge for RP and other, folders and configs that are't used, as well as copies of existing files) - remove them, please.
    2. Maybe it's better to pack pro-files in patch000.dat, instead of using process2.exe? It is more convenient.
    3. Make installer with sfall-e 4.1.9.1, hi-res 4.1.8 and filter inventory add-on 1.5.5 & trible fix
    !!! default setup in subfoler. For select in main directory: change patch & check box "Root directory mode"

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  7. Perkyguy

Perkyguy First time out of the vault

May 21, 2008
    How the hell do you use Metzeger's handcuffs? Nothing i tried works.

8. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    1. Leave one enemy alive!
    2. Need a kick in the head to stun the NPC, and then apply handcuffs.
    3. If you have a "Fast shot", then I don’t know, just beat with your hands.

9. Perkyguy

Perkyguy First time out of the vault

May 21, 2008
    Well, it seems like this only works when the game feels like it. Alos, the NPC's die way before they go unconscious and the two times i managed to get someone, metzger doesnt react.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  10. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    Try: Stand behind the npc - kick to the head 1-2 punch - NPC unconscious. Finish the fight, use handcuffs.
    Metzger needs special slaves. In the text prompt, whom he lead.

11. AlexanderMarabou

Aug 17, 2019
    When tried to lockpick doors at EPA to the storage areas on the ground floor/parking I get message "That does nothing". Any clues why and what to do? :/.
    I used both lockpick skill and extended lockpick set.

12. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    Megamod fix:
    • Updated map "Entrance to the Temple of Trials" (Adaptation from RP).
    • Updated map "Toxic Caves" (fixed entrance).
    • Updated map "Bridge to the village" (almost unchanged).
    • Redrawed city signs on the worldmap (now beautiful).
    • The names "Farm" "Truck", "Car without Gas" and "Car Brokedown" are corrected, now "Jennings Farm" "Car Crash", "Without Fuel", "Breakdown".
    • Optimized cockroach animation (Thanks Blackmail01).
    • Updated HRP 4.1.8 and sfall 4.1.9.1 (interface mapping corrected).
    • Added maps edges for HRP 4.1.8.
    • Removed unused content.
    • Armored Talking Heads Set - optimized. Distribution reduced by 150mb.
    before: = after:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  13. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    @_Pyran_
    Awesome! Thank you for creating the installer. Question, though: You said that you took out a lot of extra files. Does that include the extra sound files? (I realized after I uploaded it that I had left a bunch of music files from the CD in the mod files... and those files don't compress.)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. arroyoman

arroyoman First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2019
    Is there a way to fix the den residential area crash?

15. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    I'm sorry, but I really cannot say. I went through this area and I didn't encounter any type of crash.

16. arroyoman

Jun 11, 2019
    Game crashes when entering the slavers camp. Suspect it's because of Nirran's custom mod. Any idea how to fix this?

17. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    give me your save, please.
    Some crashes are solved by reinstalling the mod or cleaning temp files & registry (example: ccleaner portable.).

Music files - there are only new tracks left. Standard tracks are copied from Fallout 2 during installation.
    Armored talking heads set - contains the same sounds for different equipment of partners. Files are copied to other folders during installation.
    I hope I understood your question correctly.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  18. AlexanderMarabou

Aug 17, 2019
    Hey,

I've got a question about BOS Bunker. I managed to help the BOS at the Siege. I come back to the bunker. Can't speak with Burke, I can only speak with a soldier next to him. He grants me access. I open the doors to the elevator and get a message "Without the access code, this elevator isn't taking you anywhere". How can you obtain the access code?

2 more questions
    How to find BOS Facillity?
    How to find Leibovitz Monastery? I've searched all map and didn't find it. On forum I've read it supposed to be on the south on the extended map.

I'd be greatful if someone could help me.

PS. SPOILER ALERT
    1) I've found Destroyed Lab, destroyed the rocks went inside, explored, but there's much to do. I tried to fix the machine, but to no avail.

2) Found Ghost Town, but except finding a pickaxe and some rocks, a letter, there isn't much to do. I managed to pickaxe those big rocks and get Opals, but don't know what to do next.

19. arroyoman

Jun 11, 2019
    I think the monastery is still hidden. Only "the Abbey" north of gecko exists in the Megamod.
    If you really want to explore the Leibowitz monastery, you could try editing the map with F2 Save Editor

20. AdventureArt

AdventureArt First time out of the vault

Aug 30, 2019
    Is this mod compatible with the EcCo mod? I really want to play this one and also have crafting!