MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gratitude and question!

Awesome work the mod is! Thanks for that ..

But is there posible to get done the farmers quest in Klamath? Or I am stuck with .. As it seems I have UK version with out kids ,so there no one is coming to steal the crops. Do I need US version ,some fix to that or there is way to continue and later solve Arroyo crops quest ?

And by the way, I have bought in Arroyo sledgehammer ,but it has info with damage ,only I can't use it in combat ..

Thanks if someone can or want to help me ;)

Re: Gratitude and question!

xf69fs said:
The Salvadore gun stash mission. I lost my car when I went.

And I thought it was fixed but going down the well in modoc, going off the map to the right goes to a black screen with the red squares and such. Like the Arroyo temple if you dont install it right.

I was sure that I fixed those, too. I will check both of these maps again. I have had to start my game over, so I'll have an answer sometime tomorrow.

Ektufall said:
But is there posible to get done the farmers quest in Klamath? Or I am stuck with .. As it seems I have UK version with out kids ,so there no one is coming to steal the crops. Do I need US version ,some fix to that or there is way to continue and later solve Arroyo crops quest ?

And by the way, I have bought in Arroyo sledgehammer ,but it has info with damage ,only I can't use it in combat ..

You might have to add in the children's patch to get that quest to work. Don't worry, that patch only adds art, and will work fine with the Megamod. I have added the files for the children's patch to the next Megamod update.

As for that sledgehammer, I will check it out to make sure that it is functioning right. You are talking about a sledgehammer you bought from Slik, right?

Edit: Ok, I thought Slik had a sledgehammer for sale, but he doesn't. What sledgehammer are you talking about?

The Safe in redding gets an error in the dialog box when you do anything with it. I lock picked it, but it still said error.

Ryan

Hej MIB88, great mod :). It's a lot more stable then the last time I installed it, good job.

A few minor things I noticed though...

*spoilers below*

Klamath: The sealed door beneath trappertown. If I use the repair skill on the door I get the message, "If I had a hammer and a wrench etc." But I only get that message the first time I try to use the repair skill. What I'm trying to say is... the message doesn't get repeated. Is that intentional?

Modoc: The iron ore veins and the smithy/furnace thingies give as description <none>, is that an oversight, or the result of a bad installation on my pc?

MIB88 said:
You might have to add in the children's patch to get that quest to work. Don't worry, that patch only adds art, and will work fine with the Megamod. I have added the files for the children's patch to the next Megamod update.

As for that sledgehammer, I will check it out to make sure that it is functioning right. You are talking about a sledgehammer you bought from Slik, right?

Edit: Ok, I thought Slik had a sledgehammer for sale, but he doesn't. What sledgehammer are you talking about?

Thanks for the tip . For sledgehammer ,I don't know from where Slik had one ,but he was selling one and as I sad it has info on damage ,but in combat mod you have no option for it. Maybe that a tool or quest item . But weird he sell it in weapons stock !

Recently found that the same thing is for hunting rifles . Found them from random critter ecaunters and still get info of damage ,but in combat there is no option ,icon just blends in active slot ,like thing you can't use ..

xf69fs said:
The Safe in redding gets an error in the dialog box when you do anything with it. I lock picked it, but it still said error.

Either another missing/mislabeled dialog file. Those regarding additions from Modoc Revisited will all be running right in the next version.

Jacen said:
Klamath: The sealed door beneath trappertown...
But I only get that message the first time I try to use the repair skill... the message doesn't get repeated. Is that intentional?

Yes. Local variables inside the script determine that you get this message one time before setting other variables.

Jacen said:
Modoc: The iron ore veins and the smithy/furnace thingies give as description <none>, is that an oversight, or the result of a bad installation on my pc?

See response to xf69fs above.

Ektufall said:
Thanks for the tip . For sledgehammer ,I don't know from where Slik had one ,but he was selling one and as I sad it has info on damage ,but in combat mod you have no option for it. Maybe that a tool or quest item . But weird he sell it in weapons stock !

Recently found that the same thing is for hunting rifles . Found them from random critter ecaunters and still get info of damage ,but in combat there is no option ,icon just blends in active slot ,like thing you can't use ..

I forgot, Slik will get inventory throughout the game. I just tried it on a new game. Anyway, I want you to try something with the sledgehammer and those hunting rifles. I want you to click through them several times, as though you are changing the type of attack. For example, like changing from a single fire attack to burst fire attack. Do the proper weapon attacks come up then? Or are they still like unusable items?

MIB88 said:
xf69fs said:

Either another missing/mislabeled dialog file. Those regarding additions from Modoc Revisited will all be running right in the next version.

Jacen said:
Klamath: The sealed door beneath trappertown...
But I only get that message the first time I try to use the repair skill... the message doesn't get repeated. Is that intentional?

Yes. Local variables inside the script determine that you get this message one time before setting other variables.

Jacen said:

See response to xf69fs above.

Ektufall said:

I forgot, Slik will get inventory throughout the game. I just tried it on a new game. Anyway, I want you to try something with the sledgehammer and those hunting rifles. I want you to click through them several times, as though you are changing the type of attack. For example, like changing from a single fire attack to burst fire attack. Do the proper weapon attacks come up then? Or are they still like unusable items?

Ok you are doign some other work I am guessing with the Modoc revisited. The quests for the Cold Hearts seems to be repeating. And if you decline the dne/child quest, you get a notebook and a dialog appears over your head and it doesnt go away. lol

Great mod btw. Its like a damn drug :)

Ryan

xf69fs said:
Ok you are doign some other work I am guessing with the Modoc revisited. The quests for the Cold Hearts seems to be repeating. And if you decline the dne/child quest, you get a notebook and a dialog appears over your head and it doesnt go away.

Thanks. I left out two lines of code from Chris's mod. All taken care of now and will be right in the next release. You are lucky that bug was there, or it would have been game over! :lol:

MIB88 said:
xf69fs said:
Ok you are doign some other work I am guessing with the Modoc revisited. The quests for the Cold Hearts seems to be repeating. And if you decline the dne/child quest, you get a notebook and a dialog appears over your head and it doesnt go away.

Thanks. I left out two lines of code from Chris's mod. All taken care of now and will be right in the next release. You are lucky that bug was there, or it would have been game over! :lol:

Well I did accept the quest the first time. But if you get it again, the 2nd kid wont take the candy. I tried. LOL But I figured something bad would happen. Will I be able to get into that room with the lockers? It says "someone" is watching. Even after I killed everyone for kicks.

Ryan

xf69fs said:
Well I did accept the quest the first time. But if you get it again, the 2nd kid wont take the candy. I tried. LOL But I figured something bad would happen. Will I be able to get into that room with the lockers? It says "someone" is watching. Even after I killed everyone for kicks.

Yeah, when it's fixed, you won't have the chance to do it again. As for the "someone is watching" dialog, there are always situations that come up that people don't consider all the possibilities for. I will simply change the dialog that was originally given to that door to say something like "the door is locked and well beyond your ability to pick" or something like that, unless you have permission to go through.

Also, I think only one child will take the candy, as only one has the proper script.

OK sweet. Just foudn another one for you in Broken Hills. The postman guy. After tlaking to him for a bit...I think I said the wrong thing, he says error in ghey floating text. Thanks again.

ryan

xf69fs said:
The postman guy. After tlaking to him for a bit...I think I said the wrong thing, he says error in ghey floating text.

There are a few things about his dialog that need to be fixed. This one you mentioned has been corrected. However, I never did like that most of his dialogs led to dead ends.

RangerKarl said:
Silly question, but Vic mentioned something about schematics in Vault City somewhere, after he showed me how to make electronic lockpicks. Any clue as to where?...

Also, the "kill New Reno junkie" mission seems to be a dead end. The Cold Hearts guy is just so damn vague about it.

Vic is only talking about the technical manual, not a new item. However, it does have a use unlike before.

As for the junkie, Dude101 is right (he better be, he helped create the thing!). Just ask around.

Eh, shoulda said "anything APART from the V15 door". But nevermind.

Um, small bug I forgot to mention. When you have the letter quest and talk to Tandi after beating up Hoss, there's no option to talk to her about the letter. Worked after I finished that mission, though, so I guess it's minor.

RangerKarl said:
Um, small bug I forgot to mention. When you have the letter quest and talk to Tandi after beating up Hoss, there's no option to talk to her about the letter. Worked after I finished that mission, though, so I guess it's minor.

I'll add it to the list. Should be an easy fix.

?

Can there be a glitch wit Miria ? When I get to sleeping part screen blanks and never returns .. Or I probably have messed something in install ? Haven't tested it with David ..

xf69fs said:
Well I have finally gotten around to the EPA. It seems every time I turn around my skills button turns to a black square. It also likes to crash when going to the utility floor or whatever it was. This was after I got the power on. The game will crash and it continues to use up more and more memory.

The Skilldex button diappearing is the too many items bug...happens with the regular game too. There are other references in the forums about this.

Those crashes were related to moving the binoculars over the ants. This has been addressed and is corrected for the next release. Until then, just attack them, don't examine them.

I have no idea what to tell you regarding the memory thing.

MIB88, i know you are full of work but would it be good to start a new thread where you would put all the adds from the mod (from the read me), fixes made (this would be kinda difficult), know bugs, etc?

I know that isn't really necessary but some of the infos in this thread are kinda outdated and fixed already.

Oh, and if you do it, bold it in the end with "Won't help with gameplay questions" :D

Demonslayer said:
MIB88, i know you are full of work but would it be good to start a new thread where you would put all the adds from the mod (from the read me), fixes made (this would be kinda difficult), know bugs, etc?

I know that isn't really necessary but some of the infos in this thread are kinda outdated and fixed already.

Oh, and if you do it, bold it in the end with "Won't help with gameplay questions" :D

I had considered asking the moderators/admins about that. Just to start fresh. However, it wouldn't really change anything. There are still old issues that people would need to look in this thread to find out about, because I don't plan on reposting old stuff...even if it is in a new thread. And it still won't stop people from only reading the last page of a given thread before posting a question. Still, maybe with the release of the next version I'll request it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back