mod requests

Hassknecht said:
I always found it kinda weird that a strong human can wield huge weapons like a minigun, so how about a mod that prohibits you from using weapons like miniguns without power armor?
After all, the power armor was developed to allow single soldiers to wield big-ass weapons.
But then again, there aren't enough big weapons for this in the game, so it wouldn't change much.

i dont think that would be easy even if it is possible(without engine modification)

worth trying?

Nirran

If player doesn't wear power armor and is equipping minigun, unequip it. Should be possible with some "simple" mechanic in obj_dude script. But I personally would never use it, as Fallout is not about super realism. :>

/Edit: Also, if you finally found a power armor, you have access to far superior weapons than the minigun anyway.

It is unfortunate that fallout lacks any mean to prevent the use altogether of certain weapons.

Lexx said:
If player doesn't wear power armor and is equipping minigun, unequip it. Should be possible with some "simple" mechanic in obj_dude script. But I personally would never use it, as Fallout is not about super realism. :>

/Edit: Also, if you finally found a power armor, you have access to far superior weapons than the minigun anyway.
Yeah, that's what I meant. It's not really worth it considering that most big guns are realistically man-portable, anyway. It could be done in addition to a weapons mod that adds a few power armor exclusive weapons. A super heavy machine gun for example or something like that.
Yeah, realism is not exactly important to Fallout, I just found it weird that the power armor was supposed to make a person a walking tank with badass weaponry, but the weaponry just doesn't exist :D
Well, I wanted to get into modding anyway, maybe I'll look into it some time next month (don't have much time right now, university eats all my free time. Stupid laboratory.).

Hey Nirran !

Could you create a high lvl perk wich would give the same benefits as 'Slayer or Sniper' only now for throwing weapons. (thinking about knifes in particulair, but i guess stoning people to death would be brutal too)
Combined with with grenades & molotvs it would give me a perfect excuse to waist a primary skill on throwing.

Do you also know how to add spear/sharpened spear to the list of weapons wich are effected by 'slayer' perk ?

Now im just fantasizing but how much work would it take to create a place where one could fight matches (boxing mechaniks but without the ridiculous fat boxing models) ?
You would have to pay a certain amount of money to participate & if you win you will win a prize, be it money or some item.

When talking to the organiser one could choose if he/she wants to fight plain hand to hand matches or melee weapon matches.
Mayby one could choose what type of melee match - knife-spear-hammer ect ect.

Or like caravans work, on specifik dates there is a certain weapon fight for example the guy would say something like ''I managed to get the most dirty & deadly knifefighters from all the corners of the waste to come here & cross blades... If you think your up for it come back on the 13th... but remember, there aint no winner in a knife fight, only thing left is a corpse, a soon to be corpse and a bloody mess''.

Something like that, & when you would pay your money to participate he could say something like, 'whatever you want, it your funeral' or 'dont worry about losing, we already dug half a dozen graves we wont let you rot outside like those poor souls'' (mayby have like a pile of corpes somewhere on the map)

Mayby you could slip on some kind of reference to Lil jesus mordino because he is a skilled knife fighter who can actually teach you ingame & has a unique knife.

Mix matched, every next enemy you fight has a different weapon.

mayby have a match with more than 1 enemy, you vs the rest increasing your earnings.
or every man for himself.

If someone could create children wielding a blade there could be some crazy crazy matchups.

Well , you get the picture.

What do you think about it ? where would the difficulties be & what would it take ?
Also, do you think its a cool idear ?

Bye !

yep to the perk,the second would be mod specific or vanilla,what is your settup?

been crazy with c++ lately but i will,no promisses on when

Nirran

ive never modded fo1,dont plan too,not mention it is probably difficult,tho maybe could be done with scripting

Nirran

Hey Nirran !
Thanks for taking interest man.

Im always playing with the most up to date version of the RP.
Great to hear you take interest in the 'Throwing weapon perk'.

(Why do you think the spear was not added to the slayer list of affected weapons ? did they just forget to add it or is it some bug ? )

Anyway, I gotta go to work, talk to you soon !

Bye !

Riel88 said:
Why do you think the spear was not added to the slayer list of affected weapons ? did they just forget to add it or is it some bug?

the vanilla slayer perk only affects HtH(unarmed),with my custom perks mod hth and melee is affected

i will add the perk soon,the other will be a while

edit : any idea's for the perk name and description?

cheers

Nirran

Nirran,

Maybe you can help,

a tweak that would prevent NPCs in your party from running more than X tiles away from you. Perfect if you could set this ingame (for instance set it to a small number in tight places where you are holding bottlenecks and you don't want Cassidy to run out of the room to get instantly killed in the next turn). Or anything that actually can prevent them from being useless in navarro/enclave. This game isn't about armor or weaponry, it's pretty much about positioning and exploiting dumb AI. NPCs are among the dumbest of AIs, so they should be tweaked somehow to work in your favor.

I know there is a "manual control" implemented in sfall, but it's pretty buggy (NPCs get your perks - not very funny if you got sniper - and they also get a skill boost from your tagged skills...) and shouldn't be used, really...

Hey Oracle, 'bullseye' sounds good to me !
Its short, catchy & describes what you want to do perfectly... hitting something/one with pinpoint accuracy right in the sweet spot be it with a, throwing knife, sharpened spear, high pulse grenade, moltov or with style using using a golden nugget.

Fallout has it all !

(Btw* Nirran is your custom perk mod & weapondrop mod compatible with the new RP ?
I would love to play around with those mods.)

Bye !

yes all my sfall mods are as far as i know,be sure to pay attention when installing,if it wants to over-write a script,it isnt compatible

Nirran

I was setting at my computer playing a bit of fallout 2, and I had just revived dobbs, when a thought occurred to me. "What if I used the jell stuff from the EPA on PVT dobbs." So I started working on it, and hit a brick wall, when I remembered that I haven't ever modded anything before in my life, so could you possibly get the framework for making PVt dobbs a companion? I can write some dialog for him, but I have absolutely no clue how to actually go about making him into a companion.

John B. said:
I was setting at my computer playing a bit of fallout 2, and I had just revived dobbs, when a thought occurred to me. "What if I used the jell stuff from the EPA on PVT dobbs." So I started working on it, and hit a brick wall, when I remembered that I haven't ever modded anything before in my life, so could you possibly get the framework for making PVt dobbs a companion? I can write some dialog for him, but I have absolutely no clue how to actually go about making him into a companion.

Dude, seconded. Particularly if it's compatible with RP.

I could perhaps help write dialogue, given the general framework.

humm.. I thought Dobbs was stored in the biomed gel? He talks about dying and having his body used as a scientific specimen to test the gel. I think it's the prolonged storage at cryo conditions in the gel that causes him to.. get the runs.

Riel88 said:
Hey Nirran !
Thanks for taking interest man.

Im always playing with the most up to date version of the RP.
Great to hear you take interest in the 'Throwing weapon perk'.

(Why do you think the spear was not added to the slayer list of affected weapons ? did they just forget to add it or is it some bug ? )

Anyway, I gotta go to work, talk to you soon !

Bye !

want it to behave as sniper(chance instead of auto)?or as slayer?(auto)

the perk is written,one line of code and the description is all need that needs to be altered,dependant on slayer behavior or sniper,if you want to test it,send me an email and i will send the mod(custom perks)

John B. said:

i will look into this,id be glad to make the mod(will only be for frp)

if you take want to write dialog be my guest,tho please write notes,dobbs says player options ect,posting here is fine

dont forget the party options

Nirran

Back