mod requests

Sir, if you:

1) Add a projectile to the pulse rifle (pulse pistol has one)

2) Replace Vic's "fat black" model with either the "long hair dude" or "black dude" models... i'll be damned.

3) Make what the "Miria mods" tried but never completed

I'll be damned... and VERY happy.

also, congrats on both your awesome modding jobs and the statement in your sign (i agree 100%, if good people acted more, evil people woldn't get so much power)

Actually the first one is very easy. Download F2 weapon editor and set the projectile from "none" to "electricity bolt". Works well with Killap's RP.

I also used it to change Bozar's horrible and unfitting sounds in RP back to original. Spinning barrels don't make much sense with bozar, but a silent single "blam" makes even less sense.

Makenshi said:
Sir, if you:
3) Make what the "Miria mods" tried but never completed

Agreed on that. The idea of having an ingame wife was great. Especially, I always wanted to see her level up, like all the other followers do...
yeah, of course it had to be balanced so that she'll still be the worst companion ever (wife man, WIFE 8-) ), but giving her about 100 sg and 60-70 hit points at the top level would allow keeping her in the team possible without several hunderd thousands loadings...

Riel88 said:
Hey Nirran !

Could you create a high lvl perk wich would give the same benefits as 'Slayer or Sniper' only now for throwing weapons. (thinking about knifes in particulair, but i guess stoning people to death would be brutal too)
Combined with with grenades & molotvs it would give me a perfect excuse to waist a primary skill on throwing.

Do you also know how to add spear/sharpened spear to the list of weapons wich are effected by 'slayer' perk ?

done bullseye is now a thrown weapon "slayer" perk,behaves as slayer,all hits are crits,let me know if you want it to be as sniper

the second i did in my custom perks mod a while back,be sure to check the ini files that come with the mod,set them to your preference

Nirran

Hey Nirran !
Sounds great man, when im done working I will give it a go... should be a blast !!

Thanks man for your work !
(I will try it with both styles, see wich one feels the best)

Bye !

Hello dear sir. If you have the time I'd like you to help me with 2/3 tiny mods. I already mentioned them in one of my threads:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54891&start=80

I'm holding back a bit since no one agreed to help me yet. I can't script and I don't even know where to start. If you do I need 2 things done:

1) The Gym Mod

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55866&start=20

"You see here's the thing. I want characters of STR 4+ (4 is the minimum) to be able to work out 1 to 4 times (exact strength bonus of the Adv. Power Armor). So if you have 6 Strength at start of the training you'll have 10 after 4 workouts. Each workout would cost 2000 cash and 4 months to increase STR by 1 point (I never said you'd have to click anything multiple times). The mod should also prevent the player from getting more then 10 strength. "

This will keep people who want to use armors other then Power Armors happy since they will be able get that +4 Strength Either way.

2) Replacing Fast Shot with Gifted

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55604&start=0

"So anyway I wanna remove Fast Shot and replace it with Night Person. Is it possible? If so then how? Can anyone do it?"

This would prevent people from getting all over powered since I already reduced the AP's needed to fire weapons.

And lastly adding the AP Shotgun ammo to merchants in NCR and San Francisco.

When that's done... heck I could even get everything completed in 3-5 days.

------

I'm still working on the ammo, but i can get it done in moments. If you can help me please contact me in some way. I'll be very grateful.

Ravager said:
Hello dear sir. If you have the time I'd like you to help me with 2/3 tiny mods. I already mentioned them in one of my threads:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54891&start=80

I'm holding back a bit since no one agreed to help me yet. I can't script and I don't even know where to start. If you do I need 2 things done:

1) The Gym Mod

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55866&start=20

"You see here's the thing. I want characters of STR 4+ (4 is the minimum) to be able to work out 1 to 4 times (exact strength bonus of the Adv. Power Armor). So if you have 6 Strength at start of the training you'll have 10 after 4 workouts. Each workout would cost 2000 cash and 4 months to increase STR by 1 point (I never said you'd have to click anything multiple times). The mod should also prevent the player from getting more then 10 strength. "

This will keep people who want to use armors other then Power Armors happy since they will be able get that +4 Strength Either way.

2) Replacing Fast Shot with Gifted

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55604&start=0

"So anyway I wanna remove Fast Shot and replace it with Night Person. Is it possible? If so then how? Can anyone do it?"

This would prevent people from getting all over powered since I already reduced the AP's needed to fire weapons.

And lastly adding the AP Shotgun ammo to merchants in NCR and San Francisco.

When that's done... heck I could even get everything completed in 3-5 days.

------

I'm still working on the ammo, but i can get it done in moments. If you can help me please contact me in some way. I'll be very grateful.

what exactly is needed for the +str?in the script,the second one i cant do anything about,but i can disable fast shot,3rd one is easy

Nirran

@Nirran:
Why disable anything? I know you can add additional perks, just like you did for that bounty hunter one you created for the MM with sfall.

yep,but he wants to limit the perk or the trait,preventing the 2 ap reduction

Nirran

You responded too fast! I tried to delete it as soon as I realized that he was referring to traits and not perks.

Sorry for the delay I just finished making the AP shotgun ammo.

For the + STR the player would need to go to the New Reno gym and talk to Stewart Little about boxing and training. If the player has 4+ Strength he lets him fight in the ring and train. If he has lower then 4 STR he just tells hi to get lost (you can pick the lines if you wish or I could make them).

For 1 workout you need 4 months of time and 2000 cash, but you can train only 4 times. If the player has more then 10 strength he can not work out.

Replacing or removing Fast Shot is ok with me. Although I'll sure miss Night Person.

Oh and here's the AP shotgun round.

apshell.jpg

Frag 12 AP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTPz59y5538&NR=1

Hope you like it if not I could always work on it a bit more.

DForge said:
Nirran,

Maybe you can help,

a tweak that would prevent NPCs in your party from running more than X tiles away from you. Perfect if you could set this ingame (for instance set it to a small number in tight places where you are holding bottlenecks and you don't want Cassidy to run out of the room to get instantly killed in the next turn). Or anything that actually can prevent them from being useless in navarro/enclave. This game isn't about armor or weaponry, it's pretty much about positioning and exploiting dumb AI. NPCs are among the dumbest of AIs, so they should be tweaked somehow to work in your favor.

I know there is a "manual control" implemented in sfall, but it's pretty buggy (NPCs get your perks - not very funny if you got sniper - and they also get a skill boost from your tagged skills...) and shouldn't be used, really...

not sure if that is possible,the engine controls the ai,would have to be sfall probably tho code could be put in the critter_p_proc of all party members with script_overrides;

maybe try

Nirran

Nirran said:
im will write the scripts,not today tho,for vanilla?frp?

Nirran

Thank you, take your time, I'm still trying to adjust the armors a little more.

If it's possible I'd really love to see a rather universal version. For the RP 1.2, 2.0+ and vanilla, but it's up to you really. As long as RP 1.2 or vanilla will be working ok with the changes I'll be really happy.

Right! As coursework permits, I will work on the dialogue. Have a few ideas floating around, shouldn't take too long, theoretically.

Recon Rover Rick said:
John B. said:
I was setting at my computer playing a bit of fallout 2, and I had just revived dobbs, when a thought occurred to me. "What if I used the jell stuff from the EPA on PVT dobbs." So I started working on it, and hit a brick wall, when I remembered that I haven't ever modded anything before in my life, so could you possibly get the framework for making PVt dobbs a companion? I can write some dialog for him, but I have absolutely no clue how to actually go about making him into a companion.

Dude, seconded. Particularly if it's compatible with RP.

I could perhaps help write dialogue, given the general framework.

i will work on this soonish,wont be hard be aware tho it will invalidate saved games(all editing of party.txt does)

how many levels for him?

what would be his main skill?what weapons?armor graphic's?(would be player graphics,and that would allow him to use any weapon,but i think he should be able to use any military weapon,and 0 energy weapons he is after all a 19th century military personal)or just copy level info from other npc?should he use a skill in place of the player the way vic does?

Nirran

I would assume that he'd have a high base small guns skill, what with being military and all... However, he's not 19th century military (unless I'm mistaken, where does it say he is?), so he should probably also have a fair level in energy weapons. I suppose he would also have some level of throwing skill, what with grenades and all being military weaponry... But that's rather pointless on the whole.

I can't think of any skills he would use, other than being a good shot. Hm. Maybe gambling, for those with a penchant for it. Have to win all those hands with your squad mates somehow, right?

As to levels... The full 6, I suppose? Though he's going to be a bit late game, so maybe 5. I dunno, let's ask John B.

Recon Rover Rick said:
I would assume that he'd have a high base small guns skill, what with being military and all... However, he's not 19th century military (unless I'm mistaken, where does it say he is?), so he should probably also have a fair level in energy weapons. I suppose he would also have some level of throwing skill, what with grenades and all being military weaponry... But that's rather pointless on the whole.

I can't think of any skills he would use, other than being a good shot. Hm. Maybe gambling, for those with a penchant for it. Have to win all those hands with your squad mates somehow, right?

As to levels... The full 6, I suppose? Though he's going to be a bit late game, so maybe 5. I dunno, let's ask John B.

it doesnt actualy say 19th century,i assumed because he was frozen in cryo(or whatever),ok then basic fighter type,with small guns as main

Nirran

I think that having him start at level four would be a good idea, because some people (like me) can get there fairly early in the game. as for combat skills I would go Small guns throw, and repair, it would make for a well rounded military type, you could throw in gambling, but that would just tempt me to make him into a gambling addict in dialog.

Back