mod requests

You know, speaking of, where exactly is his original dialogue file? Working on getting a start at it, but can't seem to find it.

wcdobbs.msg in text\english\dialog\,the script is only mentioned in the terminal script,I'm Not good at dialog anyway,if you want,you can write some stats for the levels?i can but I generaly over-power things(as my mods are heh),anyway I will make the mod when you finnish the dialog

cheers

Nirran

Hope Pvt. Dobbs is made as badass in combat as Cassidy! \o/

@Nirran: what's your position about my fairly simple suggestions? Mainly the Pulse Rifle projectile, it's seriously needed in Fallout...

Makenshi said:
Sir, if you:

1) Add a projectile to the pulse rifle (pulse pistol has one)

2) Replace Vic's "fat black" model with either the "long hair dude" or "black dude" models... i'll be damned.

3) Make what the "Miria mods" tried but never completed

I'll be damned... and VERY happy.

also, congrats on both your awesome modding jobs and the statement in your sign (i agree 100%, if good people acted more, evil people woldn't get so much power)

i will do all three of those,lots of shit going on right now,def will do them tho,maybe throw in davin mod,prolly use the maria for real mod scripts(start with frp)

Nirran

* gasp *

all three? love you man! you ever come to brazil, you got house, women and beers already!

@agris: beer for you too, thanks

i assume you are playing with frp installed?i plan to make it frp compatable

Nirran

that for sure, fallout without killap's rp thingo ain't fallout anymore :D

Edit: an idea just popped in right now; this gap has a big gap (imo) between the shotgun (2 shots only, single fire) and the combat-action shotgun (7 shots, burst-fire).

Maybe you'd add a pump-action shotgun (7 shots, single fire) to fill the gap - fallout tactics has one, the inventory model that could be used.

It's kinda insulting that fallout doesn't have such a classic weapon...

should the vic replacement have armor graphics too?all i have to do is rename files then replace his critter in den map,not hard but need to know if you want armor graphic with it,this is eazy

Nirran

All armors for sure, if possible; don't feel pressed, thought. Do only what you will, at your pace.

Maybe like those in NPC mod or whatever. If Vic becomes like a black version of the player character, it's already awesome.

There is a black dude model for metal armor but none for leather and combat afaik. Also, PAs on NPCs look awesome if they are customized (helmetless and with some kind of customalization put on PA), but that's a load of work.

If I knew how to do this, I'd start working on Vic's helmetless PA for RP. :(

Maybe you can give me some hints, Nirran... I guess that editing frames, despite how numerous they are, is easy when all you have to do is copypaste the head...

yea im gonna have to use the long hair dude models to replace vic,what one for base tho?tribal?

edit :
DForge said:
Maybe you can give me some hints, Nirran... I guess that editing frames, despite how numerous they are, is easy when all you have to do is copypaste the head...

i can do art but im not the greatest,get with Pixole,he even wrote a tutorial

edit : prv dobbs is all done cept for the script,just waiting on dialog

Nirran

@nirran, i took a look at the wikia and found these:

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Long_Hair_Dude

HMHIPTAB-2.gif

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Dude

Nmvalbab.gif

The black dude only has the Vault suit, while the long hair has all armor - I don't know if it's complete, thought.

If it was up to me, I'd go with black dude to replace Vic, even thought it would be a lot more work... but if he isn't possible, then go for long hair dude. I'll miss having one black companion, but it kinda makes sense as Val (Vic's red headed [iirc] daughter) has nothing black on her...

yea im not a great critter builder,i could i guess but would be forever before it was finnished

should i make the tribal long hair the base graphic?

the miria mod has bugs in the script,im going to have to probably re-write some of it,my announcement was premature,tho i will definelty finnish it

Nirran

Nirran said:
should i make the tribal long hair the base graphic?

sure, that's likely the best option :ok:

Nirran said:
the miria mod has bugs in the script,im going to have to probably re-write some of it,my announcement was premature,tho i will definelty finnish it

no rush, go smoothly :wink:

Makenshi said:
Edit: an idea just popped in right now; this gap has a big gap (imo) between the shotgun (2 shots only, single fire) and the combat-action shotgun (7 shots, burst-fire).

Maybe you'd add a pump-action shotgun (7 shots, single fire) to fill the gap - fallout tactics has one, the inventory model that could be used.

This reminded me of the double shot request of the past. As far I remember it was possible to make a double shot burst mode for the shotgun, however it would play the burst anymation aswell...

Anyway is there a way to work around it at this time?

as an example make an aditional single shot which takes the 2 shells (and a extra action point) for 2x the maximum damage (and leave the minimum the same for balance issues)

Is this possible or maybe an other way to get the double shot in?

Nirran said:
edit : prv dobbs is all done cept for the script,just waiting on dialog

Waiting on John B's response to what I have before I continue. Hope to have the dialogue be consistent with what he has.

long hair vic is uploaded,i added armor graphic code,was forced to use the leather jacket as the base,tribal doesnt have the weapon animations

edit : miria download is ready,please post any bugs

Nirran

just throw everything on data folder and be happy, or is there any order, install procedure, etc?

does miria have diferent armor like sulik/vic/cassidy? or does she look always the same?

and last, something i forgot to ask you: is all this compatible with this little treasure bellow?

Unlimited Party Members Mod for Fallout 2
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56182

I suppose it is, since you helped him make it, but it's better to ask just to be sure

Back