mod requests

Okay, John B. apparently has disappeared or something, he's yet to reply to me at any rate. So, here's what I have so far. Not much, but it's a start.

Code:
(Insert original Pvt. Dobbs text here)

(Pvt. Dobbs runs to the elevator, and out to the exterior of the SAD.  May be found somewhere roughly in the middle of the parking lot.)

(Float message:  You maniacs!  You blew it up!  Ah damn you!  God damn you all to hell!)

*On talking to Pvt. Dobbs*

Dobbs:  It's all gone, isn't it?

Chosen one:  [More]

Dobbs:  Is it all like this?  This...  Wasteland?

1 of 2:  Mostly.  There are still a few pockets of civilization here and there, but mostly this is what it looks like anymore.

Dobbs:  How long was I out?  What year is it?

1a of c:  2241.

Dobbs:  "2241..."  He trails of listlessly and looks into the distance.  "My unit's all dead...  From old age or from battle...  America's been all but destroyed...  My family...!"  He starts to cry a little.

1aA of ?:  Man up, soldier!  The world may have gone to shit, but you're still alive!  That counts for something, doesn't it?"

Dobbs:  "You...  You're right.  But where will I go?  What will I do?  Everything's different now...  Unless..."  Private Dobbs appears to be pondering something.

Chosen One:  Unless?

Good Karma (-50 < Karma) Dobbs:  Could you use a companion?  I don't have anywhere else to go, and you seem like a good sort.

Below Party Limit:  Sure, I could use an extra hand here and there.

Dobbs:  Great!  Count me in.

[To party management section]

At Party Limit:  Sorry, but I think I have enough companions right now.  Maybe later?

Dobbs:  Oh.  Alright.  I guess I'll just wait here for now then...  If you change your mind I'll be here.

1aB of ?:  Haha, what's the matter, gonna cry soldier boy?

Dobbs:  He stops crying and glares at you instead.  "I've lost everything.  So you know what?  Fuck you!"  He pulls out his gun.  *Initiate combat with hostile Dobbs*

Small bug I noticed with Skill books for RP.... the Amenities vendor in VC still sells the old science, repair and first aid books and not the new kind.

loved every line there, except this:

At Party Limit: Sorry, but I think I have enough companions right now. Maybe later?

Maybe something more military oriented, like :

At Party Limit: Sorry, but I think you have enough arms right now; come back when your squad needs another soldier.

Michi said:
Small bug I noticed with Skill books for RP.... the Amenities vendor in VC still sells the old science, repair and first aid books and not the new kind.

i will look at that right now

edit : missed that script,have it done tonight prolly

edit : fixed and uploaded

edit : makenshi did the dll files get rid of the error?

Nirran

Makenshi said:
At Party Limit: Sorry, but I think I have enough companions right now. Maybe later?

Maybe something more military oriented, like :

At Party Limit: Sorry, but I think you have enough arms right now; come back when your squad needs another soldier.
That makes it sound like Dobbs is talking, though. Isn't the line coming from Chosen One? In which case, how about this revision:

At Party Limit: Sorry, but we have enough firepower for now; I'll come back when my squad needs another soldier.

?

-m

I always thought it would be awesome to keep him alive somehow but having him join is more awesome.
Recon Rover Rick you made up quite a good dialog

Thanks. :oops:

@Makenshi, memetics:

Maybe something like this?

Chosen one: You look over at your companions meaningfully before turning back to Pvt. Dobbs. "...Maybe later?"

EDIT: Did John B. fall off the map or something? He said he had combat dialogue at least in the works, wanted to make sure everything was compatible with his (what with him having the idea in the first place and all) but he's not replied or anything... Beginning to wonder if I may have to write the rest of it without his input...

eh sorry had a bit of a problem with my pc, and for some reason was having trouble responding to pm's, I'll get the combat text. it's not entirely compatible with what I already have done but I can work with it it'll just take a fair amount of time to get things to fit with how you're showing him.

Recon Rover Rick said:
Maybe something like this?

Chosen one: You look over at your companions meaningfully before turning back to Pvt. Dobbs. "...Maybe later?"
That looks even better than my attempt. Still, it seems to need something that hints at the party being at capacity already. At first, I thought of this:

Chosen One: Glance around at your companions, then back to Pvt. Dobbs. "Looks like we've stretched our supplies to the limit. Maybe later?"

Then a second thought: since party size is a charisma-determined limit (normally at base, anyway), it seems like maybe Dobbs should be declining the offer if the party's too big, rather than Chosen One making that determination. In which case, perhaps delete the "Unless"es from the draft dialog and try something like this:

Code:
Dobbs: You...  You're right.  But where will I go?  What will I do?  Everything's different now...

Chosen One (1 of 2): "Chin up, soldier!  People still survive out here; life goes on.  [town] is just over there.  I'm sure you'll get by."

Chosen One (2 of 2): "How about joining up with us?  See the world, such as it is: get back into the action.  What do you say, Dobbs?"

[Bad Karma] Dobbs: "Doesn't look like I have much choice, do I?"  [or else have him decline the offer b/c of bad karma]

[Good Karma] Dobbs [straightens up]: "I ... I suppose I'd be better off tagging along with your squad than trying to survive on my own.  Count me in."

At Party Limit: Dobbs: "Looks like you've got a tight squad already; I'd probably just be a liability for now. ... Give me some time to wrap my head around all this, and maybe I'll join you later."

-m

Hmm, I dunno. When you try to get one of the robo-dogs at party limit (or was it dogmeat? I don't remember) you have one option that goes something like, "I'm a loner and don't want this contraption with me." So I don't think it's necessary to have the message be on Dobbs' end.

Good point though on the party limit being reached not being obvious... Hm. How about a slight modification, like this:

Chosen one: You look over at your already really kinda too large group of companions meaningfully before turning back to Pvt. Dobbs. "...Maybe later?"

bored again, taking requests for mods(i actualy think im better suited for small modifications then a full blown mod,too much to do in a large mod and i lose interest)

anything new with the text for that mod recon?

Nirran

How about this one Nirran...

This is an idea I was proposing at Mutants Rising, but the guys are very busy ATM, and you might be the one to make it possible...

Code:
I propose that we make a dramatic change to the way weapons are used in the game. They can still fire and use AP, and all that stuff...but I think the PC should be greatly restricted to how many weapons they can hold (the maximum that can be carried). It's not just realistic, but strategic. As well the script that causes guns to critically fail should be applied to every mechanical weapon - (exclude unarmed and melee weapons). These guns should be pron to more failures, and that will make 'working weapons' far more valuable and desirable. The maximum weapons that can be carried by a player should be something like - (feel free to improve the combinations). 

2 Pistols and 1 Rifle...or
2 Rifles and 1 *Pistol...or
1 Big-gun and 1 Pistol...or
1 Mini-gun and 1 Pistol...or
1 Rocket-Launcher and 1 Pistol...or
1 Melee, 1 Pistols and 1 Rifle...or
2 Unarmed, 1 Melee, and 1 Pistols...

*You can exchange the Pistol for a Unarmed weapon - i.e. Spiked Knuckles. 

So if someone finds a spare weapon in the wastelands, then bad luck you cant carry it unless you drop a current weapon.

Is it possible to give the weapons an identity letter - for instance, pistols A, rifles B, etc...then fix a script that wont allow you to have more than a certain number of A's or B's, and the various combinations. When you hit the limit, then a floating text will tell you your maxed out on weapons, etc. At least we should try to build something that will limit a player carrying 300Ibs of metal through the baking deserts - as well as the fact that its practically impossible to carry a large volume of weapons.

Can it be done?. Thanks Pixote. :wink:

I already posted this a while ago at the "Suggestions thread".... and got absolutly no feedback...but one more time hope i doesn´t matter.... :)

I couldn´t sleep well this night because i had this idea turning around my head.
So i switch to my computer to write down this scripts.

So here it is...

If the player had convinced Sgt. Granite and his troop to help beating up Horrigan. there could be the following dialogue to replace the awful and senseless floating text.

A window would be much better

He comes up to the player the window opens and he says: " I think we should be leaving now".

The chosen one has the option to say. "This is probably a good idea".

For further improvement he has also the possibility to say; "See you at the cafe of broken dreams".

Then all survivors together are leaving the oil rig.

Just my two cents. Laughing

Nirran said:
bored again, taking requests for mods(i actualy think im better suited for small modifications then a full blown mod,too much to do in a large mod and i lose interest)

anything new with the text for that mod recon?

Nirran

Still waiting on John B. He said he would be working on that part; maybe he's having the same issues I am with coursework though, I dunno.

...Unless you're talking about the one I messaged you about, in which case it's in your inbox.

Hey there, another request!

Basicly, I am trying to make another caravan routes, right now the script is about the slavers but i need it for something else.
If you could look at what i have done so far...

The script SLVNR1 and SLVNR2 are based on the scripts of Savinelli and Velani, the caravan is supposed to travel from the Den to Reno.
BHRNDDST.SSL is what organise the random encounters on the world map for all the caravans. I only made change on the begining of the script. I haven't transformed the bhramin into slaves btw, I can take suggestion for that too.

The scripts compile without error, but i cant make them work in the game...
http://rapidshare.com/files/432910492/slaver.7z

@Pixote: no looting in Fallout? That's heresy! H E R E S Y !

HeresyStamp.png

But since it would likely be a modular mod, go ahead, suffer in the wastes... :mrgreen:

@Nirran: here's a good one for you, since you're bored!

Tie up skills to items, liek in Fallout Tactics, so that to use Doctor, player need a doctor's bag for example. Make each item last around 10 uses before being completey consumed.

First Aid = FA Kit and Field Medic FA Kit (bonus healed points)

Doctor = Doctor's Bag and Trauma Pack (bonus healed points)

Repair = Tools and Snap Tools (bonus repaired points on robots, bons chance of success on generators, force fields, etc)

Lockpick = Lockpicks & E. Lockpicks; Expanded LPs and E. LPs Mark II (bons chance of success)

etc etc etc

Makenshi said:
@Pixote: no looting in Fallout? That's heresy! H E R E S Y !

Sure you can loot, but you can loot what you can carry, and when it comes to weapons, thats fuck all...mind you, I insist the PC can only carry the armor on their back, and no extra... :mrgreen:... Where's Mr Nirran when you need him...

Back