Mods Compatability

Because I like the customization capabilities of Fallout Fixt, the options we are allowed when installing (like re-enabling the critical timers, etc.), but I also like the Fallout 2 game engine for combat controls of NPCs.

You can similarly customize Et Tu with every available option.

Invasions, restored content, new stuff like motorcycle, FO2 weapons and critters can all be turned on or off.

Sounds like Fallout 2 in 1 does what Fallout Fixt does as well. Thank you. Yes, the whole "optional customization choices" was my original question. That's why I liked Fixt.

I am new to modding my Fallout games, can anyone tell me which total conversion mods are both FINISHED and in English? I need more Fallout content to play that is completed. :D

I have seen a few mods featured on YouTube that look good, but unfortunately I don't speak/read Russian.

Last edited:
No problem!

total conversion mods are both FINISHED and in English

You can install them all on the same copy of Fallout 2, each mod will create a separate directory without any issues (personally I have all of these + Et Tu + Restoratkon Project installed without any issues)
Links in names:

Resurrection- takes place in New Mexico between Fallout 1 and 2, a bit longer than Fallout 1, some of the hardest fights I had in Fallouts

Nevada- takes place in Nevada 20 years before Fallout 1, very lengthy, mostly easy combat

Olympus- universe separate from Fallout (though very similar), medium length, early game is hard

Last Hope- latest version from this year, haven't played it yet

Sonora- from the authors of Nevada, takes place around the Sonora Desert before the events of Fallout 2. Shorter than Nevada, easy combat
I have not used this translation, it is 50% automatic translator and has bugged text (played with full Polish translation instead).
It's being fixed and there're a few other translation efforts, so you might want to wait.

Apparently I am having issues with Nevada and Sonora, when I click the links I get various ad pages like Opera and Nord VPN... Are you SURE the links are working properly? I've noted that one particular russian site is being blocked or something... The Nevada one I believe.

**EDIT** I managed to get the files... Windows doesnt like them I guess, you have to click Keep this file and Trust the author or something... Who knows what the issues they have are.

Last edited:
One more question concerning mods compatibility:

Does the "Talking heads" mod work with the "Fallout 2 Restoration Project" ?
I have Restoration Project installed, but I cant seem to get the Talking Heads mod to work. Are they mutually exclusive to one another?

One more question concerning mods compatibility:

Does the "Talking heads" mod work with the "Fallout 2 Restoration Project" ?
I have Restoration Project installed, but I cant seem to get the Talking Heads mod to work. Are they mutually exclusive to one another?
they should be. did you the updated version of the RP (RPU)?

OK, I am trying to install Olympus 2207. I got the english version.
Fallout 2 - Olympus 2207_v1.2_eng.zip

I have a clean install of Fallout 2.
The mod installer recommends NOT using program files... Steam installs there. I do not know how to change the destination folder on Steam.
After I install the Olympus mod, the cinematic works and character creation works, but when I click done on the character creation screen I get this and things lock up.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 41
Getting frustrated and discouraged. I see many of these mods shown on YouTube, yet I cant get any of them to work properly.

I have now downloaded
upu_v29.exe

Now which file(s) do I need to download to add the talking heads mod?

Ok, I have downloaded the following:

upu_v29.exe
RPU - Talking Heads Addon-45-3-7-1716325907.zip
THAT Main File - Voices for Talking Heads-67-0-4-0-1689485927.zip

I have installed them on a clean install of Fallout 2 on Steam.
I have followed the Read me.txt instructions.

Klint does NOT have a talking head OR talk like he is supposed to in this video.
Fallout 2 - Talking Heads Mod (Download Guide) - YouTube

In the video it says its Killaps version 26, not 29. Does it make a difference?

**EDIT** Apparently so, rpu_v26.exe WILL work with the Talking Heads mods.

Last edited:
OK, I am trying to install Olympus 2207. I got the english version.
Fallout 2 - Olympus 2207_v1.2_eng.zip

I have a clean install of Fallout 2.
The mod installer recommends NOT using program files... Steam installs there. I do not know how to change the destination folder on Steam.
After I install the Olympus mod, the cinematic works and character creation works, but when I click done on the character creation screen I get this and things lock up.

Solution found:

Create a NEW FOLDER - Name it "Olympus", copy the original Fallout2.exe into the folder, install the Olympus mod into this folder.

Good ya managed. But for people reading these solutions, it should be said rpu v29 and talking head mod are compatible.

Good ya managed. But for people reading these solutions, it should be said rpu v29 and talking head mod are compatible.
I tried the ones listed. They were NOT compatible with each other.

The talking head mods were from Nexus. The RPU v29 was from the main site. Apparently they conflict with each other (Klint does not have a talking head or voiced lines at the beginning of the game with rpu v29) Although he DOES with v26. If you dont believe me, check it for yourself.

Back