Moon Base

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Now if we're speaking about Helium-3, the Enclave may still receive packets with this stuff from Moon.
But who's getting shit done up there, without getting aged, insane or irradiated for all the time?
Let's throw in this cultural reference, some spoilers ahead:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_(film)

But then, since you arrived and in opinion of the sole inhabitant, you're his successor, what do you do? Will you tell him about his role? About what happened to Earth? About the fate of his wife he's expecting to meet?
Of course, you can lie to him that you will assist him for a few weeks till he's ready to depart, use the time to befriend or convince him to do something about your situation, or consult his fellow AI for a possible solution.
That is, until the space radiation takes its toll and the guy, let's call him Robin, gets suspicious and blow up the base in his despair after getting the situation. He can do it anytime.

Despite having only two NPCs, the quest/mod will have an deep, psychological extensive story and dialogue. That's it, unless you want to shoot moon monkeys.

BUMP

This thread hasn't been touched in years so I've got to ask: has this been done yet? I'm part of a space community working to get a simulator system up and running for how a lunar base would be set up and using a game engine is an obvious choice for that. Now theres data from the LRO (lunar recon orbiter) on the elevation, rocks, and etc on the moon. HIGHLY detailed maps . the main interest is the northern polar regions. My question is, can these maps be retrofitted to fallout 3 to make a world map for it? it wouldn't be very big either. about 3-4 times the size of the fallout 3 non modded map. then we can place buildings on it, create more appropriate equipment, etc. If there is, or if any one has ever thought of this and wanted to make it but didn't have incentive to do so, please tell me asap. the LRO's data can be found here: http://geo.pds.nasa.gov/missions/lro/lola_faq.htm This is really important to myself and several of my mates. thanks and just to be clear, they are topographical maps. not still images and crap. detailed elevation maps

The places to look for mods are the Fallout 3 Nexus and the Fallout New Vegas Nexus. The only moon mods I could find involve changing the appearance of the moon in the sky. Sorry, no moon bases yet. I'm no expert on game engines, but I don't believe this engine can handle a world map the size of what you are suggesting. The new engine used by Skyrim might be better.

Damn, I made this thread a while ago. It was just a lame idea I came up with. I was mainly curious if it was possible.

Back