Most bitchen' cell phone ever?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Maphusio, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    I'm quite possibly one of the only young Americans that does not have a cell phone and refuses to get one. I illicit some taunting remarks from my fellow work collages as I'm on the cutting edge of the information technology industry yet, I have no cell. I'm looking for something that is so amazing, that I MUST have it... I'll be honest, the iPhone came very close but, no cigar.

I crave something as outlandish as the phones in Gene Roddenberry's "Earth Final Conflict"

Alas, here is the Nokia 888 (concept)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G32JmZkRddc[/youtube]

If it winds up having some of the same applications that one can use an iPhone for... done deal, sing me up... On second thought, sign me up anyway. :wink:

http://www.nokia888.com/

Anyone else seen a phone this cool?

2. Eyenixon

Eyenixon Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 11, 2008
    The design looks like those thin calculators from 1991.

3. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    not going to happen anytime soon...

nice concept, but i'd pass tbfh.

4. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    Wanna hear something funny/sad/weird ?

I'm 23 years old and I've never had a cell phone nor do I plan to buy one...ever. It's not even that I live by weird principles and values or something like that. It's just that I don't have the need for one. And yes I have still a few friends left and I'm not even a virgin.

5. KQX

KQX Vault Senior Citizen

May 3, 2003
    You know how you hear people saying "how about a phone that just works as a phone, that's all I need, forget these stupid bells and whistles, blah blah..." Well I'm the opposite. I look at cell phones as toys and I like the fact that they're becoming more like that.

This Nokia concept looks interesting but I don't know if I'm a fan of the whole paper strip look. The around your wrist idea is pretty cool. I'd like to see more Pip-boy type concepts.

Here's a different approach though that caught my attention:

http://www.thedesignblog.org/entry/conduit-mobile-phone-is-a-creative-approach-to-mobility/

6. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Thanks for rubbing it in. :x

7. rcorporon

rcorporon So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 31, 2008
    I've never had a cell phone either, and I'm almost 30... I hate talking on the phone to begin with, and leaving the house is an escape for me.

Neat idea though.

8. UncannyGarlic

UncannyGarlic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 6, 2008
    Not interested. I'm still waiting for a computer gauntlet, once they make a good one of those I'll be happy.

9. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004

Holly... you just... That's like the Earth Final conflict phone!