Mount & Blade: Warband

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Brother None, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Anyone else tried out the beta of multiplayer Mount & Blade yet.

It's...different. Not just in combat tweaks, but in the way you don't really have a character (it's thus more of a combat simulator and less of an RPG than M&B itself). It's also very difficult compared to M&B, since now armies actually properly use appropriate tactics relative to their faction and where you're fighting, and a lot of people playing it are just really good at combat.

Fuckers are specialized in de-horsing cavalry. It's funny how underpowered cavalry is, though that might just be this version's tweaking.

Any NMAers got it? Can we gather enough people for all-NMA sessions on empty dedicated servers?

2. victor

victor Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Dec 12, 2003
    I installed it, but I have yet to play it. I'm going to tweak it with mods first.

3. Tycn

Tycn Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 27, 2008
    Looks really interesting but I don't have access to the beta since I don't own the original. Probably going to pick it up on release.

4. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    Taking the game in that direction is the opposite of what I want, unfortunately. The multi-player hordes ruin everything good. :D