Ms Punk Girl, a new playable character.

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Geras, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  2. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Very cool! It's quite the task to make a new critter set for Fallout, so hats off to all those involved.

I will have to say, the plan is for me to release RP 2.3.3 well before Autumn, but I certainly would love to see this as part of the RP. Sooooo, I might be pulled out of retirement once again. Heh, oh well.

Keep up the good work and once it's done and tested for frame glitches, I certainly hope to showcase the awesomeness of the punk girl in the RP.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
    Any progress? It's been a while since any progress has been posted.

4. 5545Trey

5545Trey Underground Deviant

Jun 25, 2014
    If you have not made this character playable, I think it would be fun to play as her.

5. Sketch

Sketch First time out of the vault

Sep 6, 2009

Here's what we've got so far. For now sprite editing progress is quite sluggish...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Nice, a few entire sets have been finished already. Well done.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. ChorazyTorpeda

ChorazyTorpeda First time out of the vault

Jul 17, 2013
    I'd like to know if there is any sort of timetable for this project. Or perhaps a progress bar or something, bcs the suspense is killing me:wink:

If it is on that picture, I can't make heads or tails on it, sry for that.

8. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    There are no timetables or ETAs. It's just an extremely tedius, boring and tiresome process. Her tanned skin does not make it any easier.

I think about 45% of her is done. There are ~109 animations where many have 5 sets of armors (armors, jumpsuit, tribal), and a part which has 4 sets (armors + jumpsuit).

Total amount of animations is around 530, I think, and 242 or something is already done.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  9. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    :V - I understand your pain, it's like doing hard time in a prison...you just have to grit your teeth and bare it. I hope you have a good music collection on your PC, it helps pass the time. I've done my fair share of critter editing. :yuck:

10. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    At least you don't have to worry about getting raped and murdered like in prison though. So that's a plus in this comparison.

11. Banestalker

Banestalker Wanamingo Breeder

Jun 5, 2014
    sorry for the long absence :3 got busy with some RL classes and shit. :3

anyway, unfortunately I didn't have time to work on the punk girl during these 2 months of absence. I'm currently setting my comp up to begin work, has anyone picked up the metal armor after me ? just making sure that I'm not wasting time on already-completed works

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  12. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Update on progress

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Updates, yay! :D :D :D

I don't suppose the new ones are downloadable? (I prefer to always include the newest versions of "Katja graphics" in Fixt, otherwise you get weird things like her turning into a brunette when running)

14. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Not yet. Just need to organize the frms first.

15. BreakinBenny

BreakinBenny First time out of the vault

Jun 18, 2015
    Nice to have some extra sprites for the NFMAXX critter, I really feel the need for extra firepower to give the companions significant use with their metadata tag skills. Katja has Energy Weapons and Big Guns (but is not strong enough to use the latter without drugs or power armor and has no "pistol" graphics for plasma or laser pistols), and Ian has Big Guns (but has no graphics for rocket launchers, miniguns, or even flamers so he can get back at Barry).

16. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Send me a PM about this to remind me please.

Thank you :)

17. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    It's great to see she's still worked on. Good job, guys!

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I know GitHub isn't designed for binaries, but what about posting these, including all related work-in-progress graphics/materials, and tools used, in a public repository so that anyone can work on them? I think that'd be a good idea.

Public is good, public keeps it alive.

19. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Agreed. First because then - theoretically - everyone could work on it, and second, when it comes to Fallout mods I am always scared that the creator suddenly disappears and the finished work will never be released. This always sucks.

20. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    +1

I also just emailed Mash asking to get the source code for the Hi-Res patches/mods, hopefully he does. That would be great since we haven't heard from him in ~ a year.

Projects dying makes me sad enough that I actually added this to credits in 0.80alpha of Fixt, right at the top:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 2