My first post since 2018 and the fallout tv series

If liberalism and communism are morally equivalent in terms of a willingness to engage in lethal violence and radical social upheaval then they have to be evaluated by their consequences. The victory of liberalism in the Cold War hasn't led us anywhere towards peace or prosperity, we've just recreated the wars of the 20th Century in Ukraine and Gaza for the same reasons the World Wars were fought a century ago. There's a ceiling to what's capable within a Liberal framework, and the inability to move beyond it creates historical cycles of reactionary violence.
I feel pretty prosperous and at peace. I would be happy to cut off funding for those wars. I am not sure we have a functioning representative democracy any longer, it's more of an oligarchy. The majority of the people don't want to send money to Israel and Ukraine, but money goes anyway. The majority of the people want a secure border and legal immigration, but illegal immigration proceeds.

That said, I've read my Solzhenitsen and I will never agree that Marxism adds any kind of good solution whatsoever. It merely makes almost everyone poor, except the party elite. The worst of the US system is Marxist based, such as Critical Race Theory.

Also, the people who made Disco Elysium, were they Marxist with their own profits? Or do they just want to be Marxist with other people's money?

I feel pretty prosperous and at peace. I would be happy to cut off funding for those wars. I am not sure we have a functioning representative democracy any longer, it's more of an oligarchy. The majority of the people don't want to send money to Israel and Ukraine, but money goes anyway. The majority of the people want a secure border and legal immigration, but illegal immigration proceeds.

That said, I've read my Solzhenitsen and I will never agree that Marxism adds any kind of good solution whatsoever. It merely makes almost everyone poor, except the party elite. The worst of the US system is Marxist based, such as Critical Race Theory.

Also, the people who made Disco Elysium, were they Marxist with their own profits? Or do they just want to be Marxist with other people's money?
Solzhenitsyn was also an antisemite and a fantasist who endorsed the kind of politics that resulted in the Ukraine War. Our opinions don't matter because capitalism necessitates imperial competition between national bourgeois. That drive for competition was temporarily suppressed by the obviated anticommunist needs of the Cold War, but now that the threat of communism is seemingly dispensed with we've backslided into an era of vulgar imperialism where the United States is putting the squeeze on its junior partners like they're vassals, and Russia and China are pushed to form a geopolitical bloc due to the First World's attempts to cut them out of the international bourgeois franchise. We're eerily close to getting on the path of self-destruction depicted in Fallout, except it's Liberal hegemony cannibalizing itself.

Your comment about the Disco Elysium devs is just ignorant and foolish. The company got busted out and all the devs were fired because the investors thought they had a hit IP on their hands that they could use to sell for licensing deals and crank out a sequel without the involvement of the creatives who made it a hit in the first place. Basically trying to pull a Bethesda as a literal nobody troika of Estonian money men.

Your comment about the Disco Elysium devs is just ignorant and foolish. The company got busted out and all the devs were fired because the investors thought they had a hit IP on their hands that they could use to sell for licensing deals and crank out a sequel without the involvement of the creatives who made it a hit in the first place. Basically trying to pull a Bethesda as a literal nobody troika of Estonian money men.
Well, that is the only time Marxism ever works, in fiction.

I played it and got bored. Not my kind of game. I'm a nasty traditional conservative and I like traditional games, not games that veer all over the place in their theme.

Disco Elysium doesn't do that, but I've got just the game for you:

CNA-feature.jpg

Disco Elysium doesn't do that, but I've got just the game for you:

CNA-feature.jpg
I have a friend who is in his 70's and has a lot of those games. I feel most of these would be just better as a video game. Ex. Hearts of Iron 4, Stellaris, EU IV.

If we're talking board games, Fallen Land is pretty decent. It even has a post-apoc theme.

I have a friend who is in his 70's and has a lot of those games. I feel most of these would be just better as a video game. Ex. Hearts of Iron 4, Stellaris, EU IV.

If we're talking board games, Fallen Land is pretty decent. It even has a post-apoc theme.
It's a Grognard joke. The Campaign for North Africa is infamous for being too complex to actually play. A full campaign is estimated to take 1500 hours.

Back