Need a new game to play for the next week.

SaltyPasta

Ainsley Harriets prophet
So my summer holidays are coming to a close, and I don't feel like replaying Fallout 1, 3 or New Vegas (and I won't even touch fallout 4). I haven't beaten f2 yet, but truth be told I just can't get into it. Any suggestions for a good rpg to play?..........................

That I can pirate ;)

Jokes, thanks in advance.

EDIT: Looking for older games, my pc is shit.

Last edited:
So my summer holidays are coming to a close, and I don't feel like replaying Fallout 1, 3 or New Vegas (and I won't even touch fallout 4). I haven't beaten f2 yet, but truth be told I just can't get into it. Any suggestions for a good rpg to play?..........................

That I can pirate ;)

Jokes, thanks in advance.

You played the witcher 3 ? I would recommend that

Would love to play it, if my pc didn't suck a dick

Oh dam shame son ! You have't got an xbox or ps4 ? I mean there are plently of good RPG on PC though but I mean the witcher 3 is just something i've gotten into on xbox.

For low end PC though I like mount and blade kinda and open world medieval sandbox game, Roller coaster tycoon , Sim city , age of empires

that sort of thing but I realise there not all RPGs but other fallout I don't actually play many out and out RPGs on PC

I'd assume you've already played these, but just in case, here's the standard recommendations:
Planescape Torment
Arcanum
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

There's also Temple Of Elemental Evil, but that kinda requires that you're into D&D 3rd edition or Pathfinder I think.

Will definitely check it out!
They're more action RPG than true RPG, but they're definitely classics with great stories, great gameplay, and lots of stuff to do.
Beware, though, the games are a bit of a grind and quite unforgiving in the beginning, and the combat takes a bit getting used to, but in the end they're very satisfying.

I'd assume you've already played these, but just in case, here's the standard recommendations:
Planescape Torment
Arcanum
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

There's also Temple Of Elemental Evil, but that kinda requires that you're into D&D 3rd edition or Pathfinder I think.
Haven't played any of those, will check em out.
They're more action RPG than true RPG, but they're definitely classics with great stories, great gameplay, and lots of stuff to do.
Beware, though, the games are a bit of a grind and quite unforgiving in the beginning, and the combat takes a bit getting used to, but in the end they're very satisfying.
I beat F1 on the hardest difficulty first go with no tutorials (It's just how I like to play games). So it's not really an issue ahaha
Oh dam shame son ! You have't got an xbox or ps4 ? I mean there are plently of good RPG on PC though but I mean the witcher 3 is just something i've gotten into on xbox.

For low end PC though I like mount and blade kinda and open world medieval sandbox game, Roller coaster tycoon , Sim city , age of empires

that sort of thing but I realise there not all RPGs but other fallout I don't actually play many out and out RPGs on PC
Yeah I've got a ps4, I'll pick it up when it's cheap (a.k.a when Australia stops being awful to gaming)

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt you've missed this one, just to be sure: Jagged Alliance 2, with 1.13 mod eventually.
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, or Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares would satisfy all your 4x strategy games needs!
Toss Eador: Genesis in eventually, not so old but decent one too.

edit: Crap, you're looking for RPG.. Silly me!

I recommend VTM Bloodlines with Wesp5 patch installed (a must have) and Age of Decadence, in one side the combat is very challeging and on the other side you can actually play the entire game without any fights.

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines as said before. Get the unofficial patch it helps a lot!
Deus Ex maybe?
Maybe try Fallout tactics? It is not the best Fallout game when it comes to story/rpg but i actually loved most of it.
Gorky 17/Odium is an oldschool RPG. Great game but have some trouble on newer systems.
The first witcher game and maybe even the second one? First one got some clunky combat but it was still fun enough for me.

So games to run on a shitty computer?
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is a gem in the rough.
Arcanum & Planescape Torment are some of the better RPGs ever made.
Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun Dragonfall & Shadowrun Hong Kong are all pretty nice, but be sure to play them in order.
The Age of Decadence is neato.
Ground Control 1 (and its expansion) is a great RTS, as is Dark Reign 1.
SpecOps: The Line is pretty good storywise.
FTL & Sunless Sea are neat (but sometimes harsh). Rochard & Stasis are nice time wasters.

Pillars of Eternity(It's the best game ever made, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong!)

Also, try Tyranny

Arcanum has already be mentioned, but be warned it has lots of bugs and extremely unbalanced combat. That said, it probably has the best villain in video game history.

If you're looking for an RPG of a slightly different stripe, I'd say give Darkest Dungeon a go. I'll also second FTL and Sunless Sea.

I just want to reiterate how much you should play Planescape, Vampire the Masquerade, Sunless Sea, and Darkest Dungeon.

If you want a few JRPG's to play try one of the Souls series. Shadow Tactics for a PS2 obscure one. Earthbound for a SNES classic.

Don't Starve isn't a RPG, but it is a damn good roguelike.

Back