New animations 2

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by x'il, Jun 4, 2009.

1. ArekBalcerzak

ArekBalcerzak It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 30, 2008
    Can you make leather jacket with two black arms? I need it for my Fallout Mad Max Returns total conversion and i have got one question
    how to put all this new critters to fallout 2 ? I really donkt know somebody helpem me to put 4 new critters to fallout but i dont know how, i want to put all this critters what do you have to my fallout, maybe just create a package of all this stuff and it must work for me pls help. I dont know how to register new critters pls help

2. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    I'm sure this is covered in some tutorial or faq. After all - everybody else learned it from somewhere, rather than guessed it, right? Using the search function would've probably given you the answers.

Anyway, it's really simple, so I'll humor you this time: dump the frms in data/art/critters, register in critters.lst in the same folder, then make new protos in the mapper. It's as simple as that.
    It's like making new items or scenery really - how come you don't know how to do that?! :scratch:

3. Horatio

Horatio First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2012
    I have little a request for the Olympus team. Could you make animations for a female scientist/doctor? Please?

Something like:
    [spoiler:0ca30ce954]

[/spoiler:0ca30ce954]

I think i'll visit you on your forum and contribute instead.

4. Rascal

Rascal First time out of the vault

Jul 17, 2011
  5. Soda_fr

Soda_fr It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 31, 2009
  6. Rascal

Rascal First time out of the vault

Jul 17, 2011
    Big thx Aguirre! You are helping me again ^^

7. Rain man

Rain man First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi Horatio !
    It is... doable. When we have a bit of time to spend on, we'll do a pack for you.

8. Horatio

Jul 9, 2012
    Thanks! :)

Btw, i made some frames as exercise.

Pardon for animations not looping. Imageshack saves bandwidth, thus rendering the animations being not animated if you're not quick enough to scroll.
    Forever.
    Imgur DARES to touch and edit my images, giving them black background.

I'd appreciate your advice for good .gif hoster.

edit: i remember Fallout 2 having no running animation for female ponytail tribal, so here it is. (it's in FOnline already)

9. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    The RP already has this lady...I fixed it a few years back, thanks anyway. The girlie in combat armor looks very desirable, is there any chance you could do the entire collection of animations? :wink:

10. Horatio

Jul 9, 2012
    Daym, that's what you get for initiative. ;P
    I wonder why the FOnline devs hasn't noticed it, though, so there is a second version of it now.

I'm supporting Geras atm, so perhaps i will make more helmetless frames, but later.

By the way, is there some "tracker" or list of complete animations?

11. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
  12. Horatio

Jul 9, 2012
    Oh yes... But i was thinking of list of missing and done animations for such critters as Red Head Girl

I make random sets aside from my main project, so it doesn't become a grind and try to automatise as much as possible.

13. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    Only completed and released (download links posted) stuff is listed on the first page Index. Abandoned/never released stuff is not included; the list would be miles long otherwise and there would be little to no point to it since the vast majority of abandoned stuff is very low on the completion rate percentage. For things like the Red Hair Girl you mentioned you would have to contact its maker and ask for whatever finished work he may have if you wish to continue with it.

14. Dux

Dux First time out of the vault

Feb 3, 2009
    Hmmm... Looking back on the first post, is "evil cassidy" or "sado-maso-psycho-gay-metzger-whatever" a playable character/NPC in Restoration Project?

15. Aniketos00

Aniketos00 First time out of the vault

Apr 19, 2012
    Hey guys, not really art for fallout 2 but I'm making a game for android using similar art style as in fallout 1-2 games. And I need your opinion do you think it's close to source material?

more resent version

16. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    I think these look very promising. Like slightly higher resolution versions of Fallout critters.

17. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Agreed, good work.

18. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, they look nice. Although it might look a bit too similar to Fallouts combat armour if you want to make an original game.
    Still, looks pretty good. If I had an Android-device I'd be curious about what you're doing :D
    Actually, I'm still curious.

19. Aniketos00

Aniketos00 First time out of the vault

Apr 19, 2012
    I'm making something simular to fallout 1 and 2 but for android. The story however is not in US but in Russia and i'm slowly tweaking the graphics I want to use simular drawing style but different looks eventually.

20. Zombach

Zombach First time out of the vault

Oct 27, 2011