New Baldur's Gate Game

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by radnan, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    Some, yeah. Particularly in BG1. I did love how Viconia DeVir's character evolved and was presented in the games.

2. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Didn't bother to check, my bad.

As for the engine in BG - I hated the mechanics, the small inventory etc. Backgrounds were perfectly fine for me, I wish for a game that would catch a similar feel.

3. Bal-Sagoth

Bal-Sagoth Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Nov 1, 2008
    As much as it excited me to think about being able to play this on my iPad, it also makes me shiver to think of not being able to use mods. Once you tutu it up and string all the games and expansions together from start to finish, all using the same rule sets and fixes... it really is an experience hard to beat.

4. radnan

radnan A Smooth-Skin

Dec 1, 2006
  5. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Website is pretty much down for me now. It was slow before, now it doesn't load anymore.

6. radnan

radnan A Smooth-Skin

Dec 1, 2006
    maybe if we all continue to hit f5 for a while it will come back up :)) ..

7. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    doesn't load for me either. but if it's only an iOS port I don't give a rats ass anyway. way to make a big deal about something pretty damn lame.

8. Fallout1FTW

Fallout1FTW Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 25, 2010
    Trent Oster says on his Twitter "We're happy to announce the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition."

And this "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is going to have new content for the game you love, made by some of the original team members"

So, we have Wasteland 2 and now Baldur's Gate is back. How long till Obsidian announces a new Planescape game? It's like good old times once again :D

9. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    They probably will add gay romances. :smug:

10. Fallout1FTW

Oct 25, 2010
    Anything Lexx, just so it can sell more copies and then we will get a new one!

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    They could turn Edwin's personal quest in BG2 into a romance! With the sex changes and all...

Gah, no thanks, one "spiritual sequel" to BG was enough. I don't trust Bioware to make a good game these days.

12. Fallout1FTW

Oct 25, 2010
    WOOT!

Trent Oster ‏

"We take mods seriously. (I led NWN after all) mods both current and future are important. More announcements to come"

EDIT: Check out this maestro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B0srsB0n3g

13. radnan

radnan A Smooth-Skin

Dec 1, 2006
    wow its like the best possible outcome .. polish the old title for a new generation :) between this wasteland 2, diablo 3 and double fine its like 1997-1998 :) (for me)

14. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    whoa, this was better than I expected. I've been wanting to replay the BG games lately, so this is perfect! gonna convince my gf to finally play them as well.

15. mobucks

mobucks As a goof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    Things that are too good to be true, but true all the same, create an imbalance in the order of the cosmos. Every time something awesome like this happens, that meteor heading toward earth shifts one degree closer to hitting us. This is the nature of the universe. Gob help us.

16. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    ^ That just means FO4 is going to come soon, so all's right with the world XD

Curious teaser but we'll see how it goes. Among various things, seems weird that they'd keep the Infinity Engine. So maybe it's not a true overhaul, just some polishing up akin to the various TuTu mods. I suppose we'll see when more info becomes available.

17. radnan

radnan A Smooth-Skin

Dec 1, 2006
    something closer to Temple of Elemental Evil (for the graphics) 2d+3d i think would suit the old assets well .. you have the nice backgrounds .. just the spells and chars sucked imo

18. SumsoluS

SumsoluS The Punchinator

May 9, 2004
    Am I the only one who's disappointed?... I'd rather see a new BG than just recycling.

19. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Maybe that will happen too, if the interest in the EE is high enough?

20. Hellion

Hellion Antediluvian Lurker

Jun 20, 2003
    According to a tweet by Trent Oster, regarding fans who were disappointed because they expected the announcement of BG3:

""We want #BG3 (Baldur’s Gate 3) as well. #bgee (Baldur’s Gate: Ehanced Edition) is a part of the master plan.""

So apparently they have a "master plan" that includes releasing a BG3 into the future.