New critter animations - Stoner dude [WIP 3D->2D]

Eazy-O

First time out of the vault
So here's what, or rather, who I've been working on to test my 3D-to-2D technique that I've mentioned a few times.

It's a stoner dude, cause, after all, we are in California. :D Comes with an old pair of All Stars, filthy slacks, grungy t-shirt and a spiffy Hawaii shirt. And a big fat doobie.

Animations so far include 1 idling...

idle_smoke.gif

...and 3 walking.
walk_unarmed.gif
walk_knife.gif
walk_pistol.gif

Now, a bit more if anyone cares to know... I have all these done from all sides, but I couldn't be arsed to 'gif them all. If anyone's curious, though, lemme know, I'll make more.

I also haven't done any palette adjustment to Fallout2 palette on these animations. I have a buddy who's supposed to work with me on the project of 3D->2D, so he's tasked with batch adjustment, conversion and FRM making.

Uhm. Yeah. I guess I'll post here when I animate more of the sucker. I'll also be writing up a tutorial on how to do this, so hopefully we can get more juice going.

Just for reference, though, let's play some Where's Waldo in a typical FOnline scene. These guys have been converted to the proper palette:
screencap.png

Feel free to comment. :]

Laters,
Oskar

The guy does not blend in right now but i believe that will get sorted out. Anyway its pretty awesome piece of work here. Looking forward for more.

You don't need to be afraid, because it doesn't fit in with the original style. Either the colors need to be changed or the whole person, because of his unique look he points out very hard.

I would make his shirt a dirtier - drab grey colour and possibly remove the hat - I don't know how well that would have survived the bombs. :D

I'm in favour of new critters but I'm not convinced it fits fallout yet.

I agree with most of the others. Very impressive critter, but he doesn't quite fit into the Fallout motif.

Impressive animation, interesting critter, I must admit. It reminds me of Michael Jackson with his hat... Maybe not fiting, but it does look cool in a way.

Did you think already about the death animations and how to make those?

lisac2k said:
Impressive animation, interesting critter, I must admit. It reminds me of Michael Jackson with his hat... Maybe not fiting, but it does look cool in a way.

Was the first thing that came to my mind, only the coin flipping missing :P

michael-jackson.gif

And a bit skinny... but maybe that's due to all the barrel-chested, ham for an arm guys around him. :)

This was done before though, wasn't it? The girl critter?

I thought it looked like Michael Jackson too, reverse the walk animation and you got it. :P

Good work nonetheless, but not really Fallouty.

The pants and the hat are great, i like the gun too.
But the other are right, the white of the shirt is just too white, it just dont blend with the other colors of fallout.

When you are done with this one, any chance I can interest you in some "gone with the blastwave" model?

right, but that will be a much of work,only for fun. BUT definitive, this would be something really crazy! :>

Mmm, must be a question of reference. I will give the blue shirt and red tie a go, for the lulz.

But I was more thinking of this : http://www.blastwave-comic.com/index.php?p=comic&nro=1
In the current time, I had in mind a special encounter with the two guys in a cinematic with the dialogue of the comic. There I would just need standing idle and walking for 2 directions. I could maybe borrow X'il flamer for the flamer guy.

But being able to play it would be truly nice I think.

Grayswandir said:
But I was more thinking of this : http://www.blastwave-comic.com/index.php?p=comic&nro=1
In the current time, I had in mind a special encounter with the two guys in a cinematic with the dialogue of the comic. There I would just need standing idle and walking for 2 directions.

Hey, nice stuff! sounds cool.

Grayswandir said:
I could maybe borrow X'il flamer for the flamer guy.

Sure, in fact, if you want, i could send you the combat armor one (i abandoned those animations but i think the AA and AB were finished). :wink:

EDIT: btw, Eazy-o, i'm looking forward to that tutorial you mentioned. :)

Back