New dev diary on Fallout 3 site

Ausir said:
Um... Harold had a tree already in Fallout 2. By the way, in Van Buren his tree turned out to be the key to saving mankind (seriously!).

i was noting that to make the point that bethesda is infatuated with "quirks" like that and capitalize on them in the wrong way. such as ghouls now being zombies.

it's a leap of logic! deal with it!!!!

Brother None said:
No one was talking about the Behemoth. Please tell me where anyone made the example comparing the Behemoth to orcs.

Whoops. Here's what happened, I was under the impression that the supermutant that everyone is talking about was a Behemoth, because I'm positive Game Informer or someone called it that. So when you said that the big, lurching dude was a Behemoth, I figured that meant all the supermutant concept art was now Behemoth art. So I guess if you really want, you can assume I meant supermutant when I say Behemoth, but this thread is dying, so whatever.

Brother None said:
RTcW, however, is a mutant WW II story, I doubt you can find anything in there that fits Fallout lore.

Keyword there being mutant. Already something that fits Fallout lore.

Brother None said:
If that's honestly the only counter-arguments people can come up with, complaining about the Hulk/orc-analogies, they haven't got a leg to stand on. On either side. Hence this messy argument.

Well, it's the counter-argument to people who complain that the new guys look like Orcs and thus are bad. My point is it's a bullshit argument, and offers nothing constructive. I guess we agree?

terebikun said:
Whoops. Here's what happened, I was under the impression that the supermutant that everyone is talking about was a Behemoth, because I'm positive Game Informer or someone called it that. So when you said that the big, lurching dude was a Behemoth, I figured that meant all the supermutant concept art was now Behemoth art. So I guess if you really want, you can assume I meant supermutant when I say Behemoth, but this thread is dying, so whatever.

As I said, the Behemoth isn't the issue. And yes, I s'pose some of these concepts are the Behemoth, like in this one:

Methinks top left guy is the Behemoth. The rest isn't, tho'

terebikun said:
Keyword there being mutant. Already something that fits Fallout lore.

"Mutant" does not equate fits Fallout lore. I mean, X-men in Fallout?

terebikun said:
Well, it's the counter-argument to people who complain that the new guys look like Orcs and thus are bad. My point is it's a bullshit argument, and offers nothing constructive. I guess we agree?

No. We'd agree if the only argument was that they look like orcs. People try to pull the analogy too far, it's true, but the core of the complaint isn't that they look like orcs, it's that they're stylized by modern gaming (fantasy) aesthetics that do not fit Fallout.

If the actually only core argumen was "orcs", then yes, that'd be stupid.

Back