New Fallout 1 Remake

As soon as I saw how ugly Shady Sands' atmosphere is I knew we had to fix it up, it was just so dead and lifeless and modlike.

So, is this still active, or has anyone heard from any of the team?
It's dead.

I said in the past that only something unexpected and very serious would prevent us from doing this project and that was what happened.

There was a death in the family of one of our most important team members, due to that he quit modding.
Then our team leader had serious personal problems and also quit modding for several months (6 or maybe more than that), my computer broke and I couldn't get a replacement for 3 or 4 months... The only other 2 or 3 members also had their other projects to work on and couldn't keep this project alive, since the team leader and our design document/creative lead/second in command quit modding.

Disappointed to hear that, ever since Fallout:The Story went dark I’ve been hoping for another F1 project for new Vegas to start.

One of the things I felt was a bit poor about that project was that it tried to convert the maps directly into the FNV world.
I think the various places would probably require a degree of re-imagining to work well.

True, true. I’m just itching to see any of these “remake” mods for NV come to completion. New California managed to put their mod out, and I wish somebody would put that much effort into one of these remakes.

I know about Way of the Chosen, and I've been keeping an eye on it. Can't wait for it to come out, but that might be another 5 years for all I know.

True, true. I’m just itching to see any of these “remake” mods for NV come to completion. New California managed to put their mod out, and I wish somebody would put that much effort into one of these remakes.

Problem with a remake is that it takes time, especially when places also need to be re-imagined.
One of the main issues I had with New California is how cluttered the world design sometimes looked, as if the designers wanted to put as much objects as possible everywhere.
And it also seemed to be a mishmash of various stuff.

The only truly good total conversion/DLC sized mod for the 3D games I can recall was Beyond Boulder Dome, and even that had its fair share of issues.

Problem with a remake is that it takes time, especially when places also need to be re-imagined.
One of the main issues I had with New California is how cluttered the world design sometimes looked, as if the designers wanted to put as much objects as possible everywhere.
And it also seemed to be a mishmash of various stuff.
I haven't actually played New California, so I can't comment on that. I just thought that was the most recent "big" mod I've seen for New Vegas.

Other than F1 or F2 remakes in New Vegas, the only other thing I would be interested is a Van Buren remake in the engine, though I doubt we have enough info to truly make that happen.

I haven't actually played New California, so I can't comment on that. I just thought that was the most recent "big" mod I've seen for New Vegas.

Other than F1 or F2 remakes in New Vegas, the only other thing I would be interested is a Van Buren remake in the engine, though I doubt we have enough info to truly make that happen.

Regarding New California, I can only comment from the screenshots I have seen and in some of those the rooms and areas are so full with all kinds of random assets (furniture, various decorations, children's toys). The overseer room for example included a garden and a fountain I think.
It creates a bit of a disjointed background.

I get you but I rather see it being remade in a 3D engine that recreates what Van Buren was originally supposed to look like.
In general I do wish to see more fan made total conversions of Fallout New Vegas (or Fallout 4 as long as it includes the old ruleset and dialog), especially newly made campaigns in new settings.

I would not mind a FNV recreation of Fallout Resurrection however but with more locations and quests.

The Frontier is also being developed for quite some time. And it's team are still very active. It's also the only big NV DLC-type project that will be compatible with TTW out of the box. :dance:

Back