New Fallout trailer

monsharen

Testament to the ghoul lifespan
Staff member
Admin
Board Cop oTO
Orderite
As the title implies there's a new trailer. Check it out and give us your thoughts.

Looks like shit. Some how not as shitty as that halo show trailer I saw, but still shit.

It has the too bright color theme of Fallout 4.

F4 ghouls, but I dont complain about that. Look cleaner than F3/NV ghouls.

Has the feel of Fallout 1: leave Vault to find stuffs. pay caravan to supply vault, thus disclose locations. vault get captured~

I have mixed feelings. On one hand I love the feeling of the old Fallouts, but on the other hand it feels too much like the newer games. I do like the endless sandy desert vibe of the old games, but it doesn't mix well with Fallout 4's colour scheme. Fallout 4's ghouls don't really feel like severe radiation victims the way the classics and F3/FNV's do. Also I'm iffy about Brotherhood power armor helmets having openable visors. Same way I was angry when Fallout 4 established the valve on the back as opening the suit.

I'm cautiously optimistic! To me, it always comes down to writing and acting.

Rings of power was shit - writing and acting.
Game of Thrones - till they ran out of book, really enjoyable. Same thing, writing and acting.

These days, visuals are easy with CGI. Finding brilliant writers, obviously not, as seen in the dismal state of Hollywood.

I'm only afraid they've fucked the NCR too much. Moreove the line at end, "somebody is always pulling the threads" or something like that makes me really think the Enclave will show up somehow

From what I've seen, the show is just going to shit on the existing lore from the classics in California, which is sad because a lot of that stuff is gonna get decanonised quick by the new Bethesda lore being introduced here.

Makes no sense for there to be a vault in Santa Monica, given what we know of the Master. Makes no sense for the Brotherhood to be this militaristically advanced, given their current state in New Vegas. Makes no sense for a settlement in the Boneyard to be on the same living conditions as a Megaton slum, given what we know about the Followers and NCR's work in the Boneyard.

I'm honestly tired of complaining at this point; I'll still probably end up watching the show out of curiosity anyway, but I'm not at all optimistic unfortunately.

I'll probably still watch it.
The main lead was a friend of my Cousin's when they were younger too.

Honestly, at this point I just want something entertaining to watch.

It looks bad as a Fallout entry, very generic as a normal post-apocalyptic entry, but watchable at least unlike Rings of Power.

Here are my takeaways:

-Fallout 4 aesthetics which looks gross
-Shady Sands and The Boneyard looks like they were re-nuked yesterday, there's no sign of NCR civilization (perhaps a canonized Lonesome Road ending)?
-East Coast BOS presence on the West Coast for some reason
-Only about 3 seconds of NCR soldiers in the trailer in which they look like hillbilly trashmen fighting an undefeatable force
-Confirmed NCR/BOS war is still ongoing even after something clearly happened to the NCR?
-BOS has a million Vertibirds and the Prydwen (which was canonically built out of the Enclave crawler from Fallout 3's Broken Steel DLC, so unless they happened to find another crawler on the West Coast, this might be THE BOS from Fallout 4 coming back to California)

Either the NCR was absolutely mogged by the Courier after Lonesome Road, or something happened (maybe Enclave return) and blasted the NCR back to the stone age?
My friends and I came up with a wacko idea that maybe one of the Vault's (Vault 4) has time travel tech, and the BOS are travelling back in time to kill the NCR in it's infancy.

Bethesda has deemed this show 100% canon to the games timelines, so either Chris Avellone was right and the classics aren't canon to Bethesda, or Bethesda hates the classics this is their way of giving them the middle finger?

Last edited:
Honestly, at this point I just want something entertaining to watch.
I too am in this camp. As far as I can tell it won't be triggering any nostalgia so it'll be another show.

Just saw the trailer, still not 100% convinced, I have low expectations. I'm just going to wait & see how it all turns out! TBH, I'm not expecting much, it probably will be crap. :confused: :-?

Also, @PaxVenire DITTO! I agree with all the points you've made. :ok:

From what I've seen, the show is just going to shit on the existing lore from the classics in California, which is sad because a lot of that stuff is gonna get decanonised quick by the new Bethesda lore being introduced here.

Being annoyed at lore inaccuracies I understand, but who cares about "canonization?" Just ignore Bethesda's crap it can't take away the original games. Just pretend the Van Buren remakes or whatever is the true canon.

Noticed that Goggins commercial is set in Vault 33. The interior including furniture and what looks like some numbered mailboxes. Maybe that connection was a given, but it's confirmed in the trailer, except for the detail where it says Vault 4 on the door. Are 4 and 33 the same? Twin vaults? Curious!

QfihwoX.png

7Eoqh9v.png

Started cutting up the two trailers to look for clues and noticed a couple of details which I think are spoilers regarding the fates of some characters.

Last edited:
Being annoyed at lore inaccuracies I understand, but who cares about "canonization?" Just ignore Bethesda's crap it can't take away the original games. Just pretend the Van Buren remakes or whatever is the true canon.
That's exactly how I view canon. Not just for Fallout but for so many things I grew up enjoying that's gone to shit too. Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo, Mass Effect, Alien(s), etc.

-Shady Sands and The Boneyard looks like they were re-nuked yesterday, there's no sign of NCR civilization (perhaps a canonized Lonesome Road ending)?

There's seems to be this kind of discussion due to the trailer.

Last edited:
Back