New Fallout trailer

I’ll save my judgment till I watched it but since this is based on Bethesda Fallout I’m going to be disappointed regardless.

It still blows my mind a niche game I played as a kid grew into a worldwide mainstream phenomenon. So guess give props to Bethesda for that at least.

There's seems to be this kind of discussion due to the trailer.

People really think that the writers have considered any of this, huh?

Even us dumbasses can recognize when the creators of Fallout really weren’t thinking things through (what is and isn’t caused by FEV, for example).

Anyway, how long until we get a post telling people to stop being so negative about everything and just be grateful that a company is kind enough to grace us with the opportunity to buy their product?

Even us dumbasses can recognize when the creators of Fallout really weren’t thinking things through (what is and isn’t caused by FEV, for example).

Anyway, how long until we get a post telling people to stop being so negative about everything and just be grateful that a company is kind enough to grace us with the opportunity to buy their product?
Love being told not to voice an opinion and just consume product.

-Shady Sands and The Boneyard looks like they were re-nuked yesterday, there's no sign of NCR civilization (perhaps a canonized Lonesome Road ending)?
The shot with the sign that says "Shady Sands" very clearly has gigantic, 21st century metropolis-level ruins. It maybe even looks like LA specifically. So if we assume based on the sign the scene depicted is Shady Sands, either the location has been moved to LA, or they've retconned that Shady Sands was built in or near a pre-War metropolis, instead of the middle of nowhere.

Both of these are far too ridiculous for me to believe Bethesda would do. It would be by far their largest retcon/mistake, literally nothing would come close. Generally they get details wrong, or the spirit of the lore, such that some justification can usually be made. This would be so vastly and outright wrong that I can't believe they'd make this mistake, or even that they'd allow TV writers to make that mistake.

I think more likely is that the library sign we see is just some library organization, originally from Shady Sands, and this is a library of theirs in the Boneyard.

-BOS has a million Vertibirds and the Prydwen (which was canonically built out of the Enclave crawler from Fallout 3's Broken Steel DLC, so unless they happened to find another crawler on the West Coast, this might be THE BOS from Fallout 4 coming back to California)
It's not the Prydwen, it's some other airship according to promo material, though it also has an Arthurian/Welsh name. Annweden or something around there. Can't rule out the East Coast BoS has joined. My gut says no,, that they haven't come back explicitly, just that they shared designs or something equally stupid. But who knows.

Bethesda has deemed this show 100% canon to the games timelines, so either Chris Avellone was right and the classics aren't canon to Bethesda, or Bethesda hates the classics this is their way of giving them the middle finger?
C'mon, let's not be silly. They just don't care

I mean honestly, I think they probably did think this aspect through a little bit. I think they knew that FNV gave them some kind of warrant to go in that direction. I think the overriding concern was just to have a truly fucked epic Mad Max Wasteland, rather than any intelligent narrative considerations, but I think they did put a bit thought into why NCR would be fucked.

Man wish it had the tone of the first game. Feels very Bethesda.

Even the ghoul looks almost normal and not really gross. I get it though. They want to make him likable.

I kinda dislike the BOS stuff in particular. Power armors look silly for some reason. Too clean maybe. Always hated BOS being such an in-your-face enormous force as well. Wish they were more low key.

Still hate that they went with a female protagonist too. Walter Goggins though is a 10/10 choice.

a8jig3j471nc1.png

Now wondering if this woman is supposed to be Tandi in a flashback

I'll noose myself if this turn into a Romeo and Juliet, about the descendents of Maxson and Tandi. Or maybe I'll enjoy it..?

a8jig3j471nc1.png

Now wondering if this woman is supposed to be Tandi in a flashback

She's a new character Moldaver named in Amazon's press release https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/...-video-and-kilter-films-unveils-official-trai and listed even earlier on IMDB along with her actress Sarita Choudhury, at least 3 months ago, around the same time (within a few days IIRC) Mr. House was added there as played by Rafi Silver, which should make for one of the more intriguing cameos

I think more likely is that the library sign we see is just some library organization, originally from Shady Sands, and this is a library of theirs in the Boneyard.
Hmm, I could see that. Still though, if that's the case then something clearly happened to the Boneyard, or the NCR overall.
Although when it comes to retconning things, I don't think Bethesda cares enough to correct what the showrunners might have gotten wrong, even if it's placing Shady Sands near a metropolis.

It's not the Prydwen, it's some other airship according to promo material, though it also has an Arthurian/Welsh name. Annweden or something around there. Can't rule out the East Coast BoS has joined. My gut says no,, that they haven't come back explicitly, just that they shared designs or something equally stupid. But who knows.
You're correct, it's not the Prydwen, it's called the Caswennan. Still wondering how it was made considering the Prydwen is made out of Enclave crawler from Fallout 3. Perhaps a retcon that the Enclave had one in the 2240s and the BOS used that for theirs? Or maybe the Enclave is the reason LA looks the way it does in the trailer. Which if that's the case then I'm thinking about how this show could've been set in San Francisco. If I remember correctly, the Enclave nuked San Fran in retaliation in Van Buren, which would have allowed them to have a famous city backdrop in the West that has that freshly-nuked feel. Ah well.

C'mon, let's not be silly. They just don't care
Haha true.

Mr. House was added there as played by Rafi Silver, which should make for one of the more intriguing cameos
Man it's a shame René Auberjonois passed away, his voice would be great to hear again as House. Assuming of course the House cameo will be his image on a monitor and not a flashback of actual Robert House pre-war.

Got my hopes up until the Shandy Sands library sign that seemed to indicate (at least to me) that the NCR were taken out and then with all the BoS junk I lost all hope. I am betting that something it'll be something like "Arthur Maxson used the ruins of the Institute to build a second airship and took it west to aid their brothers in their war with the NCR"

She's a new character Moldaver named in Amazon's press release https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/...-video-and-kilter-films-unveils-official-trai and listed even earlier on IMDB along with her actress Sarita Choudhury, at least 3 months ago, around the same time (within a few days IIRC) Mr. House was added there as played by Rafi Silver, which should make for one of the more intriguing cameos

Her name is just "moldavians". Finally, some Eastern European diversity in Fallout.:smug:

Got my hopes up until the Shandy Sands library sign that seemed to indicate (at least to me) that the NCR were taken out and then with all the BoS junk I lost all hope. I am betting that something it'll be something like "Arthur Maxson used the ruins of the Institute to build a second airship and took it west to aid their brothers in their war with the NCR"
Watch Shady Sands go from a post apocalyptic settlement into becoming a I dunno....A Pre-war Subdivision outside LA that had a vault under it or some crap.

Looks fine with many long time posters showing how out of touch they are with reality.

Back