New Game - Fallout: Nuclear Winter

siil3nced1

First time out of the vault
Not the best name, but whatever. Here's the idea...

SETTING
It takes place in the "Old England Wasteland", which is in southern New Hampshire and eastern Maine. The main towns include a large but rundown settlement known as Pyrewood, a small "Utopian "city named Radiotone City, and a city created in a crater called Megaton II. Most of the OLW is covered in a thick layer of snow, hence the name "Nuclear Winter." It takes place about 50 years after the events of Fallout 3, with the "Lone Wanderer's" grandchild as the main character.

STORY
The games picks up as you, a traveling treasure hunter, are roaming the southern part of the Old England Wasteland during a heavy snow and hail storm (nuclear winter has started to strike the OLW). Your enitire team of scavengers is slowly getting picked off by incoming "atomic hail". You find a small cabin and as soon as you are about to open the door, a brick-sized hailstone drills into the side of your head, and you pass out.

The next day, you wake up in the house and are greeted by Emile, an old blind man. Here, he asks you your name and asks to, oddly enough, touch your face to find out what you look like (Name and Character Creation Here). Emile then sends you to the nearby town of Lake Harmony, along with some leather merc armor, a pistol, and some food and water. There a doctor Sanford Harris finds out your attributes and skills through some simple physical tests. From there you are out into the world to do as you please.

Eventually, you learn of the impeding war over survival between the Children of the Atom, a religious group turned mutants after worshiping an atom bomb, and the Democracy of Order, a bureaucratic and wealthy society. You fight in the first battles of the war with whoever you decide to join with, but then are informed of the motives behind the fighting. Hidden within 7 differerent Vault-Tec vaults and bomb shelters across the Old England Wasteland are parts to build a Heaven on Earth Creation Kit (H.E.C.K.), an advanced, more powerful version of the G.E.C.K. This H.E.C.K. can save only one of these cities from the coming Blizzard of the Apocalypse, which will eventually wipe out all of the northern hemisphere. Along with some side stories, that's pretty much the game

GAMEPLAY FEATURES
The most important gameplay change is the separation of Primary, Secondary, and Social Skills.
Primary Skills: Guns, Unarmed, Melee Weapons,Science, Sneak, Energy Weapons, and Survival
Secondary Skills: Lockpick, Explosives, Repair, Steal, and Medicine
Social Skills: Barter, Persuasion, Intimacy, and Intimidation.
At each level up, players have 2-6 skill points to put into Skill Groups. Ex. - If I put one point into Social Skills, all Social Skills will advance one point. Players are also given the traditional skill points to distribute to skills indivdually. Another change is the Fallout Plus. By making certain choices, like a name and title from a drop down menu, your gameplay experience will be heightened. That all I got. Lemme know whatcha think.

Extra note: The Children of the Atom live in Megaton II and the the Democracy of Order live in Radiotone.

Why are the combat skills the primary ones? That kinda makes it hard for speech-only game.
A nculear winter causes no drop in temperature, just a load of ash falling.
And how is the HECK any better than the GECK? And putting 'Atomic' or 'Nuclear' in the word does not make it fit in with the fallout setting. And why would a nuclear radiation affect the size of hail or a blizzard? Its not a living organism. and just a few side quests would really ruin the playability of the game. And please don't try to copy fallout 2 with the grandchild thing.
Megaton II? Oh hell no!
And what is wrong with normal names for towns. Why can't it be named something like 'London' and explain that the founder read it in a pre war book and thought it was good name rather than 'Radiotone' which I guess it purely for the reason that theres a radio tower in the town. And really the start shoud have something to do with the factions rather than you get injured scavenging and then decide to take part in a massive war. And what about other towns and side factions?

It takes place in the "Old England Wasteland", which is in southern New Hampshire and eastern Maine. The main towns include a large but rundown settlement known as Pyrewood, a small "Utopian "city named Radiotone City, and a city created in a crater called Megaton II.

How do the founders of Megaton II, hailing from New Hampshire, know about the existence of Megaton, to name thier town Megaton II, and why would they?

Pyrewood is a generic high fantasy name.

Raditone? Really? Oh I see. Radiation. Radio. Very good.

Most of the OLW is covered in a thick layer of snow, hence the name "Nuclear Winter." It takes place about 50 years after the events of Fallout 3, with the "Lone Wanderer's" grandchild as the main character.

Nuclear bombs don't cause snow. Nuclear winters main effect, is ash coating the Earth, and residing in the sky, partially blocking sunlight.

50 years after? What, so now we're, wait, we're post-post-post apocalypse by now by my calculation. His grandchild? Why, what purpose does that serve?

The games picks up as you, a traveling treasure hunter, are roaming the southern part of the Old England Wasteland during a heavy snow and hail storm (nuclear winter has started to strike the OLW). Your enitire team of scavengers is slowly getting picked off by incoming "atomic hail".

Atomic hail? In what world do you live in that causes nuclear warheads to mutate hail and snow into deathly gargantuan rock formations that crash into people?

You find a small cabin and as soon as you are about to open the door, a brick-sized hailstone drills into the side of your head, and you pass out.

How is it a brick size? If you pass out, wouldn't you just get shredded to bits while unconcious?

The next day, you wake up in the house and are greeted by Emile, an old blind man.

How did he brave the storm to get you? How did he find you, he's blind? Why would he want to save you?

Here, he asks you your name and asks to, oddly enough, touch your face to find out what you look like (Name and Character Creation Here). Emile then sends you to the nearby town of Lake Harmony, along with some leather merc armor, a pistol, and some food and water. There a doctor Sanford Harris finds out your attributes and skills through some simple physical tests. From there you are out into the world to do as you please.

Genius

Eventually, you learn of the impeding war over survival between the Children of the Atom, a religious group turned mutants after worshiping an atom bomb

Worshipping mutated them? Why are they called the Children of Atom if they don't know about the Megaton church?

and the Democracy of Order, a bureaucratic and wealthy society.

The NCR

You fight in the first battles of the war with whoever you decide to join with, but then are informed of the motives behind the fighting. Hidden within 7 differerent Vault-Tec vaults and bomb shelters across the Old England Wasteland are parts to build a Heaven on Earth Creation Kit (H.E.C.K.),

H.E.C.K oh dear. What next, Super Hot Iguana Treatment? S.H.I.T.

Formulaic Underpass Crossing Kennels? F.U.C.K

an advanced, more powerful version of the G.E.C.K. This H.E.C.K. can save only one of these cities from the coming Blizzard of the Apocalypse, which will eventually wipe out all of the northern hemisphere. Along with some side stories, that's pretty much the game

Oh God, no more, please!

I like the Character Creation bit, I think the blind man feeling you face is a good idea. But the rest of it just does not appeal to me. It sounds like New Vegas with a fanatical religious twist. And the Nuclear Winter thing is not that big of a deal to me since the Fallout Universe's physics are different than ours (for example, in the real world radiation does not turn you into a zombie like creature that lives 300+ years). And the G.E.C.K has already been a main part of two games, i think it is time to find a different plot device. And lastly, I think the idea that you have to be a relative is not one that should be done more than once, it was cool in Fallout 2 but it would just seem stale were it done a second time.

thx for your feedback, even though it felt like a kick in the balls. ill think it over and come up with a more coherent idea

I know that nuclear winter is supposed to be ash, but knowing the fictional, and somewhat comical world of Fallout, it could work in my opinion.

Fine say radiation makes it snow and makes 'atomic' hail, but you better explain it well. And I mean detailed explanation of the chemical and pyshic changes if you went to set yourself apart from beth

If i'm honest I would like a fallout game where you could actually read none-damaged pre-war books and stuff like that just to learn about what it was like in this alternate reality.

Sorry I thought I would announce it, I seem to be having an off-topic day.

Really off topic but white knight, what happened to our rpg?

^I'm waiting for Unadopted Track. No point if the GM isn't here. You could've PMed me if you wanted to talk to me about this

re

I also have to agree about the blind man - face touching - character creation, that actually sounds interesting and rather original. I'm not too keen on many of the plot ideas, but New [old as it were] England would be interesting.

Back