New Jedi Critter. Need a critter maker and a scripter.

Yeah, I was meaning to do that then my PC died.

Looks like Ill have to start from that gif on the mod, and re-DL all my tools too.

Expect delays.

PsychoSniper,

I think I know of a way to implement the light sabar as a player userable weapon without removing (replacing) any of the existing weapon anaimation, but instead adding it as a whole new weapon attack.

If you send me the critter frm I can test this out and if it works I can send you a test mod to take a look.

I remeber that you made the FRM so that the critter draws the weapon at the start of each attack sequence, witch means that the walking model for this character should be the unarmed frames, so if...

Step 1)
Rename 'jedi.frm' to 'harobeaj' (unarmed, single shot)

Step 2)
Edit 'harobeaa.frm' to only have the first frame of each orientation, and save as 'harobeah' and 'harobeai'

Step 3)
Create a new weapon called 'light sabar' and set the animation to 'none' (or unarmed or whatever its called) and set the flags to 'single shot' and 'stand'

Step 4)
Place the bridge keepers robes and the light saber at the start of the temple of trials.

Step 5)
Wear the armour first and then equip the light saber.

I dont know if this will work for the other attack suffixs yet, but all of the guns let me use the spare animations. If this works then I can in theory make a bayonet thrust aniamation on the rifle 'JQ' suffix

I figure that going through the temple of trials as a jedi would be more fun for you :)

Okay, I've dug up a this thread so you can see Jochua's comments on the angles etc...

I've also pulled a quote from Lisac from the Mutants Rising forums.

Lisac2k said:
I took this from NMA, I hope they won't mind :D
Anyway, I don't do it this way (like it's written here) in LIGHTWAVE, but I guess this will help him more, 'cause he uses 3DMAX. The angles are compatible, though.

3D-scene
1 - character
2 - camera ('Ortographic Projection' (3DMAX))
3 - a light source for creation of a shadow (set 'Cast Shadows', use 'Ray-Traced Shadows', set 'Check Decay' switch to None (3DMAX))
4 - an any light source (set 'Check Decay' switch to None (3DMAX))
5 - one-colour plane for create background colour and shadow of character on the image
a1 - angle of the camera (-25.7)
a2 - angle of a light source for a shadow (-75.7)
a3 - turning angle of the camera (-150, -90, -30, 30, 90, 150)

image2.gif

Okay I also just found Frame Animator 2.7 on Jochua's site

http://www.jochua.nm.ru/dwnld/fantr270.rar

Also take a look at this page:

http://www.jochua.nm.ru/docs/frmantr.htm

It's got the info you are after.

Out of curiosity, since I cant seem to find the dowbload anymore, do any of the old hands have a copy ?

Cause this may have been the first ever lightsaber mod for Fallout.

Back