New Wasteland 2 screenshot

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    inXile has released a new Wasteland 2 screenshot on their tumblr page. The game is edging closer to completion, and beta testing is expected to start in October. As such, the art is starting to get more and more refined, as well.

<center></center>

2. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    Looks much sharper (and better) than previous screen. Progress indeed.

Also - doesn't show up properly on the forum.

3. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Tanks full of snake squeezins? Good. Even camera angle is getting better.

4. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    The camera is fully movable. The angle isn't better, it's just been positioned differently.

5. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Looks hillariously bad.

6. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    It would be great to have a few user-defined camera presets in that case, I consider free camera to be confusing sometimes. Also, they did not show user interface this time, so perhaps there's still a glimmer of hope for some improvement as well.

7. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Looks good. Can't wait to have Rail Nomads to gang up on me and drop toasters on their death.

8. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    That is one happy train.

9. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    That's the end boss and it's happy because the party is woefully under leveled and equipped.

10. Gnarles Bronson

Gnarles Bronson regular mutant

Oct 30, 2011
    looks pretty cartoony, but I like it.

11. Kamoho

Kamoho First time out of the vault

Feb 27, 2012
    The blur already makes me nauseated.

12. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    yes, I hope there will be options to simply turn it off. I sure dont have any need for "bloom", just because someone has the feeling it makes things more realistic or what ever. I mean hey, if you like it, no problemo. Just dont force it on me.

13. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Looks pretty freakin' great to me. *shrug*

14. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It looks ok-ish, I'll guess. But I am not sure if that's an actual ingame screenshot or a screencap from a video. The bloom seems to be quite heavy on the ground and I do not think that the blur in the background is needed.

But well, maybe it feels better when the game is in motion. No idea.

15. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    I can't judge how the game looks from an isolated screenshot, and also gameplay is more important than visuals.

However I have trouble believing that content-wise this game is nearing completion.

16. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 7, 2008
    Is that guy on the right wearing a 3 Amigos outfit?

17. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    while I sure don't expect here some kind of crazy crysis like graphic, but in this day and age I think decent visuals are important and not really THAT difficult to achieve, considering how there are a lot more options available today. I know what you mean, and I agree. But still, if they released the game as some kind of ASCII text adventure ... I am not sure if thats really needed.

18. Sobboth

Sobboth It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2010
    Not incredible but it's by far good enough.
    Removing the bloom is needed though.
    My main issue is with the camera angle.
    I dislike "rotating" camera because not only you often have to "play" with it (and i find that unpleasant) but although because i never have the angle i want.
    Just finished SRR and the camera angle was simply perfect IMO, better than anything you could see in the W2 demo.
    While some camera angle in the W2 demo are quite good (much better than in NWN) it does not seem possible to have the perfect angle that i want with it, quite frustrating.

19. tekhedd

tekhedd Hoarding ammo IS gameplay

Oct 28, 2008
    In the years that followed, Thomas the Tank Engine grew increasingly bitter. Eventually his anger was such that he would attack strangers on sight, even friendly rangers.