Next Fallout Game Location?

Honesty Would love to see more of California. Here are a few other ideas though, Colorado area or Cheyenne Mountain base. Would be cool to visit other countries, like follow up on the soldiers that were stranded in china during the end of the great war.

I would like to see more areas like the Glow. Areas that were hit the hardest.

Honesty Would love to see more of California. Here are a few other ideas though, Colorado area or Cheyenne Mountain base. Would be cool to visit other countries, like follow up on the soldiers that were stranded in china during the end of the great war.

I would like to see more areas like the Glow. Areas that were hit the hardest.

Fallout:Tactics did that area, (Colorado, Cheyenne Mt) and honestly other than just the linearity of the game, did it really well.

Midwest probably or... MAYBE NEW YORK? I mean judging by 76 it would be Midwest but if Bethesda would get ambitious again I'm betting its new York I mean cmon now that would be cool, although Jersey wouldn't have changed much.

Midwest probably or... MAYBE NEW YORK? I mean judging by 76 it would be Midwest but if Bethesda would get ambitious again I'm betting its new York I mean cmon now that would be cool, although Jersey wouldn't have changed much.

a fallout game set in Manhattan would be awesome but i think somewhere in texas would be a more appropriate location, itd have alot of potential for factions and locations being on the mexican-american border

[EDIT] just went on page 1 seems like yall thought of Texas already lmao, Arizona would be cool too i think

a fallout game set in Manhattan would be awesome but i think somewhere in texas would be a more appropriate location, itd have alot of potential for factions and locations being on the mexican-american border

[EDIT] just went on page 1 seems like yall thought of Texas already lmao, Arizona would be cool too i think

I am indeed more interested in seeing some new Fallout games set in the Southern parts of the US. Arizona would be good but New Mexico as well (Fallout Resurrection is set there), or Louisiana or Mississippi.
Doesn't mean I would not mind seeing a Fallout set in Michigan or any of the states nearby.

I myself really want to work out a setting and campaign in Texas.

My problem with New York/Manhattan is primarily if it is done by Bethesda that it will most likely be mostly raiders, yet another Super Mutant army, the BOS, maybe the Enclave.
And there would not really be done anything interesting with the ruins than just being more loot dungeons.

I like to see the Great Lakes. From Chicago to Cleveland. Maybe Columbus can be a game map border city. You can drive a car to the cities

I am indeed more interested in seeing some new Fallout games set in the Southern parts of the US. Arizona would be good but New Mexico as well (Fallout Resurrection is set there), or Louisiana or Mississippi.
Doesn't mean I would not mind seeing a Fallout set in Michigan or any of the states nearby.

My problem with New York/Manhattan is primarily if it is done by Bethesda that it will most likely be mostly raiders, yet another Super Mutant army, the BOS, maybe the Enclave.
And there would not really be done anything interesting with the ruins than just being more loot dungeons.

I think out of all you mentioned Louisiana would seem to give the most scope. Alligators. Cajun trappers. Low lying land may have suffered floods so sea creatures have moved inland and cross bred. No idea if those Mantees are in Louisiana maybe that's Florida.

Got it in one.

Honestly what is it with Bethesda and these damn Raiders, Mutants, and BS. Raiders themselves are boring now, there's rarely a middle man faction worth a damn. Gunners and Talon Company do fit that niche of a enemy that's more mid-tier but...they don't really do anything with them. They exist, they shoot, they just meander.

Got it in one.

Honestly what is it with Bethesda and these damn Raiders, Mutants, and BS. Raiders themselves are boring now, there's rarely a middle man faction worth a damn. Gunners and Talon Company do fit that niche of a enemy that's more mid-tier but...they don't really do anything with them. They exist, they shoot, they just meander.

I think Bethesda just fell into the trap of having bullet fodder common enemies to pad out the experience and create shallow conflict.
With the FO 1 & 2 i found that each combat experience was somewhat meaningful, usually having great effect on how you continued after it, however the Bethesda entries seem to have replaced memorable conflict with mild obstacles between set pieces

To be fair Fallout 1 and 2 had tons of shitty random encounters but you could opt out of those.

I think Bethesda just fell into the trap of having bullet fodder common enemies to pad out the experience and create shallow conflict.
With the FO 1 & 2 i found that each combat experience was somewhat meaningful, usually having great effect on how you continued after it, however the Bethesda entries seem to have replaced memorable conflict with mild obstacles between set pieces
I think it’s the nature of the gameplay. If they went with the less common raiders/mutants route but make them more powerful and deadly it would turn a lot of people off and Fallout has always been about lots of shooting and killing. It just got turned to 11 during Fallout 3

Hey! I joined for this conversation, right here. I feel 76 kinda spoiled the pot a bit but, I would like to see a fallout game set in East Tennessee. Between the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and the city of Knoxville, to Oak Ridge and Y12, there would be no shortage of interesting things to see on this end of the Appalachians.

They should just DLC locations like that into 76 since the entire fanbase just wants to larp and loot shit in FPS view in new regions.

It's the most likely thing to happen. But I rather my home get more than a cursory pass with the brush for a DLC. I think it could be something unique for the fallout games to deal with the Body farm and local lore like the Knoxville Underground. Maybe explore a fallout version of the UT campuses.

To be fair Fallout 1 and 2 had tons of shitty random encounters but you could opt out of those.
Yeah but in those games the encounters always had great impact,
especially in the early game you have to decide whether or not you can commit the resources and face the risk of every combat encounter, you have to make a conscious decision whether you are going to engage or not as apposed to just gunning down any enemy you happen across

Back