Wrong!!!

- Let the Right One In
- What We Do in the Shadows
- Nosferatu
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- Interview With the Vampire
- Fright Night
- Cronos

^ All good movies IMO, and they're all cult-ish films too so they fit this thread's topic.
Oh yeah I forgot about let me in.

After Hours - My favorite Scorcese film. Underrated by most. Great cast.

Nightwatch - Seen only the remake with Ewan McGregor, have to watch the original one with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Ravenous - Unfairly underrated film. Great performance by Robert Carlyle before he was so well known.

If any of you haven't seen these films and decide to do so let me know what you think about them.

I made my 20 year old daughter watch "The Last Dragon" with me for my birthday. I told her that the double cassette boom box was the I-phone of my day, and the reason we didn't have childhood obesity is because we were lugging around these giant boxes filled with 12 D-cell batteries. On the plus side, she was genuinely cracked up by the full glory of this very 80's movie, so I don't have to write her out of the will just yet.

Super - My favorite hero movie as of yet. It starts off a dark, comedic journey of a weird man played by Rainn Wilson who receives a vision from "god," inspiring him to become a hero so he can save his ex from a crimelord. As it progresses to the final act, it blossoms into a harshly truthful commentary of the idealism surrounding hero movies. Damn shame the movie was panned on release, thanks to it being made at the same time as Kick-Ass.

Last edited:
Zardoz is an absolutely terrible film where Sean Connery in a leotard fights a giant floating bearded rock head.

It is also one of the most strangely entertaining films ever.

The Idiots by Lars Von Trier

One might think it's a comedy from the outset, when thinking about the premise about people pretending to be mentally handicapped, but it's not really. There's some genuine sadness and awkwardness in how the group finds that thing fulfilling and binding and by the end of it, it's quite the opposite from comedy.

Sunset Limited

A 90-minute conversation about life between two old guys.

Hardware (1990) by Richard Stanley. Not really that obscure, it's pretty well known. Could be a copy of Terminator which came out earlier I think, but still good. Post-apo -folks ought to enjoy it.

Thanks for recommending this. Watched first 20 seconds and knew I had to check it out.

Thanks for recommending this. Watched first 20 seconds and knew I had to check it out.

Glad you're intrigued. If you want more stuff from Richard Stanley, there's also Dust Devil, has a kind of desert-post-apocalypse-shapeshifter theme going, lol. The trailer spoils the movie quite a bit though.

Glad you're intrigued. If you want more stuff from Richard Stanley, there's also Dust Devil, has a kind of desert-post-apocalypse-shapeshifter theme going, lol. The trailer spoils the movie quite a bit though.

I just finished watching Hardware. I only watched 20 seconds of its trailer. I didn't realize it was a horror.
I absolutely loved the atmosphere and background setting, but once it turned into a slasher flick I was kind of disappointed. The first death, of that sleazy fat Weinberg guy, was pretty brutal. Made my guts churn. And when the black guard guy in the football armor gets cut in half, that too. Jesus. I was actually expecting the robot to be some kind of hero.

I think there's some kind of subtext about industrialization and modern capitalism. One of the movies taglines was 'You can't stop progress' apparently. The last bit, with that funny radio guy announcing they're going to go into full production of the robot, and creating 800 new jobs for the unemployed slummers. Wish it went more in that direction, instead of slasher gore and a dumb helpless bimbo running around.

I'll probably check Dust Devil out next.

Last edited:
I just finished watching Hardware. I only watched 20 seconds of its trailer. I didn't realize it was a horror.
I absolutely loved the atmosphere and background setting, but once it turned into a slasher flick I was kind of disappointed. The first death, of that sleazy fat Weinberg guy, was pretty brutal. Made my guts churn. And when the black guard guy in the football armor gets cut in half, that too. Jesus. I was actually expecting the robot to be some kind of hero.

I think there's some kind of subtext about industrialization and modern capitalism. One of the movies taglines was 'You can't stop progress' apparently. The last bit, with that funny radio guy announcing they're going to go into full production of the robot, and creating 800 new jobs for the unemployed slummers. Wish it went more in that direction, instead of slasher gore and a dumb helpless bimbo running around.

I'll probably check Dust Devil out next.

I've been to Richard Stanley's lecture he gave over here in Finland. Interesting guy, with interesting movies and documentaries. Btw he's related to that famous explorer Stanley ("Dr Stanley I presume?")

The robot of Hardware was supposed to be some kind of population control terminator that goes around reducing the population I guess. Stanley's been thinking about a sequel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stanley_(director)

His website.
http://www.shadowtheatre13.com

I've been to Richard Stanley's lecture he gave over here in Finland. Interesting guy, with interesting movies and documentaries. Btw he's related to that famous explorer Stanley ("Dr Stanley I presume?")

The robot of Hardware was supposed to be some kind of population control terminator that goes around reducing the population I guess. Stanley's been thinking about a sequel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stanley_(director)

His website.
http://www.shadowtheatre13.com
Huh, weird guy. Lots of occult esoteric type stuff on his site. Maybe too esoteric for me, but interesting nonetheless.
That reminds me, I remember there was a codename or callsign of some kind for the robot, BAAL. Ba'al, I believe, was some kind of early Semitic pagan god.

This one is awesome

220px-Inkmovieposter.jpg

incubus-ink.jpg

Back