Noonan/Grandstaff: Seriously, we won't talk

This is some pretty fucking stupid management for Bethesda. What you have is a top-down authority, with us, the buyers being passive participants (or so they hope).

They make a decision and expect us to lap it up with love, good little puppies. The consequence of this is a less than perfect product ebcause they don't consider consumer demands.

Stupid.

No no, they are just afraid of telling what they are
really preparing, so they'll keep waiting until it's
release...You know someone who is naive enough
will buy it just by seeing title Fallout 3.

If they tell what they are doing, they'll likely fend off these "potential buyers"...

Brother None said:
...As for things being released before the stone chiseling, we all know just how much more gas would be thrown on the flames if info was released then pulled back because of changes. Happens with all games…. simple knowledge there.

What're we going to do besides rant? We're already fucking ranting. Maybe if they actually cared what the real fans had to say, the game would be accepted on better terms. Maybe if we knew about some of this shit content(Toilets with 200 year old drinking water, the nuclear catapult in a world low on resources, exploding nuclear cars), we would have been able to prevent them from wasting their time.

As of right now, they have the atmosphere. Wow, that was real hard to do. Copy some 50's art and make it look old as fuck. The GI guy says that the dialogue is similar to Oblivion/Morrowind, so how the hell are there going to be branching dialogues? What about choices?

Bethesda has basically shown that they are NOT fans and that they don't care what the majority of people on their forums have to say. Phfft.

Is it just me or have Beth sunken lower then even Herve when it comes to PR, its like they are selling their PR to certain mags/sites for them to make money, in return Id imagine Beth gets a share.

I must have been dillusional when I thought PR for a game should be free, or at Beth expense. Your aim is to get our attention

Odin said:
Is it just me or have Beth sunken lower then even Herve when it comes to PR, its like they are selling their PR to certain mags/sites for them to make money, in return Id imagine Beth gets a share.

I must have been dillusional when I thought PR for a game should be free, or at Beth expense. Your aim is to get our attention

I imagine it's more a case of Bethesda selling their PR for good, ass-kissing reviews and awards.
As long as they get their guaranteed 9/10 reviews, Game of the Year awards and console sales, they'll be happy.
The fans? Fuck the fans, man. This is business.

Vault 69er said:
I imagine it's more a case of Bethesda selling their PR for good, ass-kissing reviews and awards.
As long as they get their guaranteed 9/10 reviews, Game of the Year awards and console sales, they'll be happy.
The fans? Fuck the fans, man. This is business.

And as long as the console kiddies or those who do not know what the original fallout was all about keep shelling out the green making Bethesda nice and fat they will just keep on trucking. Fuck it, game over

I don't think the console kiddies (as you call them) will be very happy with Fallout 3....

The FPS crowd (as I call them ;) ) will be very confused, I think, when it comes to making choices, and they, at a later time (maybe?) experience some consequence of these choices. The FPS crowd will also get very confused over this whole VATS thing as they don't understand, I believe, how Action Points work, and as such won't understand why they just can't plaff/pop/shoot super mutants all the time - with their ubar gear....

A FPS game is a very specifik game genre, and Fallout 3 is not such a game, however, nor does it seem to be an an exploring sandbox game like TES games or a more traditional roleplaying game, like the original Fallout games.

It seems to be sort of hybrid between GTA, Gears of War, TES games, with only a sprinkle of Fallout. It is just as if Bethsoft/Zenimax media decided to do their own post apoc game, set in Washington, and then realized the Fallout license/IP was up for graps. Being fans (or so they claim....) they just went and bought the license, and then the IP. Vaultboy's smile on everything supports this interpretation, I believe (although it, of course, is only a guess).

The problem with being big fans of something, and maybe especially Fallout is that (sometimes) you don't have the abiliy to (or can't?) distance yourself from the material at hand, stepping back and analyzing what made Fallout well Fallout. Brother None (kharn) did an amazingly good job at analyzing what Fallout is and especially what it isn't in his editorial on the topic/subject.

The trouble with Bethsoft is also that they don't have any writers (or many writers?) employed, I believe. This means that everyone things they can write a plot for a story in videogame, but doing this is actually as hard, if not harder and more difficult, than writing a story or plotline for a novel, regardless of genre.

Getting back the console kiddies or the FPS crowd, my guess is that they'd rather play Gears of War, FEAR or PREY.

aries369 said:
Getting back the console kiddies or the FPS crowd, my guess is that they'd rather play Gears of War, FEAR or PREY.

The future is going to be much more disturbing than that...

In terms of games coming out later this year, I have the stunning feeling that Bioshock will confuse and bewilder FPS-junkies(Why can't I pwn that Big Daddy!?), everyone will buy GTAIV and love it(I must admit, I'm looking forward to it), everyone with a Wii will buy Super Smash Bros. Brawl and will become fused to their seats via osmosis. Mass Effect will garner massive attention for it's morality issues (Do you beat up the alien to save the world, or just threaten him?). If Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out this year, I will spend the rest of my days in a cardboard box to celebrate.

Oh, and there's this little game called Halo 3, but I don't think it'll make that much of a splash...

Wooz said:
Fallout 3: Toilets In the wilderness. A post nuclear janitor game.

OMG... that'd be a perfect Space Quest/Fallout Hybrid. lol

I'd buy that in a heartbeat, knowing full well it'd be crap. *pun not intentional*

*grins in gleeful joy as I run off to write yet-another-unfinished-plotline*

Seraphim Pwns U said:
Wooz said:
Fallout 3: Toilets In the wilderness. A post nuclear janitor game.

OMG... that'd be a perfect Space Quest/Fallout Hybrid. lol

I'd buy that in a heartbeat, knowing full well it'd be crap. *pun not intentional*

*grins in gleeful joy as I run off to write yet-another-unfinished-plotline*

YAY! Will it star Roger Willco!?!??!

927957479-00.jpg

Maphusio said:

Of course... can't very well be a SQ/FO crossover without Roger!

I think I've got the corniest plot device to get him from Xenon to PA earth as well... let's just say Elmo Pug makes a startling comeback from his poverty... and he's accompanied by Howoid, the Obliterator.

lol... "SpacedOut! : A Post-Apocalyptic Janitorial Game"

Seraphim Pwns U said:
Maphusio said:

Of course... can't very well be a SQ/FO crossover without Roger!

I think I've got the corniest plot device to get him from Xenon to PA earth as well... let's just say Elmo Pug makes a startling comeback from his poverty... and he's accompanied by Howoid, the Obliterator.

lol... "SpacedOut! : A Post-Apocalyptic Janitorial Game"

"I wont put MY lips on that."

Back