Official Fallout tabletop roleplaying game announced

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
banner-solesurvivor_orig.jpg

A standalone roleplaying expansion for Fallout Wasteland Warfare has just been announced by developer Modiphius entertainment.

Modiphius entertainment said:
Delve into abandoned Vaults, ruined cities, strange facilities, and antiquated military bases. Encounter Super Mutants, Raiders, Survivors, Vault Dwellers, the Brotherhood of Steel, the Institute and the Enclave, and many more! Will you roam wide and far, or build up and protect your settlement? For those who want to create their own unique characters, use the faction based Archetype cards to start your own hero and see them grow from adventure to adventure.

Modiphius are developing two unique tabletop roleplaying game products based on the Fallout® videogame franchise. The first expanding on the narrative wargame experience of Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, their licensed tabletop miniatures game, while a second more traditional tabletop RPG will follow using the company’s 2d20 System (as seen in Mutant Chronicles, Infinity, Conan, Star Trek Adventures, and John Carter of Mars) in 2020.

Unfortunately for us it's not the pen and paper Fallout developed by Chris Avellone.

Yet more shitty bugthesda crap. They probably will send nylon map and cheap plastic figures, instead of proper ones.

It's a cashgrab, plain and Simple. Just like atoms in 76 or creation club.

Also even if it was decent, it's based on shitout 3 or 4, therefore it's shit.

LOL
12 pounds for dice? 12 pounds for some bottlecaps? With that money you could buy some Coke or beer and use those bottlecaps instead.

Seems pretty standard for board game expansions.

Wait, wait, Fallout Wasteland Warfare? InXile should sue Bethsoft for using the Wasteland name, as this is very confusing!

Wait, wait, Fallout Wasteland Warfare? InXile should sue Bethsoft for using the Wasteland name, as this is very confusing!
Beth already used the name for Fallout 4's DLC, Wasteland Workshop, but the 'farthest' Brian Fargo did was calling it out on Twitter, followed by people meme-ing about how it should be fine to use any of Beth's naming convention in the future

Honestly, I'm okay with this.
I've always said I've wanted an Official Fallout PnP, and if Bethesda aren't going to give me my Fallout Fix in video game form, I'd take a PnP game as a substitute any day.

why would they make a tabletop rpg based on a game that isn't even an rpg

Back