Official NMA General Shitposting Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
bit cold.jpg

I do not understand why people are afraid of dogs, dogs feel fear and because of this attack.

Because dogs have big sharp teeth, are prone to being assholes due to bad breeding and owners, and people these days rarely carry knives.

It's very nice work.

The motorized exit is impressive.

It reminds me of a suit that I made of the Rancor Pit beast; with motorized face and eyes using an old Robotix toy set that I used for the controller and motors, but of which I have no photos (after Hurricane Katrina). Prior to Katrina, I had the Rancor head and manacles mounted upon my wall like one might see done with a moose head.

I do have photos of the pre-cursor costume, also with motorized face, and built largely the same way, but later improved upon for the Rancor.

Troll:

TROLL.JPG

TROLL4.JPG

*This was an in-progress photo; the hips are unfinished.

The Rancor was this size also; biggest that I could manage from inside, and still walk.
The custom stilts for both of these suits were about 26" high.

For the Rancor (unlike the troll above), I used teased/frayed felt patches soaked in liquid latex to build a custom fit flexible leathery skin... similar to how one does papier-mâché—but with rubber and felt.

RANCOR.jpg

*Yes, the arms of the costume looked like that, but had manacles with 3' ship chain (imitation of course); aluminum endoskeleton, puppeted from the elbows by my wrists.

Last edited:
If you do a costume that big again try long gnarly looking fingers and a thinner body if possible. You really are a talented costume designer I cannot believe it took this long for you to post the stuff.

foodndrink-2.gif

If I do another one, it will be the ABC Warrior....

...or a W40k Dreadnought. Both seem like challenging fun. 8-)

I cannot believe it took this long for you to post the stuff.
I am sure that I have—somewhere here.

Here is me as Davy Jones: (The pirate, not the singer ;) )

davy jones2.jpg

*I do have two feet; this was just me acting the part.
My shin is strapped up under the cape. I walked around
like that for the day.

davy jones3.jpg

Last edited:
Back