Fallout 2 mod Olympus 2207 (english translation)

Keyboard Gecko

Fallout: Nevada translation is updated.
Olympus 2207
A Fallout 2 total conversion mod

Developed by: Nebesa Games (currently Dieselship Studio)

Description:

Olympus 2207 is a total conversion (modification) of Fallout 2, using its engine and basic mechanics. It features completely new graphics, additional gameplay changes and a new story in a new world, not related to the Fallout series.

It is the first part of the series.

The game features:
  • Brand new story, world and lore: explore the Radius and uncover its secrets!
  • More than 80 quests with branching options to solve them
  • The amount of in-game text is on par with Fallout 1
  • Overhaul of existing Fallout 2 mechanic, including Crafting, new perks and retooled skills.
  • Completely new graphics
  • Includes soundtrack from "The Glow Inc" created for the game.
The story:
The story revolves around one of the Servants of the Gods in a place called Tartarus. Life outside of Tartarus does not exist because of the Great War that took place many years ago. You do not know another life; it is difficult, but it makes sense. You and the likes of you need to work so everyone would thrive. Eventually, the Gods will cleanse the outside world, and everybody will be able to come there and live happily. Someday...

What if you find yourself beyond your home with no apparent way to go back?

>>> Download the game on official site. <<<

AND DON'T FORGET TO INSTALL PATCH.

>Join the official discord channel here.
>The translation repository lies here. Feel free to contribute.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS SECTION BELOW.
Q: I can't run the game! There's an error about "memory could not be read" or something.
A: Seems like you didn't install the game properly. First, install your copy of Fallout 2, then install Olympus in the same folder.
If you are using steam version of Fallout 2, there's a high chance you need to install Olympus into steam/steamapps/common/fallout 2.
If nothing works, just create an empty folder somewhere, copy fallout 2.exe from original fallout 2 into it, then install Olympus into this folder.

Q: The game crashes while I play!
A: Make sure to install the patch (link above). I hope eventually @Rainman will assemble a final fixed version, which won't require patch, but for now - that's how it is. And don't forget to report the bug here in thread or in the Olympus discord channel - (link above)

Q: The translation is wrong!
A: It has issues, yeah. You can contribute by pointing them out here or making commits to the translation repository. It will get better eventually.
Q: Where do I get the parts to fix the water pump in the tutorial section?
A: Talk to the kids in the Servants quarters area, search the car trunks in the parking lot.

Q: Where's the plunger?
A: Smitty can help you make one. Or there's one in one of locked containers in Rainbow.

Q: Where to get items from Douglas' list?
A: The plasma rifle prototype can be obtained in multiple ways in Livos. Just do the quests there and you will get one eventually. To get Rapture, do Apothecary's quests in Rainbow. Try to not eat it. Encyclopedia is granted by Mark, if you are willing to run around a lot. As for the Repair Kit - search around Loudmouth's room.

Q: Where to get the map parts for Renaissance?
A: You need to do the dirty work, feed the rodent, search around abandoned factory and find a book. Hope that helps.

Q: Why am I unable to get to this boxes in Tin Industries? There's something I need there, I know it!
A: One of the versions of Olympus had this nasty bug, where all hexes near that box were made unwalkable. It's a bug. Try to install patch and load an earlier save (where you haven't visited Tin Industries yet). If that doesn't help - try reistalling the game using the installation file from official site.

Q: How to find an Oasis?
A: Talk to Sebastian Schwein about the constitution. There might be other ways.

Q: Who's Naomi? And how to get to her?
A: Brick guards a warehouse, look into it. He is very much into Hog's girls, by the way.

Q: I sold/lost Baraka! Did I screw the playthrough?
A: Oozy mess, piece of plazma! Talk to Crank again, he'll ask you to bring him someone instead. If that fails too, talk to him again. It's hilarious.

Q: That damn Robotron doesn't accept Bigbats! I want him to shoot lazers again!
A: Uh, yeah, he actually uses Minibats for lasers. If you have them in inventory, you might be able to give them to him via the dialogue.

Last edited:
good luck with this endeavor! the OG Fallout modding community never stops to amaze me.

good luck withwork on this one..

Unfortuneatly I'm temporarily out.. as far as it goes for any internet activity (translating Sonora included).. some strange twist of fate caused me to shit with blood, so I'm currently in the middle of the process of finding out WTF is going on with me.

good luck withwork on this one..

Unfortuneatly I'm temporarily out.. as far as it goes for any internet activity (translating Sonora included).. some strange twist of fate caused me to shit with blood, so I'm currently in the middle of the process of finding out WTF is going on with me.

Bloody shit, mate, get well soon!

On a serious note, really, take your time, health is no joke. The translation is not going anywhere, lol.

On a side note, here's the translation progress. Because it's all about metrics that matters!

Thanks to everyone coming by on twitch, that's actually pretty funny)
If someone has any suggestions, put them there.

upload_2021-1-11_13-37-32.png

Was just about to shanghai you starting it, then I've seen your post ^^
Sadly I missed your stream, but, you got mail, ah.

Got that)
I'm doing streams at random, when I'm translating. Really helps to actually do something. I don't know why)

Progress Report:
The text translation is going steadily. I myself did take a bit of a break and did make some graphics translation work today.
qYYUXd5.png
TOAYOI7.png

jLmLKiF.png

Awesome work, I have a question for you, all interface elements (Skilldex, craft etc) are in text files or did you edit other files?

The most are in in text files, but quite a bit are also only graphics, for example many button texts in static menus.

If you want a direct count, it's 43 composed interface buttons (overlayed on top of a static screen, fe. the item hotbar, 2~3 states states per button), 37 static screens, one heck of a custom 26 frames animation and 27 composed custom combat buttons, so that makes it around 133 graphics to edit, not counting the unchanged vanilla fmr's of around 31 Item Interface descriptors (SINGLE, BURST, RELOAD, etc) and the 4 standard elevator graphics that are just exchanged for the US vanilla ones.
For the more curious, there is a complete list of graphics with text below.

Code:
Composed Interface Buttons (Normal/Pressed)
================================================
CHADN/UP         "CHA" button on hotbar
DI_DONE1/2       big chunky "DONE" button
ENDCMBTD/U       "END" open combat button on hotbar
ENDTURND/U       "TURN" open combat button on hotbar
INVBUTDN/UP      "INV"  button on hotbar
MAPDN/UP         "MAP" button on hotbar
OPTIDN/UP        "MENU" button on hotbar, has no text in vanilla
PIPDN/UP         "ORG" button on hotbar, in vanilla called "PIP" ofc

Static Screens (or at least all except the item hotbar and worldmap:
================================================
AUTOMAP          automap screen, "SCANNER" "CANCEL"
BARTER           normal barter screen, "OFFER" "TALK"
CALLED           called shot screen, "CANCEL"
CONTROL          npc control panel, 14 texts on background, buttons composed seperately
CUSTOM           npc custom combat panel, "DONE", rest of the buttons is composed seperately
DI_TALK          normal dialog interface "REVIEW" "TRADE"
DI_TALK2         party dialog interface, "REVIEW" "TRADE" "COMBAT CONTROL"
EDTRCRTE         create character screen, "ST" "PE" "EN" "CH" "IN" "AG" "LK" "SKILLS" "TAG SKILLS"
EDTREDT          ingame character screen, "ST" "PE" "EN" "CH" "IN" "AG" "LK" "SKILLS" "SKILLSPOINTS"
HELPSCRN         everything on the whole help screen (didn't touch the mac version because need to find the correct palette)
HR_IFACE_800E    high-res item hotbar, "I" "O" "SKILLDEX" "HP" "AC" "CRAFT" (last one is new in olympus), rest are composed buttons
IFACE_E          normal item hotbar, "I" "O" "SKILLDEX" "HP" "AC" "CRAFT" (last one is new in olympus), rest are composed buttons
INVBOX           inventory screen, "ARMOR" "ITEM 1" "ITEM 2" "DONE"
KARMAFDR         "KARMA" tab in character screen, has all 3 tabs in graphic with 1 highlighted
KILLSFDR         "KILLS" tab in character screen, has all 3 tabs in graphic with 1 highlighted
LOOT             looting screen, "TAKE ALL" "DONE"
MOVEMULT         move multiple items screen, "ALL" "OKAY" "CANCEL"
PERKSFDR         "PERKS" tab in character screen, has all 3 tabs in graphic with 1 highlighted
PICKCHAR         pick character menu, "TAKE" "MODIFY" CREATE CHARACTER" "BACK"
PIP              pipboy menu, "ALARM" "STATUS" "MAPS" "ARCHIVES" "CLOSE"
PREFSCRN         game options screen, the text at the top, nothing in vanilla
TRADE            npc trade screen, "TRADE" "TALK"
USE              use item on something screen, "CANCEL"
WM_*             the text for the worldmap location buttons, in this case 12 entries:
                 "TARTARUS" "METRO ST." "JACKALS" "LIVOS" "RAINBOW" "OASIS"
                 "OLYMPUS" "CANNERY" "ARMY HQ" "PEARSON" "BIOLAB #2" "NWO"
WMAPBOX          normal worldmap interface, "TOWN / WORLD"
WMINIFCE2        high-res worldmap interface, "TOWN / WORLD"

So, while I am quite happy with my work, I do hope we can persuate Red888 to either allow us access to the original sources for the graphics (and fonts used), or that he himself would make english versions at some point for the release. Without it, the nasty ones (combat button animation and custom controls) will be quite aggravating (in wich case I would do some complete own ones I guess)^^" /WoT

Last edited:
So yeah, the status report! I know that everybody is excited about that.

First of all, I'm joined by Matt_Drax, and he's awesome, and the translation process got faster. If we won't kill each other over the little things, like names and translation details, then the result will be delivered much earlier than I anticipated. So that's great, yay!

Second, we swapped version of game we are translating to, I guess, crazy edition? Or fixed one? I don't know and I'm not sure why. But the amount of dialogue files changed from 174 to a whopping 239, so that's a thing now, I suppose. Oh well.

And again, the stats! (I've spent literally an hour to count it, while I could be making progress in translation, so there. Count it as work done.)

upload_2021-1-31_17-1-26.png

Awesome news. As I remember in 'normal' version there are about 239 dialogue files and in fixed version about 241, but I need to check it.

And, of course, some fooling around. Or teasers, I dunno

upload_2021-1-31_18-2-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-31_17-13-22.png
    upload_2021-1-31_17-13-22.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 523
Awesome news. As I remember in 'normal' version there are about 239 dialogue files and in fixed version about 241, but I need to check it.
Yup, it was essentially only one new file from original to fixed edition, and that one is a oneliner. I did even make a diff between the versions and read through all of that, but pretty much everything else was only encoding changes @Foxx made, so I switched our base to FE. I guess @Keyboard Gecko just thought the old Demo/GT files were everything xD

Good to know that, I checked couple of files but all differences were typos, so translation should work with any game edition. You saved me a couple of hours, thanks :D

Again, some stats. We are alive and kickin.

upload_2021-2-8_17-9-28.png

Some screens - mostly raider gang named the Sunset Jackals.
And, of course, a little showcase of the beautiful interface work by Matt Drax.

upload_2021-2-8_17-18-42.png

upload_2021-2-8_17-13-50.png

upload_2021-2-8_17-12-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-8_17-15-53.png
    upload_2021-2-8_17-15-53.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 509
Back