Panther Pack

Grayswandir

Mildly Dipped

Do you remember this conversation with this npc from the Broken Dream Café? How he kept complaining that he should have been in the game, and that everytime the Whitey changes the rules?
Too much frames they said! If he could hold off the son of...

Well this conversation is about to become obsolete...
See for yourself:

The Black Tribal. (Ok, this one is only half black :) )

The Black Vaultie

The Black Mad Max (my favorite and the best result...)

The leather armor

Metal Armor

I will need a week or so to test and adjust the firing frame of the flamer and the minigun; But in a week or so, you should be able to play as a black Chosen One...
Oh and for once, the girls hasn't been forgotten!!!
There frames are made too!

Remember thought, that I am not a professional artist, or anything, and that the frm sur won't be as good as if they have been made by the original team...

Grayswandir said:
Oh and for once, the girls hasn't been forgotten!!!
There frames are made too!

Do they look like Lynette when wearing the vault suit?

How dare you? Dame Lynette is meant to be unique and will stay so!
How could i touch her cute little dread?
No they look more like this

Yes, most look like they just need to take a shower or two or three. ;)

I like the Leather Armor dude. Even if not as a player model, I would like to have him for npcs.

Most of them looks more like latinos than black...
Oh? What's the diff.... Oups, bad joke, sorry :D

Which ones in particular ?(the tribal excepted, I can't go any further with this one, twas a mistake to show it here)

It's also the first time for me I see them aside, with a dark background, so any extern advice will be appreciated...

Would it be a better Idea to aim at a latinos hero, or is it really no good Idea at all?

I like the Leather Armor dude. Even if not as a player model, I would like to have him for npcs.
Granted! :D
Well, I still have to redo the shooting animation for the big guns, and then i can send them to you, or upload it at the repositery.

And this one is a Latino too, no? That's my replacement for Mordinos guard...

Skynet said:
Most of them looks more like latinos than black...

Lexx said:

Are you telling that latinos are dirty, gringo? You've got big cojones, don't you! :evil:

[spoiler:0a5f79031e]Relax, I'm kidding! I know you didn't mean that! :mrgreen:[/spoiler:0a5f79031e]

The models are great, keep up the good work! Looking forward to see Vic's model replaced by this one - I've always thought the fat model belongs to Big Jesus Mordino. :)

Makenshi said:
Lexx said:

Are you telling that latinos are dirty, gringo? You've got big cojones, don't you! :evil:

lol, no. It's just that most of the critter looks like they just have a dirty skin (like the raiders in Fallout 3). :P

I also like him:

nmmexaab2ak3.gif

Would be great too to use him (in the game). :)

lol, no. It's just that most of the critter looks like they just have a dirty skin (like the raiders in Fallout 3).

Ouch, dude, that's hurt!
May i remind that some of them are actually original black men from the game? like the metal armor guy for instance?
And all of my models have the exact same skin... So if one is bad the others are too.

Why not copy & guard those latino-like frames for a future latino hero and then use those to as the base for a black hero?

Don't know if I can get darker without destroying the frame. Changing all the frame automatically is like trowing paint at a paper, the "latino" was a good compromise between too dark and too destroyed.
So it would be easier for me to redo the original "black" as latinos, as to try again a black guy. It's a matter of ten pixel that are too red, and i want to repaint them with a bazooka...

edit
Now, would this be black enought? and still enjoyable?
First one is the white, second the latino, third the actual black.

tribal:

Madmaxx:

The metal armor :

the leather armor:

Please no comment with "some of them", say wich one...
The little imperfection on the leather armor are inevitable, and the latino metal armor is in fact the black one from the original game. I still have to work on a chicano one.
If it is good enought for you, I will start the production of all frm...

Not bad, man. Not bad at all. You've certainly done better than i did when i tried it. You've got some colour distortion going on on the LTHR frames, and the tribal frames. But the MAXX frames came out pretty well (as the orginal colours are dark anyway) and the METL frames look good (trousers are a little distorted)

I would welcome the possibility to be able to play a black character, even if the colours are a little distorted. The main benefit of this mod is there's no modding required. We just copy the new FRM's into the data\art folder and it's ready to go. Can we see them in-game? In fact - it would be good if you could post a few completed FRM's (say, tribal AA and AB) so we can see how the colours look in-game...

I would prefer the light brown (middle one) just for convenience, the darker color makes the details less visible. Would like to play a black character, though there should really be gameplay differences too (how people react, different quests).

I have uploaded all the current state of my work here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BGEJVAF
I you want to test it ingame...
The files are located in the file Black powa, the light brown are in the latino guy files, and the dark black in the black guy file...
The Big gun animation need some work still.

I wonder if Metzger would accept a Black to enter the guild or if he would try to atack him directly... You would have to find an intermediary to free Vic...

These are fine, but the darkest tribal is too black, I think, he should be a bit lighter. Also when you get these 100% complete, i'd like to see them in the next RP (wink wink, Killap.)

Grayswandir said:
How dare you? Dame Lynette is meant to be unique and will stay so!
How could i touch her cute little dread?
No they look more like this

Uniquely annoying maybe, but if you don't mean that and you are not sarcastic, I don't understand what you are trying to say here, 'cos I can't figure any character in the whole game more annoying than that b*tch Lynette.

Some people seems to have problem when confronted with women in position of power. I don't. :D Me like that very much!

But more seriously, I think my point was more to say : no, I can"t make a hero model like Lynette, than to start a discussion in the modding section about the awesomeness of this specific and oh so pretty Npc... :wink:

So. What do you think? Is it possible to create a black dude as the player? I like the idea and would really like to see this finished.

I think ist ist possibily, look

Grayswandir said:
Maybe. But again, one of this fellow was white before...Can someone guess which one is the vanilla one? :D

So I think it should be possible to complete the missing frame starting from the white hero frame.

But more important, I have done AA and AB for the Metal, and AB for the leather. We are allowed to reverse the frames right?
Any special difficulties concerning that?
I think i am gonna try 2 per day, concentring myself on leather and metal. I check up with you next sunday.

Back