Pentiment - Historical RPG by Josh Sawyer

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Proletären, Jun 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012

What Is Obsidian’s Pentiment? -IGN

Homepage: https://www.obsidian.net/news/obsidian/obsidian-entertainment-announces-pentiment

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Part of the game's description reminds me of Disco Elysium a bit so I am quite intrigued by the game now. Plus it seems to be a pet project of Josh Sawyer which was what initially grabbed my attention when I saw the trailer earlier today.

This is likely a game that I will keep on my radar.

3. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    Pentiment seems pertinent.

4. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    In regards to that Josh Sawyer had the following to say:

5. william dempsey

Jan 23, 2022
    Josh Sawyer had the following to say:

I would say that DE and this game are ' Advanced Point and click or run games with added headstuff ' Broke Sword on amphetamines.

6. Paladin Hank

Paladin Hank Still Mildly Glowing

May 6, 2018
    Disco Elysium set in Medieval times? Count me in!

7. william dempsey

Jan 23, 2022
    Disco Elysium set in Medieval times? Count me in! That Tom Sawyer guy said it does not play like DE.. Play the video Early Broken Sword came to mind but obviously as time moves forward through the Cosmos the evolution of games adds and subtracts what it thinks we should play. Cuno says do I 4kin CARE

8. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    I really wish I liked Disco more. Maybe if the world was larger than my dick.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. william dempsey

Jan 23, 2022
    Lol you stay in that first area until Wednesday. No disrespect to Paladin Hank but the cunt looks worse if he gets a shave. If there's room in the shitposting I could put up cockney/scouse accents or you check it out. An ask me any question you want about Liverpool can't guarantee I will be able to answer.
    Who said Liverpool is the world in one city .. erm Charles Dickens ?

10. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Nah I explored the whole map I was right at the end I just burnt out on this tiny shitty adventure game that everyone got hard dicks over due to commie/anarcho shit.

11. william dempsey

Jan 23, 2022
    Nah I explored the whole map I I meant when I played it the first area hotel and the cuno kid with scouse accent ish and the 2 borin old fuckers playing boules. I could not get across canal until I triggered something. An yes I saw lots of gripes about the politics online. I commented on me chestikov2011 accy and some people freaked. All I said it's a glorified point and click with a bit of headstuff no great shakes so hyped up to 4k. For weeks an weeks people comin back at me.. FOOLS. At the end of the day I thought it was ok to good but never cum me load like the fanboys.

12. Paladin Hank

Paladin Hank Still Mildly Glowing

May 6, 2018
    Obviously it won't play like DE... I was just pointing out the similarities between the two-- namely, that they are both narrative-focused crpgs in which the player must solve a murder. Hopefully Pentiment will be as unique and memorable as DE was.
    People didn't fall in love with DE simply because you could play as a communist. They fell in love with it because it is a genuinely groundbreaking rpg. Can you think of any other rpg where your thoughts act as skills and influence dialogue choices? Not to mention the fact that the game doesn't rely on combat to engage the player, unlike most rpgs (except PST). You may not personally like the game, but to completely dismiss it is a little silly.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  13. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Imma play it, but not on release date because it comes out on November and Pokeymans comes out on november as well.
    Looks interesting, I am a fan of Josh Sawyer's design philosophies so I look forward to it, the visual style is also pretty unique.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  14. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Here's an overview of the game by Josh Sawyer himself:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    They had me at "game by Josh Sawyer".

16. william dempsey

Jan 23, 2022
    Hank, Mr Paladin, a free game called ' The Looker ' may be right up your street. It is a puzzler parody that references books !
    Just a heads up in case you have not heard of it.

17. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Sawyer kinda fucked PoE up (changed things that annoyed hardcore nerds) by being so overly autistic and irritating the fanbase so I have little faith in this title. I will buy it on sale though.