Perception Fallout 4 SPECIAL video

The whole idea of Vaults is for people to stay in them their entire lives.

That's not true. Vault 8 opened two years after the war if I remember correctly, and Vault 13 was supposed to open 20 years after the war (at least that's what they were told). Most Vaults were programmed to open after a set amount of time, usually bellow the 100 year mark.

I take comfort in the fact that mods will come and fix what Beth has done to perks, skills, and SPECIAL.

Not even modders will be able to fix this shit. BCs betty fanboys don't like skills anyway, so unless someone from here attempts to re-add the skill system into the game(most likely impossible with the GECK) I don't see that happening.

True, they don't, but keep in mind, someone brought Attributes back in Skyrim. In a basic way, granted, but if the groundwork is there, others can come and improve things.

I take comfort in the fact that mods will come and fix what Beth has done to perks, skills, and SPECIAL.

Not even modders will be able to fix this shit. BCs betty fanboys don't like skills anyway, so unless someone from here attempts to re-add the skill system into the game(most likely impossible with the GECK) I don't see that happening.

True, they don't, but keep in mind, someone brought Attributes back in Skyrim. In a basic way, granted, but if the groundwork is there, others can come and improve things.

Yeah, those low IQ idiots don't like to deal with numbers. /s

I actually lost a friend who went berserk over the removal of skills and attacked everyone on his Facebook who wouldn't agree with him that 4 would be utter shit now. So I wouldn't make that assumption. Just casuals who don't even use forums and only play consoles probably don't care for skills.

At the very least Perception seems to have more put into it than 3 and New Vegas had, which is the only real good quality removing skills has done.

Perception was odd in those games. It didn't do much, but two of the very best perks available (Better Criticals and Sniper) required a moderate investment in Perception. New Vegas doubled down on making it extra irrelevant since ED-E covers all the "spotting enemies on the radar" function better than you ever could.

On the contrary, ED-E perception bonus stacked with yours. On a 10 perception character it's possible to see enemies on your compass that are outside your draw distance. Incredibly useful for a character that avoids fights, like a diplomat or thief.

Back