Perks Reviewed, mostly all useless.

Comprehension is actually pretty good this time around. There's a ton of skill books (I found 4 in Minefield alone), so this really helps you out.

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Comprehension is actually pretty good this time around. There's a ton of skill books (I found 4 in Minefield alone), so this really helps you out.

I agree wholeheartedly. I saved up my skill books from the start in prep for this perk and it is worth grabbing. In total I heard there are around 350 books. Assuming you find at least 1/4 of those without trying hard thats close to 90 plus extra skill points, or approximately 5 levels worth of points for a high Int player. The lower your Int, the better it scales.

madmaligor said:
... In total I heard there are around 350 books. Assuming you find at least 1/4 of those without trying hard thats close to 90 plus extra skill points, or approximately 5 levels worth of points for a high Int player. The lower your Int, the better it scales.
GameFAGs states there are 25 skill books for every skill except barter which has only 24. With 8 maxed skills and comprehension using all the books associated with the 8 maxed skills would free up 400 points!!!! You only have 5 skills left to max and all of them would get around 50 points unto their base value. If base is zero, we would need 250 points to max the last 5 skills. If the total number of skill books is correct than you can max ALL skills with Int 10, most likely you wouldn´t even need 10 Int.

Base average is 19 + 324 skill books +bobbleheads = 247 +324 +130 = 701
Or 1025 with comprehension. That leaves 275 skillpoints to max all skills. Comprehension needs Int 4 => at level 20 you have gained 266 level up skill points. Leaves 9 or ONE +5 perk rank.

Please tell me that is not true. :puppy-dog:

Without comprehension we have 701 skill points. Int 10 results in 380 skill points at lvl 20, so 1081. Leaves 219. Educated are another 48 skill points. So we need to 171 through perks. "Size matters" grants +45 points. Others grant +30. 4 perks with +30 and Size matters= 165. So another +5 perk rank is needed.

Found another questionable use of "Child at Heart." In Rivet City the drunkards brat will steal ammo for you if you dare him. So far I'm really not impressed with this perk but I haven't been to Little Lamplight yet either.

What about the quest perks? If you talk Moira out of writing her books you get this: Dream Crusher - Enemy has 50% smaller chance to critical hit you.

That seems to be much better than what you get when you complete the quest.

Rad regeneration - You regenerate crippled limbs when exposed to radiation

and

Survival expert - +4% to poison, radiation and damage resistance.

Kashrlyyk said:
What about the quest perks? If you talk Moira out of writing her books you get this: Dream Crusher - Enemy has 50% smaller chance to critical hit you.

That seems to be much better than what you get when you complete the quest.

Rad regeneration - You regenerate crippled limbs when exposed to radiation

and

Survival expert - +4% to poison, radiation and damage resistance.

You also get another bonus which depens on your choice of words after finishing each submission. I for example got a bonus to speech and sneak by using mostly Charisma answers.
Also how strong the perks are depends on the amount of bonus objectives you completed.

Back