Play on after ending

I don't think it's possible, though I've heard rumours about it. I've tried it myself, it doesn't seem possible.

But then again, I once had a huge argument about saving the Hub. I don't think that's possible either.

I've read somewere that you can, I think the BIS boards said how, but I've never tried it myself.

It is possible. At the end of Fallout, when the Overseer tells you to leave, there is afterwards a short period in which you see yourself in the cave outside V13 and the Overseer walking back in. This sequence was created so that Bloody Mess characters would get a chance to pull out a handgun and blast the Overseer to bits (it happens automatically and is fairly cool). However, any old character can use this time to hit the combat hotkey (what it is escapes me) and enter combat, allowing them to keep on playing. Never tried it myself.

I've tried that but the game still does freeze...though I was able to enter Vault 13 under that period, but after I tried to leave it froze...

This was added in Per Jorners FO I guide...

Spazmo said:
It is possible. At the end of Fallout, when the Overseer tells you to leave, there is afterwards a short period in which you see yourself in the cave outside V13 and the Overseer walking back in. This sequence was created so that Bloody Mess characters would get a chance to pull out a handgun and blast the Overseer to bits (it happens automatically and is fairly cool). However, any old character can use this time to hit the combat hotkey (what it is escapes me) and enter combat, allowing them to keep on playing. Never tried it myself.

I tried this once...if I remember correctly, it didn't work. Either the game froze like Frank said or I got out of the cave and the ending video played. (I always played with Bloody Mess, so I always got that ending. I like the idea of last minute justice a lot more than just leaving, too :twisted: )

Spazmo said:

yes... midsize... is correct

I also tried this

you click the key A and enter attack mode... but when you enter the exit grud... the video launches

also... you don't have to have bloddy mess to kill the overseer...I think... (99% sure) that if you're evil you kill the overseer

i hope it's not too late for a reply.
i did this succesfully on several occasions. hit a to enter combat mode - if i remember correctly you have to do it BEFORE you talk to Overseer, however i'm not sure. now walk towards the exit from the cave. when you have only one AP left, close combat mode and then immediately open it. repeat this process until you reach the cave entrance grid. if this doesn't work, then you must first enter the Vault and then head for the cave entrance. once you succeed, don't come back to Vault, because you'll have to go through same trouble all over again.

maybe it freezes because of a bug... I know I did it, you must leave at least one AP, then pres enter fast several times to re-enter turn based mode and be able to move again.

however, you need an average or high sequence, or else overseer may interupt

what does everyone get so upset about when you re-enter the Vault? I thought the ending was just scripted... so it seems strange that they're all so pissed off about the overseer dying.. since I'm sure the programmers didn't plan on your character going into the vault during that end sequence.

Back