Pocket Fallout Update

Morbus

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Early this month Pocket Fallout’s website was updated with quite a few new things, namely new look and a Game section, as well as a “donate” button.<blockquote>Fallout for Pocket PC is a freeware close-coded game engine for Windows Mobile 2002, 2003SE, 5.0 with open map and script editors, allowing anyone to create SPECIAL-based Fallout-like RPG for PDA (even a complete port of desktop F1&2).

"Fallout: Back to U.S.S.R." is a game project, based on the FPPC engine, telling us a story about what happened on the other side of the world on post-nuclear Russia territory. Without vaults mutation rates and peoples destiny is much more severe here. You will play one of the apocalypse survivor and find your role in the plot of an organisation calling themselves - neocommunists. Will you decide to stop the raising plague of a new society based on Lenin and Stalin testaments or join the ranks of those who is building a new "bright future" on the ashes of nuclear war? Destiny is yours, comrade!"</blockquote>Link: Pocket Fallout

Thanks Bytez.

This looks like it going to be a pocket full of laughs. I always wondered what a futuristic version of 1950's Russia after being nuked might look like.

Von Drunky said:
This looks like it going to be a pocket full of laughs. I always wondered what a futuristic version of 1950's Russia after being nuked might look like.

A lot like Chernobyl/STALKER ?

... but with more vacuum tubes.

Nobody is making a Fallout port for anything. Pocket Fallout isn't a port, either. The source code for Fallout has not been released, and probably never will be.

shihonage said:
Nobody is making a Fallout port for anything. Pocket Fallout isn't a port, either. The source code for Fallout has not been released, and probably never will be.

I didn't say it was. It's just something I've been dreaming about for a while now. I'm allowed to dream, dammit!

It might be a tad difficult to play Fallout on a handheld though..

Or maybe it's just me, uncomfortable with everything due to my oaf sized hands? :lol:

No portable PCs whatsoever here, so I don't care about it frankly. Besides, playing Fallout requires time and concentration.

Fallout probably works fine on those pocket Windows PCs which use 640x480. If people ran Starcraft on them, why not Fallout ?

octotron said:
I like their latest news post where it says:
Stay tune and be afraid to ask and suggest your thoughts on forums!

And people say NMA is a tough hangout! :)

Thanks, friend, it's fixed now! :)

Our project is not an exact port as we are creating a brand new engine optimized for PDAs, but the graphics looks very close to the original Fallout.

You can check the lastest alpha screen here:
http://www.pocketfallout.net/images/Fallout_640x480.JPG

Also the engine will be open-based and modders friendly with script, dialogue and map editors, so after the initial release you will be able to add as many of your own-created modules (cities, villages, random encounters) to the game map as you like.

Here is a Pocket Fallout world map, representing a large part of Eastern Europe:
http://www.pocketfallout.net/images/worldmap.gif

If your module will be good, you can publish it on our website or probably NMA for other gamers. They can easily download, attach it to the game map and play your module. So the look of post-apocalyptic USSR will depend 50% on your efforts.

Our project is non-commercial and we don't have many designers available, that's why we will create only few major cities and main questline, the other content is up to the community, you can create it as you like!

Have fun and stay tuned at http://www.pocketfallout.net/!

Back