Post Terrible Fallout Faction Ideas

Primitive tribe called Scrubs that spends days collecting every trash they come across.

When they are ready, they ambush a caravan and sell everything to them. Then they take off with pay, leaving merchants only with tin cans, empty bottles and paperweights.

They dump everything they earned on huge piles in their caves, mostly never touching it again. In battles instead of using stimpaks or drugs they just chew 10 cans of spam and return to fight.

The Nerevarines. They wear golden masks, wield spears and run around shouting "where's Balmora?", "streamlining is good", "port from XBox to PC, not the other way round", "Todd deserves a promotion", "scale my level".

Last edited:
The concept of a faction is subtly inherently political already.

And obvious political motivations are terrible. Glad somebody got the joke.

One faction could be the Phantom Menaces. It consists of an annoying CGI alien, a 10 year old blonde kid who can't act, and Liam Neeson. They race pods across the desert while using their midi-clorian based telekinetic powers to fight the Enclave. At some point during their quest line, the kid would go bad and join his sworn enemies. That kid's name? Frank Horrigan.

...I'm not so sure how "terrible," it is, but I figure it's still a safe bet.

The faction is basically comprised of a bunch of tribals who stumbled across a theatre with several reels that managed to survive the Great War. The group then began to adopt a sort of belief system that takes the idea of being "immortalized on film" to a rather serious degree, considering everything from other reels to photographs to be one big "vision" of the old world, as well as a preservation of old souls that would otherwise have been lost forever; they also try to keep their home theatre in relatively good repair, although actual viewing is restricted to members only. Getting your picture taken is a big deal, and destruction of photos or film reels is tantamount to a combination of murder and desecrating somebody's grave. While not particularly aggressive, they are meticulous about preserving the stuff and make a point of trying to emulate the general styles and attitudes exhibited within said film reels.

I can't quite settle on a name. A few hypotheticals include the "Reelers," "Black'n'Whites," and "Projectionists." Any actual fighting portion would probably be called the "Ushers."

The faction is basically comprised of a bunch of tribals who stumbled across a theatre with several reels that managed to survive the Great War. The group then began to adopt a sort of belief system that takes the idea of being "immortalized on film" to a rather serious degree, considering everything from other reels to photographs to be one big "vision" of the old world, as well as a preservation of old souls that would otherwise have been lost forever; they also try to keep their home theatre in relatively good repair, although actual viewing is restricted to members only. Getting your picture taken is a big deal, and destruction of photos or film reels is tantamount to a combination of murder and desecrating somebody's grave. While not particularly aggressive, they are meticulous about preserving the stuff and make a point of trying to emulate the general styles and attitudes exhibited within said film reels.

I can't quite settle on a name. A few hypotheticals include the "Reelers," "Black'n'Whites," and "Projectionists." Any actual fighting portion would probably be called the "Ushers."

Other than the concept of tribals being incredibly stupid (you can't nuke a civilization into the stone age, you can only nuke them pre-industrial or kill them off entirely) this isn't a bad idea. Have it be a cult, and have the member venerate people from old family photographs too, as a kind of collective ancestor worship and appealing to their ghosts for boons and blessings.

Yeah, this belongs in the 'Post Awesome Fallout Factions' thread.

This is actually difficult for me...

*Edit I noticed there were categories being prompted. I didn't like them and chose to ignore them.

Lets see, garbage faction ideas heh.
  1. A group of roaming unarmed invaders from Central America that have embraced pacifism. Their objective is to find Quetzalcoatl a new home (Quetzalcoatl in this case are the remains of a prewar salamander).
  2. Prime Dirt Sellers (TM) which is a faction dedicated to the acquisition and sale of fine dirt products. *Fine dirt refers to the how coarse the dirt is, not it's quality. Prime Dirt Sellers (TM) is not responsible for purchaser's lack of comprehension of the disclaimer or the definition of "coarse".*
  3. An entire army of deadly malfunctioning military robots permanently stuck in a logic loop of retreat for a prewar training exercise. When they are encountered by outside forces the entire army of robots flees in the best possible route of egress. Needless to say they don't stick around in the same place for long and when cornered they simply play dead.
  4. A faction of xenophobic people previously stranded on an island used to store empty oil drums for a nearby oil refinery. They have adapted to the way of the hermit crab and now use oil drums as mobile homes in the same way the hermit crab does. They often make odd clicking sounds, hide in their barrels when they see movement, and search the ground for edible items.
To be honest I'm not sure my concept of garbage factions "fits". I tried at least.

A Psyker who fakes being psychic to convince the actually-psychic population he rules over to subconsciously do whatever he says he wants to happen using their psychic power.

Imagine this. A tribe of religious fanatics that worship the railroads, and their big dumb leader whos got gigantic muscles tried to steer the train and it crashed, making him lose his arm in the process. He was so mad, that he decided to make all of his elite guard chop off one of their arms to show loyalty, even though it makes all of them into uncoordinated buffoons who can't operate or reload rifles or other heavy weaponry and ultimately makes staging a coup against their one armed theocracy incredibly easy. They can have a dispute over a railspike... or a wheel or something, blah, honor something like that.

A group of Vault Dwellers who gamble their vault in a game of cards with nothing to gain, and everything to lose, then fill half the vault with concrete, and turn the other half into a novelty hotel.

A faction of people who are searching for functioning or better obtained cars. But instead of using or repair them they will only want the best parts to build a rediculous machine for there machine god.

A group of Vault Dwellers who gamble their vault in a game of cards with nothing to gain, and everything to lose, then fill half the vault with concrete, and turn the other half into a novelty hotel.
Hey now, that's a bit too silly!

In their defense, House did the latter part. Though why he did the concrete thing when he could have just used cool shit from the vault like its water purifier to help undercut water prices on the strip and get extra cash, I'll never know.

Back