Posters!

Diarmada said:
Zaron said:
The fact that the pictures are uploaded on a website that sells windows to churches is pretty humoristic...

Heh, you noticed that...well, what can I say, nazis propaganda posters on a religious glass company site, its irony is too heavy handed to further exploit...

Actually, I see a connection here...

You don't happen to have some swedish propaganda do you? One that I really like is the one that says 'A swedish tiger' but refers to 'A swede shuts the fuck up' or such.
Most of you might not see the 'humor' in this, since it has a double-sense in the swedish language, but other swedes knows what I'm talking about...

Here you go...

svensktiger.jpg

Zaron said:
Diarmada said:
Zaron said:
The fact that the pictures are uploaded on a website that sells windows to churches is pretty humoristic...

Heh, you noticed that...well, what can I say, nazis propaganda posters on a religious glass company site, its irony is too heavy handed to further exploit...

Actually, I see a connection here...

You don't happen to have some swedish propaganda do you? One that I really like is the one that says 'A swedish tiger' but refers to 'A swede shuts the fuck up' or such.
Most of you might not see the 'humor' in this, since it has a double-sense in the swedish language, but other swedes knows what I'm talking about...

I have no idea about what your talking about!

Dude, use the 'quote' function to quote just what you need, use the spellcheck function to avoid spelling mistakes, and use your brain before posting.

Kthx.

Will Power said:
I have no idea about what your talking about!

He might have exaggerated the "all swedes know"-bit a tad, but it's a part of our history. You should read about it somewhere. *hint hint*

Wooz said:
Dude, use the 'quote' function to quote just what you need, use the spellcheck function to avoid spelling mistakes, and use your brain before posting.

Kthx.

Sorry, didn't notice the spellcheck funktion! And I was in a rush when i wrote the post, so I didn't have time to shorten the quote.

Wikipedia on Sweden during World War II said:
En svensk tiger (English: A Swedish Tiger), a famous World War II poster reminding Swedes to be wary of spies asking questions. Svensk can mean both "Swedish" and "Swede" while tiger could be read as either the animal or "keeps his mouth shut," giving the poster the double meaning "A Swedish Tiger" and "A Swede keeps his mouth shut." Comparable in use to "Loose lips sink ships" in the US.

It probably doesn't get anymore clear than that. All this reminds me of a video, in which Sweden is appointed as a hedgehog in the Nuclear-question. Can't remember everything, besides that I liked the funny song.

Finlanders.jpg

weird
It says Finlanders but I think its for th Flemish (belgium)
translation:
"For your honor and conscience. Go!
against the Bolshevism (Russians)

The Waffen-SS call's you!"

Mh. It's a WWI poster, but i think it's fallout'ish enough. Didnt find higher res, tho :(

usw1libif8.jpg

And a few random other ones:

sacrificela1.jpg

liberatorskulturterroraqs6.jpg

chpuspropagandafk8.jpg

Morale poster

I loved one of poster posted by Diarmada. I wanted to make small A4 poster to decorate my room. Unfortunately I had only one low quality photo so result isn't perfect. I've succesfully replaced ALERT AMERICA and Civil Defense logo (still I'm missing small text in the corner). Also I've denoised it, slightly changed colour and fixed perspective.
Small preview
morale_cd_poster_small.jpg

A4 sized
I hope i'll find better photos of this poster.

Hmm I knew the one with the brahminesque Hitler/Hirohito from an history manual in middle school...

I remember an italian one depicting a thug-looking american soldier - well pilot, if I remember correctly, a thompson in its hand, with the american flag tied like a scarf around the neck.
Standing on a pile of debris and corpses, in a pose not unlike the artwork from Fallout 1 with the vault dwellers couple... (well, sort of).

Edit : found it !

gangsterspilotimo1.jpg

From the page of answers.com, the translation goes as this :
" The inhumane crimes of the gangster pilots exclude for ever the US from the commonwealth of civilized states ".

As a bonus, the webpage cited this website as a source :
http://www.fronta.cz/sekce/propaganda-plakaty-letaky-druha-svetova-valka

From what I can phonetically read, there are soviet ones, german, spanish (or not. "Spojenecké" ?), tchecoslovakian (sp?) and some various ones.
[/quote]

Spojenecké = Allied

And the "Finlanders" poster isn't focused on Finnish but rather on Flemish people. There was a Flemish SS divison in WW2...

Back