Pulp Fiction thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by AccountNameM, Apr 2, 2016.

1. AccountNameM

AccountNameM ?

Mar 23, 2016
    I really fucking love Pulp Fiction, and feel it needs its own dedicated thread.

2. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Slippy sloppy, The

Sep 11, 2010
    Overrated trash.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Aug 16, 2010
    Like every single Tarantino movie, really.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Izak

Izak I Shot The ALBATROSS

Jan 29, 2016
    I liked the diner and pawn shop scenes, the rest was meh. That said, Reservoir Dogs was fucking awesome.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  5. Spacemunkey

Spacemunkey Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 4, 2015
    Is Tarantino the most creative director in Hollywood, absolutely not, but he is good at paying homage to the genres and filmmakers who were and I think his films are fun.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. mrchaos

mrchaos Super Orc

Nov 14, 2015
    The I shot marvin in the face scene was awesome.

7. Illuminati Confirmed!

Illuminati Confirmed! Banned

Dec 15, 2015
    And here I was, hoping that this thread would recommend some cheesy literature.

The movie was a lot more fun when I was younger. Music is decent, though.

8. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    By the way, I don't actually think Pulp Fiction is trash, but I do think the films are getting a bit overrated. Maybe the reason why people are so "ohmygosh" about them is because in comparison to the rest of the dreck that is pumped out of cesspool movie industry it makes his work stand out as being amazing.

To me, Tarantino films is what an 'average' film should be like.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  9. mrchaos

mrchaos Super Orc

Nov 14, 2015
    I don´t think it´s overrated, its more of a case of nostalgia, coupled with memes (english mother***ker, do you speak it?), makes a movie like pulp fiction, in the mind of the general population, of higher quality than a average movie of today.

10. ZigzagPX4

ZigzagPX4 The Swiftness of the Ranger

Nov 22, 2015
    You and every other person I run into on this site. The standards of everyone here are fairly insane. Games, music, movies, whatever. Seems like you expect quality to be the norm.

11. Spacemunkey

Spacemunkey Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 4, 2015
    I absolutely expect quality to be the norm if I A. pay you my hard earned money B. you have budget that exceeds most peoples lifetime earnings and C. are paid shit tons of money to produce said product. Far too many people accept mediocrity and hand wave it away by saying things like, "it wasn't good, but it wasn't horrible either," or the ever so popular "it wasn't great but it was better than (insert earlier shittier version here)."

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  12. ZigzagPX4

ZigzagPX4 The Swiftness of the Ranger

Nov 22, 2015
    Well, I would rather call my low standards "realistic expectations of the entertainment industry" to be honest. I haven't got all that much money to throw at them but I wouldn't expect them to deliver something actually worth that money every time it's paid. Comes with the generation I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea that quality should be the norm and that creators and companies should be getting shit together more often, but I've never actually seen any living proof of that being possible in any form.

13. Someone should start an overrated movies thread. I've seen a fair amount of people call out scarface as overrated. I rewatched it recently on netflix and....... I still love it, maybe it's over quoted, not overrated though.

14. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    I don't expect it, I demand it.