Recommended Unpopular Games\Bands

I love Tech N9ne. I met him when I worked at a radio station a few years back, and the guy is a BLAST to hang out with. (His music is probably the best rap music coming out by anyone not named Nas or Outkast, too.)

Brendon said:
I love Tech N9ne. I met him when I worked at a radio station a few years back, and the guy is a BLAST to hang out with. (His music is probably the best rap music coming out by anyone not named Nas or Outkast, too.)

I agree 100%.
He's a rapper with a vocabulary.
Who'da thought?

mount and blade is a real good game. i recommend it to everyone. dont say youre a gamer without trying it.

also theres this game called diggles. it was probably the best game of its time but nobody noticed it. well it was noticed and praised but not praised enough i think.

Om is a fantastic band I'm not sure is very popular, but maybe they are and I'm just not cool enough to know.

Very melodic, slow, rock. Very nice, quiet listen. Great band.

Games:

Call of Duty UO
- multiplayer, rifles only Deathmatch, Winner takes All!

Music:

Muse
- Come on fellas, this is as post-apocalyptic as it gets
- try "Citizen Erased" "New Born" "Stockholme Syndrome" and
"Knights of Cydonia"

Tv On The Radio
- post apocalyptic indie
- singles "wolf like me" & "I was a lover"

And You will Know us by the Trail of Dead
- theatrical rock

The Unicorns
- they came along, sang about the world ending ... and then they
died like they thought they would. Best album of the 21st century
mind you. RIP.

Modest Mouse
- Lonesome Rock

Dredg
- Straight up rock with an 80's sound

Flaming Lips
- If you are not going to bother listening to their album in entirety...
dont bother listening at all. Use headphone.

The Go! Team
- Post modern New York luke warm jingles

Okkervil River
- Probably the best modern lyricist Ive heard

The Postal Service
- Something you might be able to listen to with your panzy
girlfriend... and all those people who think music has to have bass.

The Shins
- Mostly just the first album. Pure innocent good ol rock

Wolfparade
- The second best lyricist plus awesome synth rock

I know... I know...
but it was fun writing all that down and just remeniscing on the music that is.

Misteryo said:
Games: Indigo Prophecy

The weird Simon Says action sequences were sucky-weird, but everything else about the game I loved. Picked it off a shelf without ever having heard about it. Discounted price. If you can find it cheap, it's one of a kind.

Tinity

Text Adventure game on my Mac circa 1988. Alice in Wonderland meets Nuclear Apocalypse. Last year I used telnet to access somebody who had it, but that's down now. Maybe someone has produced a Flash version.

Music:

Alvin Youngblood Hart - best album: Big Mama's Door

Young guy playing blues. You'd swear he died forty years ago. Word is he studied with Taj Mahal.

Cesaria Evora

Music from Cape Verde with origins in Portugese music? I don't understand the language or know much about her, but her voice!

Soweto Gospel Choir

They actually won a Grammy this past year, and I was very excited for them, because maybe now they will start to sell some of their music in the States.

Misteryo
Indego is a great game. I have special edition of what it used to be called. It was renamed Indego prophacy but before it was called farenheit. 8-) Pretty goddamn cool :P

Wow! Somebody who has played Indigo Prophecy. No one I've ever met has even heard of the game.

I'm playing it through a second time right now, and I really do dig it. The developer calls it an interactive movie, and that is pretty accurate. You have meaningful choices, but an awful lot of the "game" is scripted sequences which smoothly transition back into gameplay.

It's unique, and that in itself makes it more valuable to me.

Misteryo

Misteryo said:
Wow! Somebody who has played Indigo Prophecy. No one I've ever met has even heard of the game.

I'm playing it through a second time right now, and I really do dig it. The developer calls it an interactive movie, and that is pretty accurate. You have meaningful choices, but an awful lot of the "game" is scripted sequences which smoothly transition back into gameplay.

It's unique, and that in itself makes it more valuable to me.

Misteryo
You mean farenheit :P

I bought the game because it looked pretty unique. i liked the way the murder was Played out. I am One of the only two people in my school my age who has played. One Indego And two Fallout. =l i dont even think anyone else has played fallout. :cry:

Oh come on. Muse is hardly "not well known" Everyone's heard of muse (I'm going to go see em play in November :D)

There's something I have to mention....

Zone of the Enders 2: Second Runner for Playstation 2.

Now, seeing as popular MGS is, I wouldn't be too surprised if anyone KNEW about this series. However I would be surprised if anyone has PLAYED these games.

Zone of the Enders (The original one) was mainly used as a vector to spread the MGS2 demo and most people refer to this game as the game that came with MGS2 demo and if you ask me, this game just plain sucks.

However, then came Zone of the Enders 2 that defined what a sequel should be. Improved story, improved gameplay, improved voice acting, improved graphics. Anything you could imagine was upgraded greatly.

Gameplay in the original was great as well, but in the sequel it is taken to a whole new level.

Honestly, if you have few bucks left, there's no reason not to buy this master piece. It is also completely beginner friendly since you don't have to know anything that happened in the first either, so you can just hop on since everything is explained that took place in the previous title.

It's not a popular game, you most likely have heard some awful things about the first game, but honestly, since it's so old and you most likely have to get it second hand it can't be expensive even for a crappy game, which it ain't.

Don't believe me? Check any review about it, you'll only hear good things. If you ask me, it's definately one of the most underrated games on PS2 as well as the best gameplay on all of PS2.

Cheers,
Caldera

Bumping up this thread to share a recent find of mine, a series of four classic, 2d adventure games, written and developed by Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

I found those games damn well written (really, writing is superb), having gripping, slightly cliche, but ever so engaging stories, and most of all, with no bullshit attached, they're classic adventure games to the bone. And best of all, they're completely free of charge.

If you're a fan of adventure games, you have to play them.

The games, in the story-line order:

5 Days a Stranger
7 Days a Sceptic
Trilby's Notes
6 Days a Sacrifice

Author's website

Games:

I am going to go semi old-school here Blackthorn on the snes was a great game, oddly enough not many people have played that game.

Actraiser 1 action packed side scroller mixed with a heavy dose of Sim City-style strategy, brilliantly executed.

Shadowrun (on the snes) aside from fallout & chrono trigger this is probably my favorite rpg of all time. Many people only know the genesis version (wich is shit by the way)

Mission Impossible on the commodore 64, at the time this game was da shit, as soon as you heard the robotic voice saying "Kill him my robots" you just shit your pants and got fucking scared when you saw the black orb approaching. some of you may laugh but this was in the 80's. And for those of you how remember and love the game there is a remake on the run read on

Music:

Metal:
Heavenly good french (France) band killer riffs great vocal. there myspace has only tacks from there newest cd (Virus) wich isn't there best but the track virus really shreds !

Impellitteri the guy is a fucking epic guitar hero, don't be fooled fools, he may be old but the guy keeps reinventing himself and each cd can rage from brutal, death ,rock, metal and so on...

Cage, Holy jesus fucking christ, for those where the words that I have said when I first heard this band, honestly my biggest discovery in years (in metal) the last time I have been blown away like this was with Judas Priest on the album painkiller. So, the album helldestroyer is easily 2007 best metal album...for me. They are fucking virtually unknown even though they have been in the scene for years.

Ambient:
Die Form DIE FORM has been able to impose years after years a music and an image of the most completed, in the practice of the "multimedia intervention" (music, performance, photography and cinema/video).
Since 1978

Arditi Neo classical military industrial gods, nuf said.

well I'm fucking tired so I will stop here, maybe if I feel like it, I will edit this later...

Back