Redux: Download, Not Up To Date

Discussion in 'Fallout Tactics Modding' started by RasterOps, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Corpse

Corpse Mildly Dipped

Apr 7, 2003
    If the zipgun has less range, this also implies the bullet is fired at a lesser velocity which would also result in a decrease in damage; also a larger calibre does not necessarily mean greater damage, this depends on the weight and velocity of the projectile. Other factors like barrel length also affect the damage and range of the bullet, for example; a .44 magnum revolver with an 8 inch barrel fires a 15.55 gram projectile at 458.3 m/s delivering 1633.2 joules of kinetic energy while a revolver with a 6 inch barrel, will fire the same projectile at 420.62 m/s = 1375.7 joules. The formula to find the kinetic energy of a projectile is (m/2000)*v^2 , where m= the weight of the projectile in grams; and v = velocity in m/s.

2. tyl998

tyl998 First time out of the vault

Jan 16, 2013
    Hi all, I'm a complete newb to using mods and to this website here. I just installed Redux, and I noticed that ll weapons now do a ridiculous amount of damage. Is that intended? On my first mission, 2 shots can easily kill someone, and a shotgun usually kills in one shot.

3. Aeqvinox

Aeqvinox First time out of the vault

Dec 2, 2012
    Yeah, that is the intended focus of the mod - all weapons do more damage. It generally means that you kill stuff faster, but stuff can also kill you faster now as well, if you're not careful.

4. rzrn1125

rzrn1125 First time out of the vault

Mar 21, 2013
    anyone has an updated link to fallout tactics redux? seems atomic gamer is down

5. Endocore

Endocore Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Modder

Mar 14, 2010
    @rzrn1125

Seems like the whole Atomic Gamer website isn't working :eek: , though hopefully that will be only temporary. Maybe try again there in a day or two.

6. Prosatanos

Prosatanos It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 25, 2011
  7. rzrn1125

rzrn1125 First time out of the vault

Mar 21, 2013
    thanks much :D

8. Rune Forumwalker

Rune Forumwalker First time out of the vault

Apr 17, 2010
    That is some great work you did, Endocore. I always saw this game as a bid of a flawed gem. It isn't perfect, and it doesn't need to be an exact clone of the first two games to be good.

I doubt this is possible from what I do know from looking at the FOT Editor, but is there any way to give the recruits floating text? It would add a bit more flavor if they had floating text at random during battles like the other NPC's and like the CNPC's from the first two games.

Does this mean the bug related to such perks like Leader was fixed? Those always seemed to either work or not work at all. The only time I remember one of those perks working is Ice's loner perk gave her the skill boost at all times.

9. Endocore

Endocore Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Modder

Mar 14, 2010
    Thanks.

Unfortunately individual squaddie comments aren't plausible for the main game due to technical reasons; even in single player maps this feature is problematic, though it is theoretically possible under some circumstances. The bottom line is personalities in FOT can't really be expanded as in Jagged Alliance and so forth, though of course that would be a wonderful embellishment of the game.

As far as I know, except in noted cases the team-related perks are all working as originally intended.

10. Rune Forumwalker

Rune Forumwalker First time out of the vault

Apr 17, 2010
    I didn't expect that to be the case. Is one of the bugs you fixed the one regarding the missing recruits (Fleetfoot, Slicer, Frank, Seedee, and Harddrive)?

Also I think I read you, or someone else, talking about changing the story somewhat? There was one thing that just seemed off from how it was written. It's about the deathclaws, but not the usual complaint.

The description of the beastlords gives a good enough reason for why there would be deathclaws with them without the need for the deathclaw mother to be imprisoned by them. If that part of the beastlord arc was removed, there could be a new mission similar to Peoria, Jefferson, and Junction City.

There would be a town that has come after constant attack by deathclaws since there is no longer a larger beastlord presence to control them. You could come in and be able to do some talking and trading with a few NPC's, have possibly a scripted attack or two in the town, and find deathclaws in the countryside of the map around the town. Also in the countryside could be a cave, or hole, leading to a cavern with more deathclaws, a deathclaw mother, and deathclaw eggs. There could even be a choice to destroy the eggs or leave them so the Scribes could get to study them.